Paul Krugman weighs in on the Apple tax debate

Apple nets $50B/yr. +/-
....and?

Really! Apple netted over $200B in the time they pulled the Ireland game, and they're ONLY getting popped for lunch money.

The biggest rip-off that Apple plays on the American taxpayer is buying foreign goods, importing the goods using taxpayer services, then deducting the cost of which they paid NO taxes.

...and?

How is it a "rip off" when they deliver their products?

The rip off is paying that money to a government that can't account for $6.5B at State

I'll go slow for you. Buy foreign goods.......import the goods using taxpayer services......then deduct the cost of which they paid NO taxes.

WTF is a "Taxpayer Service"?

Taxpayer funded services.

I guess I didn't go slow enough.

000cc622-531.jpg

'No special deal between Ireland and Apple' - Tim Cook

Tim Cook, Apple CEO, speaks to our Southern Editor Paschal Sheehy about the EU commission ruling on its tax affairs

Morning Ireland Thursday 1 September 2016 - Morning Ireland - RTÉ Radio 1

Really! Apple netted over $200B in the time they pulled the Ireland game, and they're ONLY getting popped for lunch money.

The biggest rip-off that Apple plays on the American taxpayer is buying foreign goods, importing the goods using taxpayer services, then deducting the cost of which they paid NO taxes.

...and?

How is it a "rip off" when they deliver their products?

The rip off is paying that money to a government that can't account for $6.5B at State

I'll go slow for you. Buy foreign goods.......import the goods using taxpayer services......then deduct the cost of which they paid NO taxes.

WTF is a "Taxpayer Service"?

Taxpayer funded services.

I guess I didn't go slow enough.

No, it's just that you're not making a lick of sense. What are "taxpayer funded services" as they related to iproducts

Krugman may well be the only guy dumber than Obama

If he is so stupid how does he have such a damn good foresight?

After all, he was one of very few economists that predicted Real Estate collapse - that's pretty damn smart no?

He also was found to have the best prognastication record out of 40 something pundits:
Pundits predict no more accurately than a coin toss

Oh and by the way he also did something really stupid along the way and picked up a Nobel fucking Prize in Economics - stupid stupid stupid.

Say Crusader, since you consider yourself so much smarter than dumbass POTUS Obama and distingished economist like Krugman, wtf have you accomplished with that super impressive intellectual powerhouse that is your mind?

Last edited:
It's true I'm not a wrong in the trillions column progressive economist like Krugman.

Never forget, Krugman is the guy the BOJ is listening too. That's very important later.

Krugman is the guy who said our economy should be based upon fighting an imaginary war against space invaders.

It's true I'm not a wrong in the trillions column progressive economist like Krugman.

Never forget, Krugman is the guy the BOJ is listening too. That's very important later.

Krugman is the guy who said our economy should be based upon fighting an imaginary war against space invaders.

I think you are confusing being smart with always being right and agreed with.

Krugman said the internet would be no more important than the fax machine!!!!

I don't care what that little statist twerp thinks. I did not read the article, but would guess he is fully behind the EU and their effort to tax the shit out of Apple. Am I wrong?

Krugman always wants the state to steal more money from the private sector that generates it even when his country is based on the principle that the state has been the source of evil throughout human history.

Psst...Krugman is first and foremost an economist and that quote is from have-fun time article written from perspective of 2098!

That's seriously your proof that the man is stupid?

You fellas need to learn something very basic - just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are stupid.

Psst...Krugman is first and foremost an economist and that quote is from have-fun time article written from perspective of 2098!

You fellas need to learn something very basic - just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are stupid.
Anyone who thinks big controlling government is a good thing, is stupid. How much evidence do you need before you realize that a government out of control, is a government likely to cause terrible suffering and chaos. All of civilized history clearly indicates this.

Anyone who thinks big controlling government is a good thing, is stupid. How much evidence do you need before you realize that a government out of control, is a government likely to cause terrible suffering and chaos. All of civilized history clearly indicates this.

Anyone who thinks that size defines good governing is a rightwing tool.

Guess what, no one has any clue what you are saying when you say "big" government, it's a relative term.

Guess what, no one has any clue what you are saying when you say "big" government, it's a relative term.
True enough...big is not the defining characteristic. Of course, leftists love big government. They also love uncontrolled government. That I suppose is the key characteristic...they go hand in hand. A government that is unlimited and uncontrolled is a great danger, but leftists and statists have not yet figured that out.

True enough...big is not the defining characteristic. Of course, leftists love big government. They also love uncontrolled government. That I suppose is the key characteristic...they go hand in hand. A government that is unlimited and uncontrolled is a great danger, but leftists and statists have not yet figured that out.

Nonsense, left certainly doesn't believe that. That's like saying the right supports chaos or theocracy.

Nonsense, left certainly doesn't believe that. That's like saying the right supports chaos or theocracy.
See now that's the thing that I just don't get. When a leftist doesn't even know that the main tenant of leftism is big unlimited government, I have to wonder about their ability to think.

Last edited:

I know exactly what he means.

The bigger the government, the smaller the individual, and the smaller individual freedom.

Folks like you need big government to let you know what to think; many of us don't.

Forum List

Back