Parkland survivor: Trump phone call didn't console me

The man has no empathy. He needs crib notes to appear empathetic. "I hear you." So he makes a call, and it went about as well as would be expected after what he did to widow Johnson back in the day.

(CNN)A survivor of last week's massacre at a high school in Parkland, Florida, said President Donald Trump failed to bring her any real comfort during a phone call he made while she was hospitalized.

"I can't say I was consoled or helped," Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior Samantha Fuentes said Friday evening on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront."

The President, rather, talked about the shooter being a "sick puppy" and used the phrase "oh, boy" about eight times, said Fuentes, who was wounded in both legs.

He has all the best words.

Parkland survivor: Trump phone call didn't console me - CNN
So what would you want him to say? Yeah I have a friend who was shot. That's a bummer. Take care?
Hell, his taking credit for the shooting may well have been a fine set of words to utter. He takes credit for myriad things, damn near everything going on in the U.S., much of which he has no role in making happen or not happen, yet he didn't take credit for his policies' and his presence as POTUS' role in catalyzing the MSD shooter.

Sh*t, if the person is a liberal, his doing so may actually have made her feel better, which, at the end of the day, presumably was among the key points of his reaching out to the girl. Indeed, it wouldn't really have mattered in that moment whether he was telling truth in saying such a thing for he's said all sorts of things that clearly are not true. The man's so friggin' committed to lying that the least he could do is tell a "white lie" to make a child in some small way feel better.

The thing is that Miss Fuentes says she's a fan of Trump's. That he called am injured child who remains hospitalized and who is a fan of his and couldn't muster anything that made her feel consoled is just flat-out pathetic. I mean, really. Speaking to a fan and the best can say is "I didn't feel consoled." God-al-f*cking-mighty! How obdurate must Trump be for that to be the best one of his fans could muster to describe her feelings after her interaction with him?

Anyway....

I don't think anyone can identify specific combinations of words that one, much less a POTUS, should say to sufferers of such tribulations. All one can say that if one is going to speak with such folks, one must to those individuals seem empathetic, or at least sympathetic, because no matter how "blessed" any of us be, by the time we are 40-something or older, most of us have lost someone about whom we cared deeply. If one does to them so seem, one will have been successful in some small way, maybe a big way depending on how one handles it, consoling, comforting.

We know for sure that at 70+, Trump lost his parents and a sibling. We don't know the depth of his love for them, but one'd think it'd have been enough for him to relate empathetically to folks like the MSD victims and survivors enough that they'd have something, anything, nice to say about his remarks to them in the hours of their disconsolateness.

I doubt that anyone thinks themselves a great consoler. How can one? One cannot undo what's been done and sufferers feel what they feel. The best one can do is aid in advancing them toward thoughts of more hopeful and bountiful days ahead. That won't make them feel better about their current situation or prior events, but it may slightly help them feel better -- feel stronger,find a smidgen of optimism about the future, feel a bit closer to recovery -- about something. Alternatively, one might engage with them in reveling in the memory of of their life before the calamitous event(s); that may help them find the strength to sally forth just a bit more effectively.

Whatever one says or does, focusing one's remarks on the malefactor who caused the person's distress likely isn't going to console them. They don't give a damn about that person; they are thinking of how their life has by that person been irrevocably and deleteriously altered without their consent.

It's the President's job to successfully console everyone who has been a victim of violent crime?

There's not enough money in the world to pay someone to do that.

If he's not up for the job, then he shouldn't pick up the phone. He's useless.

Then by your standards, from that statement, every person on this forum is useless as well and not up for the job either. Those complaining don't do anything but what ........ complain, whine, and bitch about every little thing they can dig and search for that our PRESIDENT is in the media for. What he did, by making that phone call, was far MORE than any of you on this forum did for any of those victims. How many of you bothered to make a phone call or send a card? How many of you have taken any steps over what happened, other than to sit in front of your computer and complain? My guess: NONE! SO yeah .... the PRESIDENT's effort was far MORE than anything you have personally done.

The man has no empathy. He needs crib notes to appear empathetic. "I hear you." So he makes a call, and it went about as well as would be expected after what he did to widow Johnson back in the day.

(CNN)A survivor of last week's massacre at a high school in Parkland, Florida, said President Donald Trump failed to bring her any real comfort during a phone call he made while she was hospitalized.

"I can't say I was consoled or helped," Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior Samantha Fuentes said Friday evening on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront."

The President, rather, talked about the shooter being a "sick puppy" and used the phrase "oh, boy" about eight times, said Fuentes, who was wounded in both legs.

Trump doesn’t do empathy

Ask the woman whose husband was killed in Niger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...abb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.160ae75644f8

According to two people who overheard the call, Trump told Johnson that her husband “knew what he was signing up for” although his death must still be painful. One witness who confirms these were Trump’s words is the woman who raised Johnson as a son, Cowanda Jones-Johnson.

Nice deflection from what this thread is about. Get back on topic.

We know Trump has no empathy. We saw that time and time again, esp when he brought up McCain during Cpac. Many things he has said I find repulsive. There are no words that can console someone in that condition, I guess I should give him some credit for trying.
Lol, I thought Obama was repulsive, but of course you polished his knob 24/7. Obama hated America, Trump loves America. Shows who you really are.

There isn't a single thing be could do that you wouldn't bitch or whine about.

Not one thing.
Quite simply, were Trump not so "over the top" in asserting the nature and extent to which he and everything about him -- his words, his deeds, his ideas -- is vastly more "all that and a bag of chips" than anything that preceded or that will follow him, he'd suffer less ridicule than he does. Unfortunately, the reality of Trump and everything about him is that little if any of it is comparatively more "all that and a bag of chips" than all who've and that's preceded him, and it stands to reason therefore the same is so fo all who'll and that'll follow him.

One thing at which Trump has duly earned superlative status is that of, by a margin of about ten points, having the lowest first term approval rating of any POTUS since such a thing has been measured. That is a superlative status Trump earned all by himself and nobody wants to take it away from him; however, he's not at all vocal about his having earned that superlative. Were he to come out and say something like "We had a crappy first term, but I'm committed to reversing that trend and delivering far more favorable results in my remaining years," were he to "own his sh*t" as well as his achievements," and then actually deliver to the satisfaction of some material share of his critics, he'd attract far less ridicule for being nonetheless a reprobate human being.
Trump approval rating tops Obama’s at same point in presidency
From your linked article:
President Trump’s approval rating in one of the major daily tracking polls
That has no bearing on the verity of the remark I made. Let me remind you of what I wrote:
One thing at which Trump has duly earned superlative status is that of, by a margin of about ten points, having the lowest first term approval rating of any POTUS since such a thing has been measured.
What is the point of measurement for a POTUS' first term? Once might choose either of two:
Consequently, at neither relevant point of measurement has Trump's approval rating surpassed that of Obama, about whom I made no remark, or that of any other POTUS about whom such polling data are available.
Trumps approval rating better than Obamas with the media kissing Obama's ass 24/7. While the attack Trump 24/7. We see who the better president is.

Not one thing.
Quite simply, were Trump not so "over the top" in asserting the nature and extent to which he and everything about him -- his words, his deeds, his ideas -- is vastly more "all that and a bag of chips" than anything that preceded or that will follow him, he'd suffer less ridicule than he does. Unfortunately, the reality of Trump and everything about him is that little if any of it is comparatively more "all that and a bag of chips" than all who've and that's preceded him, and it stands to reason therefore the same is so fo all who'll and that'll follow him.

One thing at which Trump has duly earned superlative status is that of, by a margin of about ten points, having the lowest first term approval rating of any POTUS since such a thing has been measured. That is a superlative status Trump earned all by himself and nobody wants to take it away from him; however, he's not at all vocal about his having earned that superlative. Were he to come out and say something like "We had a crappy first term, but I'm committed to reversing that trend and delivering far more favorable results in my remaining years," were he to "own his sh*t" as well as his achievements," and then actually deliver to the satisfaction of some material share of his critics, he'd attract far less ridicule for being nonetheless a reprobate human being.
That has no bearing on the verity of the remark I made. Let me remind you of what I wrote:
One thing at which Trump has duly earned superlative status is that of, by a margin of about ten points, having the lowest first term approval rating of any POTUS since such a thing has been measured.
What is the point of measurement for a POTUS' first term? Once might choose either of two:
Consequently, at neither relevant point of measurement has Trump's approval rating surpassed that of Obama, about whom I made no remark, or that of any other POTUS about whom such polling data are available.
Trumps approval rating better than Obamas with the media kissing Obama's ass 24/7. While the attack Trump 24/7. We see who the better president is.
Yes....right leaning Rasmussen that rated Obama 5 percent lower than other polls and rates Trump 5percent higher than other polls

Have you seen the polls released today?

Trump down to 35 percent

Oh but look how funny these low life's think their class mates being shot is ........Why they're having a grand ole time getting paid to promote gun grabbing of lawful citizens.

upload_2018-2-25_8-37-48.png

upload_2018-2-25_8-38-50.png

VIDEO

joseph price on Twitter

and you can bet that shaved head little bitch was the bully in school too........

Trump's phone call didn't console the snowflake " HOW ABOUT HE's NOT YOUR DADDY" . , he's not the world police for the emotionally weak.

Trump doesn’t do empathy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...abb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.160ae75644f8

According to two people who overheard the call, Trump told Johnson that her husband “knew what he was signing up for” although his death must still be painful. One witness who confirms these were Trump’s words is the woman who raised Johnson as a son, Cowanda Jones-Johnson.

Off-topic:
:clap:

Now if only such strict topical disciple be enforced universally. Lord knows I've yearned for such rigor on myriad occasions.​

In other news, water is wet.

Kind of hard to show empathy when you're a psychopathic narcissist.

Oh but look how funny these low life's think their class mates being shot is ........Why they're having a grand ole time getting paid to promote gun grabbing of lawful citizens.

View attachment 178895

View attachment 178896

VIDEO

joseph price on Twitter

and you can bet that shaved head little bitch was the bully in school too........

Trump's phone call didn't console the snowflake " HOW ABOUT HE's NOT YOUR DADDY" . , he's not the world police for the emotionally weak.

Are they not supposed to smile ever? Also people grieve different ways.

Not one thing.

Yes....right leaning Rasmussen that rated Obama 5 percent lower than other polls and rates Trump 5percent higher than other polls

Trump down to 35 percent
You think Obama would've survived if the media attacked him like they do Trump?

View attachment 178895

View attachment 178896

VIDEO

joseph price on Twitter

Are they not supposed to smile ever? Also people grieve different ways.

but they're in such shock and trauma, this is days after. Come on you can't be that dunce. Kids don't laugh and act like this when they just came out of a traumatizing situations only days later . Get real. Reality is they would be still in shock esp. those who Witnessed it all.

You don't see PRO gun kids interviewed now do we , msm is keeping them under the wire on purpose.

I got a consolation call from the POTUS but he didn't console me enough wah.

Last edited:

Not one thing.

Right? Because I've been here forever, and you know me So Well.

Phfft.
He didn't have to call, now did he?
Exactly. My questions for the person that he dialed: Would anything said to you have made you feel any better?

God bless you and our leader and every victim who is still here always!!!

Holly

P.S. If I had been in our leader's position, I would have reminded the person laying in that hospital bed that they are still here when 17 other people are not, but of course how would something like that make the families of them 17 people feel? All around the whole picture is just a lousy situation and so is there really a perfect way to clean up whatever mess is made? Mostly likely, no, and so all that we can do is the best with whatever it is that we have to work with.

Trump down to 35 percent
The rightwing media attacked him 24/7

Obama handled it much more successfully than Trump

Trump also invites his own attacks

Trump down to 35 percent
The rightwing media attacked him 24/7

Obama handled it much more successfully than Trump

Trump also invites his own attacks
Oh my, the main stream media kissed his ass 24/7. And he didn't handle it well, he whined about it on t.v..

Trump doesn’t do empathy

The thread is about his lack of empathy in phone calls to survivors. In the original post I brought up the widow Johnson. So how can this be worthy of being called out for being off topic? I am asking in all honesty and sincerity.

View attachment 178895

View attachment 178896

VIDEO

joseph price on Twitter

Hey, guess what? My sixteen year-old nephew committed suicide one week before Christmas, 2016. I still went to my daughter's in-laws for Christmas. I still laughed and smiled — because I have three grandchildren under ten, and I love spending time with them.

Do you think soldiers never laugh and smile in a combat zone?

Do you believe Palestinians and Israelis have never smiled, what with living in a war zone and all?

Oh, and before you accuse me of lying about my nephew, check out my wall here.

Forum List

Back