Plus and minus on Herman Cain

Meh, he is good on a lot of issues that I have looked into so far but he is religious, and I don't mean "I believe" religious, but "I am better than you" Religious. His ending comment in the first Debate "And God DOES bless America" was a HUGE killer for me as being I'm a conservative not inflicted by religion.

I much more trust a man who is unashamed of his religious faith and beliefs and quite open about them than I do a man who seems desperate to prove to two different religions that he is one of them and doesn't do a very good job of it to either.

Why are people so afraid of religion?

The Founders weren't...and most Americans I know aren't either...

Because Religious people often become confused. I also feel that when someone drops the G o d while in political debates that it means they are putting stock in something that has no meaning… Basically, their policy and ideas should be all that is needed when discussing how to run the country, not who they pray to.

I much more trust a man who is unashamed of his religious faith and beliefs and quite open about them than I do a man who seems desperate to prove to two different religions that he is one of them and doesn't do a very good job of it to either.

Because Religious people often become confused. I also feel that when someone drops the G o d while in political debates that it means they are putting stock in something that has no meaning… Basically, their policy and ideas should be all that is needed when discussing how to run the country, not who they pray to.

Maybe they do...maybe they don't...But the Founders hit upon the winningest MARK in Human history...and guess where it was rooted?

Sorry. And did I mention that they FORBID the imposition of it upon society?

You must have forgotten that. But yet it is attacked as if it was...

WHY?

Have a problem with a moral code?

Meh, he is good on a lot of issues that I have looked into so far but he is religious, and I don't mean "I believe" religious, but "I am better than you" Religious. His ending comment in the first Debate "And God DOES bless America" was a HUGE killer for me as being I'm a conservative not inflicted by religion.

This is a big secret: I'm agnostic.

Okay, it isn't a secret at all, I'm pretty brash about it. Still, I recognize fully that Mr. Cain was highlighting the contrast between himself and Obama due to the Wright comments.

Let me ask you, if you would not vote for someone because they are a Christian, how do you differ from the fundamentalists whom you no doubt despise who would vote for a person only because they were a Christian?

Personally, I don't care what others believe provided they try to force me to that belief or fly planes into buildings.

Maybe they do...maybe they don't...But the Founders hit upon the winningest MARK in Human history...and guess where it was rooted?

WHY?

Leave it alone, I have no interest in the ramblings about who or what the founding fathers believed. Our constitution separates the 2 and I agree with it and don't like people trying to buy votes by talking about God. It would be like a candidate mentioning aliens if the country were fascinated with it... God dropping is a gamble in politics, you gain some and you lose some, Cain is taking that gamble and while I'm not saying I would not vote for him (obviously), I see him as a lesser qualified leader for it.

BTW, just for the record many leaders or "just people" are very Religious and yet they seem to have a moral code that means chit. Take a guy that joined the US army, believes in God then goes to another country and kills someone or many someone’s for that matter... Good moral code? I'll leave that to the church trying to fill their seats to argue why that person is still A ok in Gods book.

Fact is God is nowhere in the constitution and the Founding Fathers did it that way for a reason... I'm not religious and I don't need the bible as a guide to make me morally correct. If anything the fact that the good VS the bad of the overall effect that the Bible has had on humanity is easily debatable is telling of its moral superiority...

So once again just so we’re clear, I like Cain better than everyone else running on the Republican side, other than Ron Paul… That says a lot about Cain to me.

WHY?

Leave it alone, I have no interest in the ramblings about who or what the founding fathers believed. Our constitution separates the 2 and I agree with it and don't like people trying to buy votes by talking about God. It would be like a candidate mentioning aliens if the country were fascinated with it... God dropping is a gamble in politics, you gain some and you lose some, Cain is taking that gamble and while I'm not saying I would not vote for him (obviously), I see him as a lesser qualified leader for it.

BTW, just for the record many leaders or "just people" are very Religious and yet they seem to have a moral code that means chit. Take a guy that joined the US army, believes in God then goes to another country and kills someone or many someone’s for that matter... Good moral code? I'll leave that to the church trying to fill their seats to argue why that person is still A ok in Gods book.

Fact is God is nowhere in the constitution and the Founding Fathers did it that way for a reason... I'm not religious and I don't need the bible as a guide to make me morally correct. If anything the fact that the good VS the bad of the overall effect that the Bible has had on humanity is easily debatable is telling of its moral superiority...

So once again just so we’re clear, I like Cain better than everyone else running on the Republican side, other than Ron Paul… That says a lot about Cain to me.

So why are you here in this nation?

The first part of building the Constitution was what?

The DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE...

Son? YOU have some real reading and soul-searching to contend with.

This is a big secret: I'm agnostic.

Okay, it isn't a secret at all, I'm pretty brash about it. Still, I recognize fully that Mr. Cain was highlighting the contrast between himself and Obama due to the Wright comments.

Let me ask you, if you would not vote for someone because they are a Christian, how do you differ from the fundamentalists whom you no doubt despise who would vote for a person only because they were a Christian?

Personally, I don't care what others believe provided they try to force me to that belief or fly planes into buildings.

"if you would not vote for someone because they are a Christian, how do you differ from the fundamentalists whom you no doubt despise who would vote for a person only because they were a Christian?"

First (and this is politely and honestly being said) I voted for Ron Paul (write in) who is Christian.

Next you would be correct, if I would not vote for someone just because they are Christian then I might not be any better except... A married couple that are deeply Christian when broken down might be very different Christians. That is to say, no two Christians are alike.

If you can't count on Christians to being the same then how can anyone support someone or at least gain favor of someone just off that statement of being Christian alone?

Maybe you're right and Cain was simply bringing up Rev Write, I have no idea but it would have helped if he had said so as I'm not here to decode their message =D.

I don't know. I kind of like a person whose religion is sincere and really part of his life rather than one who just uses it as window dressing. Obama sat in that pew for 20 years and has no clue what the preacher man was saying. Cain is the message.

The worst monsters are the ones who use religion as a tool rather than something that is really part of them.

WHY?

I meant in regards to their personal faith... And God is not in the constitution, that is one of the reasons the FF were so great as it was about freedom not control.

I meant in regards to their personal faith... And God is not in the constitution, that is one of the reasons the FF were so great as it was about freedom not control.

But yet? Throwing all that to the side? They Ratified it...

WHY?

Maybe you're right and Cain was simply bringing up Rev Write, I have no idea but it would have helped if he had said so as I'm not here to decode their message =D.

The point is, outside of Islam, why would you care what religious faith someone had? There was a big deal about Romney being a Mormon. It's all rubbish to me, why do I care if he's a Mormon? Romney is a left wing pile of crap, that I DO care about, but being a Mormon is irrelevant to me.

But yet? Throwing all that to the side? They Ratified it...

WHY?

I'm soryy, what are you talking about? Are you really trying to prove that the Constitution of the United States has "God" in it?

The point is, outside of Islam, why would you care what religious faith someone had? There was a big deal about Romney being a Mormon. It's all rubbish to me, why do I care if he's a Mormon? Romney is a left wing pile of crap, that I DO care about, but being a Mormon is irrelevant to me.

I don't care what someones religion is. When they start making shout outs to G O D, I feel like thier platform is weak is all. Their ideas and record on how to run Government is what should hold them above others, not how important Gods blessing of America is.

How true......we wouldn't want another Muslim President would we?

Remember what I said in the FIRST Cain thread...there's just TOO much evidence out there with Cain spewing his swill.

Toast I say....TOAST!

:lol:
lol

You don't like Cain because he's black.

Correction, He does not like Cain Because he is Black and dares to not be a Liberal Democrat. OH MY. Why Black people are not allowed free will. They must all be Liberal Democrats or by god they are spewing swill.

Marc is a hopelessly Ignorant fool. Nothing more can be said for him.

As far as my impression of Cain. It is simple. I liked some of what he had to say in the Debate, But I think he needs some other Political Experience before he is ready for the WH. Run for governor or Senate or something, then run in 2016. That is my assessment anyways. Even though I see the Draw of running a black Candidate against Obama believe me. Why if the Republican Party Nominated a Black Man to run, what would Rdean be able to say in here anymore? lol

There are so many reasons to not like Obama that picking on his Religion is not needed but some people feel they need to, oh well.

I agree and in the end it's why I like Ron Paul even more... He believes in the separation of Religion and Government to the point where he does not integrate it into his Campaigning.

I didn’t even know RP was religious until he was asked about back in 2008. And again while Cain is good on many issues he seems like the more in your face “he said she said BS” candidate. I’m sure Cain will draw a lot of attention but I want a leader that knows how to get things done that I agree with rather than someone that I agree in essence but don’t believe can get them done. I still think Cain would make a bad fucking ass VP.

At this point if Cain was the guy against Obama I'd prolly vote for Cain. I just need to learn more about Cain, and lucky me, I will =D

I don't want a candidate who says what he thinks the people want to hear. I want a candidate who says what he means and means what he says. And in this dangerous and uncertain world, I for one won't mind a president who openly acknowledges God and who prays. There is zero indication that Cain would violate the first amendment or any other Constitutional provision, and therefore his religious faith should be a non issue even as he should feel free to mention it when appropriate.

There are so many reasons to not like Obama that picking on his Religion is not needed but some people feel they need to, oh well.

I wasnt talking about Obama...I was talking about Reagan

What do people see in Cain? He looks like an empty suit. I have seen several of his videos. He talks a lot and says nothing.

Cut taxes - Yaya, cut spending - yaya, wave the flag - rah, rah, rah.

What else does he have?

Forum List

Back