Super Bowl 58 winner?

I want Mahomes to catch Brady. If he wins another one this year he’s way ahead of Brady. But Brady did it for 20 years.

I don’t want Lamer or Purdy to get one. If Goff can’t have one I don’t want anyone else getting their first.

I think 49rs are destined. That team in the second half was good.
What they were was lucky.

Lucky that the Detroit DB's couldnt catch INTs
Lucky that the Detroit WR's couldnt catch passes
Lucky that the ball went through the hands of a Detroit defender, bounded off his helmet and into the hands of the 49rs WR on the 5 yd line
And most of all lucky that Dan Campbell is an idiot who went for it on 4th down twice in FG range.

Something I overlooked when I was so certain the ravens would win this game is you obviously can never count out Patrick mahomes plus Andy Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time.easily the best recent coach in the NFL sense the great don shula.enough of this nonsense of thst one overrated hack who got fired and can’t get a job with anyone else as the greatest coach ever nonsense,he isn’t,
Give it a rest already for the people thst say that.

Lucky that the ball went through the hands of a Detroit defender, bounded off his helmet and into the hands of the 49rs WR on the 5 yd line
And most of all lucky that Dan Campbell is an idiot who went for it on 4th down twice in FG range.

Campbell had been doing that stuff all year. He shouldn't have in this game, but it was consistent.

1706537249668.png

I don't think they will. But Dan Campbell and the Lions deserve their props for as far as they went.

Best overall season in Lions history IMHO.
They deserve props sure but what a shitty way for it to end. Do you realize the Lion's went to the locker room at half booking their tickets for the Superbowl? I even started to think that the team was running on all cylinders at just the right time. We were going to roll over SF and beat Mahomes because they are having an off year.

After U of M I thought anything was possible. I felt this before the game started. So to be up 17 at the half. And then Campbell didn't kick that first field goal and my dad called me and I yelled at him to stop because he was jinksing the team. Then we were up 10, 7, tied, losing by 7, losing by 10. Nice try at the end but too little too late. You got out coached. SF made adjustments and this is almost as bad as when Atlanta let Brady come back and beat them in the Supebowl. LOL.

Campbell had been doing that stuff all year. He shouldn't have in this game, but it was consistent.
You are right. Not in this game. Not when you are up 17. Don't go for it. Kick the 3 points and go up 20.

He did it twice and it failed. That's 6 points we really could have used. It would have stopped momentum.

Whatever. I want him back next year as head coach. And I expect he will take chances next year too only next year they'll pay off. But I don't know how we can get any better than we were this year. Will Hutchenson and Anzalone and St Brown and Gibbs and

I'm sick

Had they only been up 7 or kicking the FG would only put them up 16 (2 scores) then maybe you could make that call make sense. But Detroit had SF all but knocked out. He gave them life twice. Even the decision to go for the TD 4th and goal at the end (though they made t) was the wrong decision.

Had they only been up 7 or kicking the FG would only put them up 16 (2 scores) then maybe you could make that call make sense. But Detroit had SF all but knocked out. He gave them life twice. Even the decision to go for the TD 4th and goal at the end (though they made t) was the wrong decision.
He blew it. But hey, it was his first AFC or NFC championship game. I'll cut him some slack after today. Future looks bright. But I'm furious too. GD it.

In 1965 the old NFL had something called the runner up bowl. I would actually like a Ravens/Lions game.
Fuck that! For what? 3rd place? Nah ah. Rest up boys.

The Lions 2024 opponents include eight games against teams like Rams, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas and Green Bay (2).

Dates and times for the games will be confirmed in the spring when the NFL releases its full 2024 schedule.

I want Mahomes to catch Brady. If he wins another one this year he’s way ahead of Brady. But Brady did it for 20 years.

I don’t want Lamer or Purdy to get one. If Goff can’t have one I don’t want anyone else getting their first.

I think 49rs are destined. That team in the second half was good.
The 49ers are favored now.

Detroit looks like they are having a meltdown going into choke mode.

Lions went through the 49ers like crap through a goose in the first half then fell apart with terrible play calls, decisions and bad playing. Now we know why they are still the only original team never to make it to the big game.

Oh well, maybe in another 6o years.

True, but the miracle was the 49ers won. I truly was not expecting this after Detroit rolled to large lead. But the 9ers put the Lions down.

Still, as good as the 49ers looked at the finish, they were totally OWNED by Detroit in the first half. That tells me that if KC plays anything like they did against the Ravens, Mahomes is going to walk into a third SB win on 2/11 eating cake.

I don't think they will. But Dan Campbell and the Lions deserve their props for as far as they went.

Yes but a large part of getting the Lions as far as they got was their repeatedly going for and getting forth down conversions in a desperate bid to save failed drives. Not the best way to play a game. They went to the well two times too many.

Still, as good as the 49ers looked at the finish, they were totally OWNED by Detroit in the first half. That tells me that if KC plays anything like they did against the Ravens, Mahomes is going to walk into a third SB win on 2/11 eating cake.
I do not believe I personally am good at picking winners. I also think those who think they are are also mistaken.
It is totally True that the 49ers sucked all during the 1st half. But look at Detroit for the 2nd half. They also sucked very bad. It was almost the final minute that they finally scored. The 49ers had them totally under control. I look at the entire record of the Chiefs. Mahomes is not undefeated by the 49ers. And even when they won the super bowl, the 49ers had them defeated for almost the entire game.

Fuck that! For what? 3rd place?

It would have to be a meaningful game with its own awards, money and prizes. People would pay to see the next best teams who both came within an inch of the Superbowl to battle it out to see whether their losses were a fluke or if they genuinely deserve to lose!

They could schedule that game for next weekend and that would end the long two week gap waiting for the SB and would be far far better than the stupid "pro bowl." What a great teaser waiting for the Super Bowl to see the Ravens and Lions get a "second shot" to truly test their abilities.

Forum List

Back