Paul Ryan requested stimulus funds FOUR times

Of course he did.

That was his job at the time...to get as much FEDERAL pork into his district as possible.

IN terms of behavior when it comes to getting PORK, the difference between the Ds and Rs is practically ZERO.

If Congress has already approved the pork, only a moron wouldn't try to get his fair share. The Democrat meme that doing so is hypocritical is only swallowed by congenital morons and liberals.

Nice try. Dems are not saying that requesting stimulus funds was a hypocritical move for Ryan; they're saying that he's hypocritical for requesting those funds while simultaneously demonizing the stimulus.

You just don't, or won't get it, little Brit.

In other words, it's hypocritical, only not. What a dipshit.

It's not hypocritical. If there's a pot of money being handed out, then everyone who doesn't get in line is a fool, no matter what you think about how the money was obtained or whether it's smart to be handing out pots of money.

You're right, I don't get why liberals think anyone is going to swallow their idiocies.

That's right, after all of that bluster and indignation, they ran for the stimulus.

Hypocrites. They should have been forced to prove their theories.

Hypocritical? Since we're all paying for the stimulus, seems practical and intelligent to benefit from it. Unless, of course, you're a partisan twit who can't use logic and reason.
Asking for his states percentage of stimulus would be one thing.

Stating that "it will create growth and jobs" exposes Ryan for what he is - a liar who now wants to claim that the stimulus was a failure.

Yes, you're a partisan twit who can't use logic and reason.

I don't have a problem with that. Only morons believe it's hypocritical to get your share of what Congress approved. If a crook robbed your bank and then threw the money in the air, are you saying that anyone who scrambled for it would be a hypocrite if they said they were against armed robbery? Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. That's how we know you're a scumbag and a moron.

Uh, what? So, according to you, a person who steals money (that is what they'd be doing in your scenario) and then says that theft is bad, is NOT a hypocrite? :confused:

Who's the scumbag and moron?

:lol:

That isn't what I said. Obviously, you're too stupid even to follow a simple argument. I said if the thief throws the money in the air and you are one of the people scrambling to get the money falling to the ground. The thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money. Get it? No, of course you don't. At least you won't admit it.

Democrats stole the money. They approved the porkulus.

Uh..yeah, I get that the thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money that the thief drops. My point is that the people scrambling for the money are also stealing the money. So, if those people steal money and then say that theft is bad, then they're hypocrites.

You. Are. A. Moron.

WASHINGTON -- During Thursday night's vice presidential debate, Vice President Joe Biden attacked Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) for criticizing the president's stimulus act despite having sent two separate requests for stimulus funds for his district.

Biden was wrong. Ryan sent at least four requests.

More: Paul Ryan Stimulus Funds Requests Show VP Nominee Asked For More Than Previously Reported [READ]

Maybe some Republicans felt all the stimulus money shouldn't just go for Democrat payoffs and bribes..:lol:

Last edited:
Uh, what? So, according to you, a person who steals money (that is what they'd be doing in your scenario) and then says that theft is bad, is NOT a hypocrite? :confused:

Who's the scumbag and moron?

:lol:

That isn't what I said. Obviously, you're too stupid even to follow a simple argument. I said if the thief throws the money in the air and you are one of the people scrambling to get the money falling to the ground. The thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money. Get it? No, of course you don't. At least you won't admit it.

Democrats stole the money. They approved the porkulus.

Uh..yeah, I get that the thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money that the thief drops. My point is that the people scrambling for the money are also stealing the money. So, if those people steal money and then say that theft is bad, then they're hypocrites.

You. Are. A. Moron.

You're obviously immune to logic.

I believe I've got the gist from title, not bothering to read all else.

Here's the deal. All of us, in this country, play by the rules at the time. If there's a constitution passed that says 3/5's are counted for census, that's the rule. At least until a war if fought, which took how many years?

If 'separate but equal' is the law, so be it. Until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Women can't vote? Until an amendment is passed.

18 years olds can't vote, but can be conscripted? Until another amendment is passed.

Want change? Work with the Constitution.

It really looks bad for Ryan, although he's not the only anti-stimulus politician who eagerly accepted funds.

That's right, after all of that bluster and indignation, they ran for the stimulus.

Left wing ignorance does not constitute an argument. Any intelligent individual would have opposed the stimulus package, as an utter waste of taxpayer money,

However, if in their foolishness, Democrats manage to get authorization to spend the money, every senator and congressperson has an obligation to ensure their constituants get a fair share of the loot.

That is not hypocrisy, that is common sense.

Suppose you are on a lifeboat with 20 other people and five bottles of water. Although, a few of you think that the water should be rationed over several days, the majority vote to drink it all now. Would you forgo your share of that water, just because you think it is a stupid decision? If you did, that would be the second stupid decision.

It really looks bad for Ryan, although he's not the only anti-stimulus politician who eagerly accepted funds.

Left wing ignorance does not constitute an argument. Any intelligent individual would have opposed the stimulus package, as an utter waste of taxpayer money,

However, if in their foolishness, Democrats manage to get authorization to spend the money, every senator and congressperson has an obligation to ensure their constituants get a fair share of the loot.

Suppose you are on a lifeboat with 20 other people and five bottles of water. Although, a few of you think that the water should be rationed over several days, the majority vote to drink it all now. Would you forgo your share of that water, just because you think it is a stupid decision? If you did, that would be the second stupid decision.

Kudos, you said that more clearly than I.

WASHINGTON -- During Thursday night's vice presidential debate, Vice President Joe Biden attacked Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) for criticizing the president's stimulus act despite having sent two separate requests for stimulus funds for his district.

Biden was wrong. Ryan sent at least four requests.

More: Paul Ryan Stimulus Funds Requests Show VP Nominee Asked For More Than Previously Reported [READ]

I see no Reason what so ever to hold it against him. Just because you Oppose the Bill, does not mean you are not still obligated as a Representative of the people of your state, to get them their share of it once it is decided the money is going to be spent anyways.

Why let it all go to Obama Supporters. lol

Logic and Sarah have never met...:D

When did Ryan ever say he was "anti-stimulus"? What Ryan pointed out was that this Administration took the 870 billion dollars it had to play with for stimulus and wasted it on crap like Solyndra, Tesla and public union bailouts that didn't do anything to create new jobs but paid back the people who supported Barack Obama with huge campaign donations.

That makes Ryan "look bad"?

Sorry, Kiddies but the fact that some people OTHER than Barry's "bundlers" and union pals wanted some of that huge amount of money to go towards what it was INTENDED to go towards...namely creating jobs...doesn't change the fact that you progressives made choices that wasted vast sums of our money...money that we had to borrow.

I expect my representatives to represent 'me', meaning the greater me, not the individual me. If the government is throwing around monies for roads, bridges, schools, and fountains; my rep should get ours. When it comes to votes, should say no.

Not hypocrisy, reality.

The hypocrisy is those progressives that say that conservatives shouldn't take SSI, etc., because they disagree with the program. Not so. Their money and they should get at least what they put into it, back. With interest.

Other examples are legion.

Of course he did.

That was his job at the time...to get as much FEDERAL pork into his district as possible.

IN terms of behavior when it comes to getting PORK, the difference between the Ds and Rs is practically ZERO.

If Congress has already approved the pork, only a moron wouldn't try to get his fair share. The Democrat meme that doing so is hypocritical is only swallowed by congenital morons and liberals.

Why would a Congressman want the money? To create jobs and stimulate the economy in his district?

Ryan and the rest of the GOP said the stimulus wouldn't/couldn't do that.

Oh that Lyin Ryaan.

In the House of Reps. he talks about the stimulus like they were taking his paycheck to fund it. That's how bad he said it was.

Then he lied a couple times when asked if he did request stimulus funds. And was caught out in his lie when his request letters were published.

And in his letters he requested funds for an energy group claiming that the monies would create jobs in his district.

After claiming that the stimulus wouldn't create any jobs.

Paul is the perfect rethug.

But how do they (rethugs) talk out of both sides of their mouths so well?

Integrity? Who the fuk needs intergrity in their politicians? Not us evidentally.

Ryan didn't ask for a dime for himself. His requests were made on behalf of his constituents whose money was being redistributed. So they asked for some back, big deal. That was his job. He was a Congressman.

Paul Ryan requested stimulus funds FOUR times
Why would he do a hypocritical thing like that :dunno: WHY?!!! :mad:

Pssst: because he's Lyin' Ryan/the Lyin' King :)

What's amusing about this claim is that the man that Ryan was debating that night told lies repeatedly and not small ones. Joe Biden told some real WHOPPERS.

Ryan simply pointed out this Administration's economic numbers and total lack of a plan going forward to put people back to work and cut the deficit.

Biden HAS to lie because their record is THAT bad.

I don't have a problem with Ryan requesting stimulus money for constituents. That is what he is elected to do. If you don't look after your constituents they will vote in someone who will.

He may have voted against the stimulus but when the funds became available he would be a fool not to apply for them.

There are many things to attack Paul Ryan for, this is not one of them. This falls under the category of being a politician - it's his job.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back