Paul Ryan requested stimulus funds FOUR times

Was Ryan an elected Congressman?
Is the job of an elected Congressman to obtain grants and contracts for his constituents?
Did Ryan do a good job?

There you go!

whatever stef.

You wanna take a shot at the question; how does a 20% across the board tax cut make those paying no Federal Income tax have a "skin in the game"??

Is the job of an elected Congressman to obtain grants and contracts for his constituents?
Did Ryan do a good job?

There you go!

Nah, was he elected to be a hypocrite??? Only the folks that elected him can decide that.
But my bet is that every dollar ryan had sent his way went to a Rethug that supported him.

And they hate the Federal guvmint also. Except when they wanted that money.

Did Ryan do a good job?

There you go!

Nah, was he elected to be a hypocrite??? Only the folks that elected him can decide that.
But my bet is that every dollar ryan had sent his way went to a Rethug that supported him.

And they hate the Federal guvmint also. Except when they wanted that money.

Are you thinking seriously about what you said?

Ryan is in a heavily democratic district. The majority of registered votes are registered democrats and obama carried the Ryan district by a wide margin.

But he only got money for republicans but got all those democrats to vote for him anyway.

Yeah...especially if they're talking to a crowd of million dollar donors and don't have a clue about being held accountable.......a mere slip of the tongue.

well fer sure your Dear Leader NEVER did that..oh no, he just called us greedy bitter bible and gun clingers while at a crowd of million dollar donors and don't have a clue about being held accountable...but we know you don't have a problem with that, just Romney

Steff, you sound like a 10 year old.

Is that in dog years?

Most of Obama's stimulus money was wasted on corporate welfare, political patronage, and cronyism.

It was ryan's staff that had sought stimulus money for two of his constituents.

And he voted for the bush stimulus which he probably regrets.

But the money was taxpayer money and his constiuents had just as much right to that money as any corporation.

Remember that solyndra took over 500 million and then declared bankruptcy.

That is a way bigger issue than Ryan taking a wee bit of stimulus money for private citizens.

I love it. Ryan requests stimulus funds, then bashes the stimulus as wasteful spending, and the right-wing base says, "What's the problem? He was just doing his job. The money was available, so why shouldn't he have asked for it?"

I have absolutely no problem with Ryan requesting stimulus funds. That's what the stimulus was for -- to help states get out of the recession. What I do have a problem with is Ryan requesting the funds out of one side of his mouth while demonizing it out of the other side of his mouth. Much like Jindal and his giant checks, Ryan wants to have it both ways. And up until now, he's gotten away with it. Unfortunately for him, Biden stuffed it down his throat and made him look like a complete fool and hypocrite.

I was sitting in a bar before a show last night. In the bar there were about twenty people. They were replaying highlights of the debate on CNN. And I swear to god when they showed the part about Ryan asking for funds and Biden laughed in his face, the entire bar busted out laughing. Definitely one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

Of course he did.

That was his job at the time...to get as much FEDERAL pork into his district as possible.

IN terms of behavior when it comes to getting PORK, the difference between the Ds and Rs is practically ZERO.

If Congress has already approved the pork, only a moron wouldn't try to get his fair share. The Democrat meme that doing so is hypocritical is only swallowed by congenital morons and liberals.

It really looks bad for Ryan, although he's not the only anti-stimulus politician who eagerly accepted funds.

That's right, after all of that bluster and indignation, they ran for the stimulus.

Hypocrites. They should have been forced to prove their theories.

That Paul Ryan is a hypocrite and liar is an established and accepted fact.

We've only established that you are a liar and a hypocrite.

I love it. Ryan requests stimulus funds, then bashes the stimulus as wasteful spending, and the right-wing base says, "What's the problem? He was just doing his job. The money was available, so why shouldn't he have asked for it?"

I have absolutely no problem with Ryan requesting stimulus funds. That's what the stimulus was for -- to help states get out of the recession. What I do have a problem with is Ryan requesting the funds out of one side of his mouth while demonizing it out of the other side of his mouth. Much like Jindal and his giant checks, Ryan wants to have it both ways. And up until now, he's gotten away with it. Unfortunately for him, Biden stuffed it down his throat and made him look like a complete fool and hypocrite.

I don't have a problem with that. Only morons believe it's hypocritical to get your share of what Congress approved. If a crook robbed your bank and then threw the money in the air, are you saying that anyone who scrambled for it would be a hypocrite if they said they were against armed robbery? Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. That's how we know you're a scumbag and a moron.

I don't have a problem with that. Only morons believe it's hypocritical to get your share of what Congress approved. If a crook robbed your bank and then threw the money in the air, are you saying that anyone who scrambled for it would be a hypocrite if they said they were against armed robbery? Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. That's how we know you're a scumbag and a moron.

Uh, what? So, according to you, a person who steals money (that is what they'd be doing in your scenario) and then says that theft is bad, is NOT a hypocrite? :confused:

Who's the scumbag and moron?

:lol:

Of course he did.

That was his job at the time...to get as much FEDERAL pork into his district as possible.

IN terms of behavior when it comes to getting PORK, the difference between the Ds and Rs is practically ZERO.

If Congress has already approved the pork, only a moron wouldn't try to get his fair share. The Democrat meme that doing so is hypocritical is only swallowed by congenital morons and liberals.

Nice try. Dems are not saying that requesting stimulus funds was a hypocritical move for Ryan; they're saying that he's hypocritical for requesting those funds while simultaneously demonizing the stimulus.

You just don't, or won't get it, little Brit.

It really looks bad for Ryan, although he's not the only anti-stimulus politician who eagerly accepted funds.

That's right, after all of that bluster and indignation, they ran for the stimulus.

Hypocrites. They should have been forced to prove their theories.

Hypocritical? Since we're all paying for the stimulus, seems practical and intelligent to benefit from it. Unless, of course, you're a partisan twit who can't use logic and reason.
Asking for his states percentage of stimulus would be one thing.

Stating that "it will create growth and jobs" exposes Ryan for what he is - a liar who now wants to claim that the stimulus was a failure.

Uh, what? So, according to you, a person who steals money (that is what they'd be doing in your scenario) and then says that theft is bad, is NOT a hypocrite? :confused:

Who's the scumbag and moron?

:lol:

That isn't what I said. Obviously, you're too stupid even to follow a simple argument. I said if the thief throws the money in the air and you are one of the people scrambling to get the money falling to the ground. The thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money. Get it? No, of course you don't. At least you won't admit it.

Democrats stole the money. They approved the porkulus.

Last edited:
Did he get it? I'd be asking for free bennies from the government any time they wanted to give them away and then I would criticize them for being stupid. It's common sense.

Forum List

Back