Petraeus Says Florida Church Koran Burning Threatens Troops

If you think Islam will be altered one dot or tiddle by any action from the west you are deusional . They just look for leverage and cracks to gain influence .

Islamic scripture calls on muslims to fight to make Islam the only rule of law.
No scholar or equivocation on the part of "moderate muslims "or US government NGO can or will change that fact.

Book 019, Number 4321:
It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: They are from them.

Book 019, Number 4322:
It is narrated by Sa'b b. Jaththama that he said (to the Holy Prophet): Messenger of Allah, we kill the children of the polytheists during the night raids. He said: They are from them.

Book 019, Number 4323:
Sa'b b. Jaththama has narrated that the Prophet (may peace be upon him) asked: What about the children of polytheists killed by the cavalry during the night raid? He said: They are from them.

CRCC: Center For Muslim-Jewish Engagement: Resources: Religious Texts

Yeah, WTF does that liberal Gen. Petraeus know what he's fucking talking about!

You miss the point, pal. It's gonna be something.

Or, to put it another way: do you honestly believe, in your heart of hearts, that there would be NO ATTACKS against US troops if the book burning was canceled?

No, of course not. But I think you miss the point. The point is that there are going to be more attacks because of this.

I don't question General Petraeus' competency as a commander. I do have to wonder why he strayed into a topic that is purely political and is not connected to military operations. Weather, terrain, troops, equipment, opportunity, logistics, intelligence and time available have everything to do with military operations. The actions of some wacko pastor half a world away do not.

My guess is that the General was offering a personal opinion that got twisted into a political statement. But if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that General Petraeus doesn't stay up at night worried whether or not some wacko is going to burn a stack of Korans.

Your mileage may differ.
The reason why is because this book burning is stirring up animosity in the Islamic world. Patraeus has said that this is putting his troops into danger. He's there on the ground. He sees it. You must ask yourself, why would perhaps the most respected general of his generation uncharacteristically make a comment about some wackjob church, a civilian matter? Is he wrong in what he is seeing on the ground and what is being reported every day, or are you wrong in your assumptions and preconceived notions? In all due respect, the opinions of a highly respected general telling me that something is putting his troops in danger carries greater weight than someone with little knowledge of the current situation - meaning me and you and everyone commenting in this thread.

Read the article again. That bozo preacher is being interviewed around the world. He is bringing international condemnation. In the same way that there are whackjobs here on this board believing that Muslim extremists are representative of Islam as a whole, you have similar extremists overseas thinking that nutter preachers burning korans is representative of American Christianity. And this is being broadcast to the broader Muslim population. And I'm sorry, American troops will absolutely not win fighting a war in Islamic countries if the broad population is against them.

Let me see if I can say this right.

So the fuck what?

Those people are going to find something to obsess over. No one was burning Qur'ans before 9/11, but they still flew those planes into the WTC and the Pentagon. If this little episode increases the attacks it may give us a better chance to end the threat. that will inevitably come from these people. They do not need this to find a reason to attack us, and stopping it will not only not stop the attacks, it will make us look weak.

I personally think these people are being stupid, but that does not excuse the people who are going to be attacking the troops because of it. The part you seem to be having trouble grasping is that killing people over a book burning is not a proportionate response.

If Islam was a peace loving, tolerant religion this would not be happening. If I went out into the desert and burned a few thousand Bibles no one would be threatening to kill me, nor would I be putting anyone else in danger. No one would be plotting attacks against American troops anywhere in the world.

Yet you, in your infinite wisdom, think the people in FL are the really bad people because they do not want to bow to threats. Let me explain to you how I, and other real Americans, feel about this.

Those people in Florida are a bunch of idiots who are going to make total fools out of themselves by burning those Qur'ans, but they have a right to do it if they want. Anyone that threatens violence against them, or anyone else, as a result of this deserve nothing but death themselves. If they attempt to kill anyone as a result of this act of censorship, and I can stop them, I will kill them to do so.

Why the fuck do you get hung up on the little thing and ignore the threats and violence? If you want to rant and rave about stupidity, why not actually rant about the really bad people? The people that will kill over this are the ones you should be worried about, but you focus on the ones that are not going to kill you if you disagree with them.

You are proof that survival of the fittest is nothing but bullshit, because your attitude is about as anti survival as it is possible to get.

You are proof that survival of the fittest is nothing but bullshit, because your attitude is about as anti survival as it is possible to get.

Yes, that's right. General Patraeus isn't about survival.

Well done. Good logic. Soundly reasoned.

I guess General Patraeus isn't a real American.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what is done they will still be pissed until every jew has been exterminated, or converted and their religion is the religion of the world. So I sa screw thewm and burn their books.

And kill them all. Kill the women and children.

Why is it that you defend those who want to exterminate the Jews and want to kill as many Americans as they can? Did you know that a vast majority of Muslims want Sharia law for the world

Google

You are bashing me for saying something out of anger but unknown to you, you are sleeping with the enemy. Do you get all warm a fuzzy feeling inside thinking you are doing right defending a religion that has no regard to you as a person? Wake up

It doesn't matter what is done they will still be pissed until every jew has been exterminated, or converted and their religion is the religion of the world. So I sa screw thewm and burn their books.

Why is it that you defend those who want to exterminate the Jews and want to kill as many Americans as they can? Did you know that a vast majority of Muslims want Sharia law for the world

Google

You are bashing me for saying something out of anger but unknown to you, you are sleeping with the enemy. Do you get all warm a fuzzy feeling inside thinking you are doing right defending a religion that has no regard to you as a person? Wake up

I don't take the opinions of a genocidal sociopath seriously. Unless he's in power. And thankfully, you're not in power.

Those people are going to find something to obsess over. No one was burning Qur'ans before 9/11, but they still flew those planes into the WTC and the Pentagon.
That was a long time ago.
Stop drudging up ancient history.

I wonder when will they revise the history of what happen during 9/11? I can say at least it will never happen in my life time.

I agree.

Burning Korans is stupid, hateful and un-Christian.

Unfortunately, according to the left NO ONE should try speak out against them because they have a constitutional right to freedom of expression.

Too bad, because I think we could have done some good here. :eusa_silenced:

OMG, you turned this into an Obama thing? Wow.

Google

I don't take the opinions of a genocidal sociopath seriously. Unless he's in power. And thankfully, you're not in power.

Look at who you are supporting. Wake up.

It may well inflame the Muslims. This is a free country, and even though I do not believe what that church in Florida is about to do is a good idea, I have to ask where it all ends.

This is a free country, and do we give in to the whims of some lunatics in a shithole like Afghanistan just because they might get offended? Do we become like certain places in Europe where they quiver in fear whenever world Muslims beat their fists (Denmark), or do we allow the Koran burnings to take place even though it may put our troops at risk? It's a tough call.

It does have a bearing on military operations. The reason why he commented is because he is seeing an increase in hostility to American troops in Afghanistan directly. There is cause and effect. Yes, Muslim radicals will always want to attack us, but not every single Muslim extremist is going to attack at every single second. Everyone has a tipping point, and demonstrations of intolerant hostility - which is what these braindead rednecks burning Korans are doing - will push many more over the edge to think it is now worthy of risking their lives by trying to kill American troops.

Yeah. Right.

Some radical Muslim in Kabul cruising the internet reads that some pastor in Florida is going to burn the Koran so flies into a rage with "Allahdammit! We have to do something about this!" so he texts his buddies, and the next thing you know, otherwise peaceful Muslims are attacking US soldiers.

Sure.

I can see that.

:eusa_whistle:

And if by some whacked out instance that is true, then it just illustrates again how intolerant and violent muslims are. If the simple act of burning a koran drives them so insane that they have to run into the streets and kill American troops, then these sons a bitches are some crazy mother fuckers, and I'd just as soon see them dead.

Last edited:
It may well inflame the Muslims. This is a free country, and even though I do not believe what that church in Florida is about to do is a good idea, I have to ask where it all ends.

This is a free country, and do we give in to the whims of some lunatics in a shithole like Afghanistan just because they might get offended? Do we become like certain places in Europe where they quiver in fear whenever world Muslims beat their fists (Denmark), or do we allow the Koran burnings to take place even though it may put our troops at risk? It's a tough call.

Burn Them!

Not really, terrorism works

It's not a tough call. If these mother fucking muslims don't give a shit about how OFFENDED we are about them building their victory mosque at ground zero, then FUCK THEM if they get OFFENDED if a few of their korans get burnt.

It does have a bearing on military operations. The reason why he commented is because he is seeing an increase in hostility to American troops in Afghanistan directly. There is cause and effect. Yes, Muslim radicals will always want to attack us, but not every single Muslim extremist is going to attack at every single second. Everyone has a tipping point, and demonstrations of intolerant hostility - which is what these braindead rednecks burning Korans are doing - will push many more over the edge to think it is now worthy of risking their lives by trying to kill American troops.

Yeah. Right.

Some radical Muslim in Kabul cruising the internet reads that some pastor in Florida is going to burn the Koran so flies into a rage with "Allahdammit! We have to do something about this!" so he texts his buddies, and the next thing you know, otherwise peaceful Muslims are attacking US soldiers.

Sure.

I can see that.

:eusa_whistle:

And if by some whacked out instance that is true, then it just illustrates again how intolerant and violent muslims are. If the simple act of burning a koran drives them so insane that they have to run into the streets and kill American troops, then these sons a bitches are some crazy mother fuckers, and I'd just as soon see them dead.

Carefull toro will call you a sociopath for defending America and talking shit about his best buddy's the muslims.

Burn Them!

I guess so.:doubt:

Forum List

Back