Patriots Super Bowl ring

The Patriots best Super Bowl win was against the Seahawks by only 4 points and were only saved by miracle last second interception at the one yard line.

The other 3 wins were by 3 points or less. In none of the Patriots Super Bowl victories were they clearly the better team.

I thought the first half and the fourth quarter the Pats were the better team. The third quarter was the Hawks quarter.

The Patriots best Super Bowl win was against the Seahawks by only 4 points and were only saved by miracle last second interception at the one yard line.

The other 3 wins were by 3 points or less. In none of the Patriots Super Bowl victories were they clearly the better team.

Sure they were the better team. That's why they won.

"Clearly" the better team as in the Seahawks crushing the Broncos 43-8. The Patriots won last February against a Seahawk team decimated with injuries. On that day any of the top teams in the NFL would probably have won.

"Clearly" the better team as in the Seahawks crushing the Broncos 43-8. The Patriots won last February against a Seahawk team decimated with injuries. On that day any of the top teams in the NFL would probably have won.

*sigh* ALL the teams have injured players by the time the end of the year rolls around, Huggy.

*sigh* ALL the teams have injured players by the time the end of the year rolls around, Huggy.

Stop being an idiot. The Seahawk defensive backfield had 8 players. 5 of those players, all the best all pro 1st stringers had serious to game ending injuries.

The Pats were playing against cripples and scrubs. AND as badly as they were banged up they nearly won. The back up Theron Simon almost single handedly gave Brady his so-called heroic come back in the second half. Seriously, you barely won against cripples and third stringers. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! What an accomplishment !!!!

Stop being an idiot. The Seahawk defensive backfield had 8 players. 5 of those players, all the best all pro 1st stringers had serious to game ending injuries.

The Pats were playing against cripples and scrubs. AND as badly as they were banged up they nearly won. The back up Theron Simon almost single handedly gave Brady his so-called heroic come back in the second half. Seriously, you barely won against cripples and third stringers. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! What an accomplishment !!!!

I'm not being an idiot. You are, especially considering the fact that you're STILL crying. :blahblah:

I'm not being an idiot. You are, especially considering the fact that you're STILL crying. :blahblah:

I'm not crying. You are in denial. You can't admit that the Patriots were lucky the Seahawks had so many injuries or they, the Patriots, would have lost just like the Broncos. If both teams were equally healthy the Hawks would have blown them out. I know it...You know it.. still you refuse to say it. The Patriots are not even close to the Seahawks in talent. Any good team should win against any team's back ups. The Pats BARELY won on a fluke play against some backups!! Woooo Hooooo!!!

Seattle's lack of depth of talent is now an excuse?

I'm not crying. You are in denial. You can't admit that the Patriots were lucky the Seahawks had so many injuries or they, the Patriots, would have lost just like the Broncos. If both teams were equally healthy the Hawks would have blown them out. I know it...You know it.. still you refuse to say it. The Patriots are not even close to the Seahawks in talent. Any good team should win against any team's back ups. The Pats BARELY won on a fluke play against some backups!! Woooo Hooooo!!!

Sorry, Huggy bear, but it's you who is in denial. :p Pats won the Super Bowl.

I'm curious, Huggy...was it an injury to the Seattle offense that caused the Butler interception? Back-up quarterback in there instead of Wilson? Beastmode injured and not available? Their top receivers out? That game came down to one play and a Patriots BACK-UP...an undrafted free agent from a college nobody's ever heard of out performed the completely intact Seattle Seahawks offense, out performed their STARS...jumped the route and made the play.

Blaming the loss on injuries is the kind of thing that losers do. Finding a way to win...even without your best players...is what winners do!

No.. That's not what I said and unless your little snit fit with 9/11 has made you more stupid than usual...I have made it clear that Seattle was hit exceptionally hard just before the Super Bowl with a number of serious injuries. No team can maintain an all pro stable of backups and remain within the cap. Even you must realize that the third stringers are less capable than all of the first teams and nearly all of the second stringers of all the players in their position in the entire NFL or they would be playing at a higher position on some other team.

Never mind you are just being an argumentative a-hole. Think what you want.

No.. That's not what I said and unless your little snit fit with 9/11 has made you more stupid than usual...I have made it clear that Seattle was hit exceptionally hard just before the Super Bowl with a number of serious injuries. No team can maintain an all pro stable of backups and remain within the cap. Even you must realize that the third stringers are less capable than all of the first teams and nearly all of the second stringers of all the players in their position in the entire NFL or they would be playing at a higher position on some other team.

I have never bought the injury excuse, they come and go for everyone. If anyone has any right to complain about injuries it is Arizona. They would have won the whole thing had it not been for losing three QBs, several key defensive players and on Ana on and on.

You are an argumentative a-hole but you being one is okay, right?

I'm curious, Huggy...was it an injury to the Seattle offense that caused the Butler interception? Back-up quarterback in there instead of Wilson? Beastmode injured and not available? Their top receivers out? That game came down to one play and a Patriots BACK-UP...an undrafted free agent from a college nobody's ever heard of out performed the completely intact Seattle Seahawks offense, out performed their STARS...jumped the route and made the play.

Blaming the loss on injuries is the kind of thing that losers do. Finding a way to win...even without your best players...is what winners do!

It was just a play with a horrible outcome for the Seahawks at a critical moment at the end of the game. Shit happens. Clearly Browner and Butler knew that play was coming. Obviously Bevell had the wrong personnel to execute that play against a team ready for it. The Hawks have MUCH better people to run that play against a strong db like Browner. The "rub" was a non existant joke. As Bevell was so famous for noting publicly in truth he was correct, Lockette not only made no strong effort to catch the ball, he got his weak ass knocked completely out of the play and in no position to even knock the ball safely to the ground.

As I explained and provided video evidence, Butler knocked Lockette down before the ball arrived. That is clearly pass interference. It is the reason for a pass interference rule. You are not supposed to be able to knock a receiver down before the ball arrives. The refs blew the call and allowed butler's interception to stand. That was the game and that is that.

I have never bought the injury excuse, they come and go for everyone. If anyone has any right to complain about injuries it is Arizona. They would have won the whole thing had it not been for losing three QBs, several key defensive players and on Ana on and on.

Only a moron would not recognize that who is actually on the field matters. Therod Simon was wearing a Seahawk Jersey but he doesn't play Seahawk football. If you think Brady was a hero making Simon look the inept DB that he is then good for you. You win the ignorant football fan award. Congratulations.

Anyway I'm done arguing THAT point with you. The Hawks lost the game. I'm moving on with the strongest team in the NFL. You can just go on bitterly arguing stupid points and have your Raiders hurt your feelings for another season.

It was just a play with a horrible outcome for the Seahawks at a critical moment at the end of the game. Shit happens. Clearly Browner and Butler knew that play was coming. Obviously Bevell had the wrong personnel to execute that play against a team ready for it. The Hawks have MUCH better people to run that play against a strong db like Browner. The "rub" was a non existant joke. As Bevell was so famous for noting publicly in truth he was correct, Lockette not only made no strong effort to catch the ball, he got his weak ass knocked completely out of the play and in no position to even knock the ball safely to the ground.

As I explained and provided video evidence, Butler knocked Lockette down before the ball arrived. That is clearly pass interference. It is the reason for a pass interference rule. You are not supposed to be able to knock a receiver down before the ball arrives. The refs blew the call and allowed butler's interception to stand. That was the game and that is that.

The throw was inside five yards, Butler was playing the ball, not his man. Clean play. No pass interference and only Seahawk fans debate whether it was or not.

Only a moron would not recognize that who is actually on the field matters. Therod Simon was wearing a Seahawk Jersey but he doesn't play Seahawk football. If you think Brady was a hero making Simon look the inept DB that he is then good for you. You win the ignorant football fan award. Congratulations.

Anyway I'm done arguing THAT point with you. The Hawks lost the game. I'm moving on with the strongest team in the NFL. You can just go on bitterly arguing stupid points and have your Raiders hurt your feelings for another season.

I never said who is on the field doesn't matter, moron. I said it isn't an excuse. Your first paragraph is nonsense.

I have no hurt feelings over the game, why would I? Tough to be bitter. The team I wanted to win, won. You are the one making all the excuses in the world why your team lost. They were beaten by the better team that day. Three quarters the Pats outplayed the Hawks.

Yes, Browner and Butler recognized the alignment the Seahawks were in, with stacked receivers, and anticipated them trying to run a "rub" route. That's the result of good coaching because the Patriots defense had practiced against that formation and both Butler (a rookie) and Browner (a veteran) were on the same page and reacted correctly. Butler beat Lockette to the spot and the ball. The officials got the call right.

Do I think that Brady was a "hero" for picking on Simon? I think he was doing his job...exploiting what he felt was the weakest point of the Seattle defense.

Do you think that Russell Wilson was "cowardly" for targeting Butler's man down the stretch instead of going at Browner or Revis? THAT is what would win you an "ignorant football fan award", Huggy!

Do I think that Brady was a "hero" for picking on Simon? I think he was doing his job...exploiting what he felt was the weakest point of the Seattle defense.

Do you think that Russell Wilson was "cowardly" for targeting Butler's man down the stretch instead of going at Browner or Revis? THAT is what would win you an "ignorant football fan award", Huggy!
Brady should have started his 4 week suspension on the day of the Super Bowl. Letting Brady QB the Pats after it was widely known that he had been cheating makes the NFL look like a joke. The Patriots should be booed every time they enter a stadium for this. Twice they got caught cheating. TWICE in recent memory.

Brady should have started his 4 week suspension on the day of the Super Bowl. Letting Brady QB the Pats after it was widely known that he had been cheating makes the NFL look like a joke. The Patriots should be booed every time they enter a stadium for this. Twice they got caught cheating. TWICE in recent memory.

The NFL allowed quarterbacks to play with balls that the quarterbacks themselves provided starting years ago...and there is ZERO proof that the Patriots did anything other than submit balls that were at the low end of the allowable range of inflation...balls that subsequently became more deflated because of weather conditions. There was only one ball of the dozen game balls to be used by the Patriots and Brady that was significantly under inflated and that was the ball that had been intercepted by a Colts player and was in THEIR possession. I'd like to point out how strange it is that a perfectionist like Tom Brady would have game balls he was going to have to use in a playoff game be varying degrees of inflation. Why wouldn't ALL the balls be the same pressure? Why would one be substantially under inflated and the others not? Why would the only ball that was substantially under inflated be the ball that the Patriots opponents had in their possession?

Forum List

Back