Pelosi Announces Impeachment Vote

Pelosi: “The facts are uncontested,” she continued. “The president abused his power for his own personal political benefit at the expense of our national security by withholding military aid and a crucial Oval Office meeting in exchange for an announcement of an investigation into his political rival.”

The facts are that some people testified. But that doesn't make whatever they said to be true, which is very much contested. It's not right to declare these allegations to be true when there is no real proof; no email, no memo, no transcript, no document of any kind where Trump says he wants to withhold aid to Ukraine until and unless they go after Biden. Not one of the people who testified said that Trump said that, NOT ONE. In fact, many testified that he specifically said otherwise. Therefore, you do not you should not be trying to remove a duly-elected President from office when you have no proof of culpability.

It is my fervent hope that the Dems get their asses kicked in next November's elections and that Mrs Pelosi loses her job as Speaker and never gets it back. What we are witnessing now is nothing more than total political bullshit.

He didn't cheat the first time, and there is no cheating this time. Again, it speaks to the bias and hatred that exist in the hearts of people like you who have to twist and lie about things in order to justify your seething vitriol toward the man.

He had corrupt intent the first time and an independent consul appointed by Congress would have been able to do a much better job than the DOJ controlled investigation.

Now he was caught before he could pull the trigger on the plot to extort a public pronouncement that Joe Biden was under criminal investigation by the Ukrainian President. Former Republicans, now Trumpublicans, apparently support that corrupt effort to attack our two party system.
Pure fantasy land stuff.

I understand. You support the Unitary Executive Theory that the President is above the law and Congressional oversight.
What we need is oversight of the congress!
We allegedly have that right now. It is called, "The people".

In reality, incumbency and the two-party system have made it a lock that no one ever questions their power or job security.

I would add a 3rd and maybe a 4th item to the list: the media and academia. BUT - it comes down to the voters, who should be the ones questioning their power and job security. Remember, we threw a bunch of assholes out of office in 2010, and we can and should do it again whenever warranted. Both parties BTW, nobody should get a free pass for their failure to do the job they were elected to do.

I honestly think the squad forced her hand

He had corrupt intent the first time and an independent consul appointed by Congress would have been able to do a much better job than the DOJ controlled investigation.

Now he was caught before he could pull the trigger on the plot to extort a public pronouncement that Joe Biden was under criminal investigation by the Ukrainian President. Former Republicans, now Trumpublicans, apparently support that corrupt effort to attack our two party system.
What is your direct and unassailable evidence of corrupt intent?

The demand of a public announcement of an investigation of your political opponent is something I expect from a two-bit dictatorship. How can anyone defend it?
That's evidence he wanted a public announcement, not any evidence of the intent for it.

I honestly think the squad forced her hand

Most likely. I was watching, her face and voice were like a study in controlled terror. I don't think she in complete control of the House or herself.

What is your direct and unassailable evidence of corrupt intent?

The demand of a public announcement of an investigation of your political opponent is something I expect from a two-bit dictatorship. How can anyone defend it?
That's evidence he wanted a public announcement, not any evidence of the intent for it.

That itself is a corrupt intent to undermine our two party political system. Splashing those headlines around the world would have been devastating to Joe's campaign and everyone knows it. To say nothing about the propaganda value of "It was Ukraine who did it to help Hillary" and the DNC Server\Crowdstrike nonsense.

Yep, it's happening.

Impeachment was a no doubt but silly Democrats you still lack the Senate to remove Donny Boy...

Never in doubt? Except for all the idiots who kept thinking the Dems would never put it up to a vote.

As opposed to the senate I haven't heard any liberals on this board who are convinced the senate will remove him from office. I don't think that is or should be the goal of the House. The House needs to follow it's own collective conscience, the senate is on it's own.

Yep, it's happening.

Impeachment was a no doubt but silly Democrats you still lack the Senate to remove Donny Boy...

Never in doubt? Except for all the idiots who kept thinking the Dems would never put it up to a vote.

As opposed to the senate I haven't heard any liberals on this board who are convinced the senate will remove him from office. I don't think that is or should be the goal of the House. The House needs to follow it's own collective conscience, the senate is on it's own.

It should be somewhat of the goal, so you are admitting that Pelosi only true goal is to win Seats in next November election and if she fails will you admit the impeachment was not wise?

Yep, it's happening.

Indeed, and the Senate will, defeating the House Democrats.

McConnell just might slow-walk this political atrocity.

Yep, it's happening.

It should be somewhat of the goal, so you are admitting that Pelosi only true goal is to win Seats in next November election and if she fails will you admit the impeachment was not wise?

Never said that, why do you always misquote me? Like constantly.

One of the goals of the House (and senate) is oversight of the executive branch, not worry too much about what the other side of the building is doing.

The House has also passed about 275 bills that the senate has stepped on, does that mean the House should stop passing bills too? Of course not.

Yep, it's happening.

One of the goals of the House (and senate) is oversight of the executive branch, not worry too much about what the other side of the building is doing.

The House has also passed about 275 bills that the senate has stepped on, does that mean the House should stop passing bills too? Of course not.

How many bills did the GOP Hous pass when Reid was in charge of the Senate and Obama was in the Oval Office that never saw a Senate vote?

Fact is those of you that cry now did not have any issue when Reid was doing the same thing that McConnell is doing now with House Bills!

Also it is clear what Pelosi is doing and that is for the hope of winning Seats in the Senate and Oval Office while you applaud her and say " No, she is doing her job " ...

Yep, it's happening.

How many bills did the GOP Hous pass when Reid was in charge of the Senate and Obama was in the Oval Office that never saw a Senate vote?

Fact is those of you that cry now did not have any issue when Reid was doing the same thing that McConnell is doing now with House Bills!

Also it is clear what Pelosi is doing and that is for the hope of winning Seats in the Senate and Oval Office while you applaud her and say " No, she is doing her job " ...

How many? Not that this was my point or anything.

You understand that, right? Or are you going to lie about what I posted again?

How many?

From a source you can not lie about:

Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for 'do-nothing Senate'

So it is proven that Reid did sit on Bills but you will claim that is different and McConnell should do the bidding of the opposition political party.

So all this is nothing to win seats, and again do you really think Democrats are going to win big in 2020?

On another note, Pelosi said that Trump has to be stopped from influencing the elections, again.

Again.

Think about what that means as it speaks to her, and the Democrats mindset.

They actually think that Trump cheated in the 2016 election, even in the face that it has never been proven and no facts back that narrative.
Trump welcomes cheating and he joyfully played along with the Russians' interference, whether he had to lift a finger himself. Now he has been caught cheating again because it is campaign season once again. The man has no care for right or wrong; winning is all that matters to him.

Just how bright does one have to be to see that?
He didn't cheat the first time, and there is no cheating this time. Again, it speaks to the bias and hatred that exist in the hearts of people like you who have to twist and lie about things in order to justify your seething vitriol toward the man.
You don't know me and you have no call to be guessing what is going on in my heart or any other part of me.
He welcomed the Russians cheating to help his campaign. He was JUST CAUGHT RED HANDED cheating with Ukraine and the tax payers money. There have been questions in more than one case about how the Trump campaign handled donations and funds. He CHEATS. I would not want to play Monopoly with that guy. He'd be miscounting his moves and stealing $100 bills from the guy next to him every time he went to the bathroom.

To draft articles of impeachment.
Do you think the senile old coot has the votes?
She does in the house! It will not pass in the Senate.

Not that it does any good to correct wingnuts but only the House votes on articles of impeachment. The senate holds the trial. Now, maybe you knew that and maybe you didn't but I've seen more than a couple of you in the past wrestle with the concept.
Won't it be the same basic evidence though? The same "crimes" if you will?

Forum List

Back