Parkland Dad Responds to Louis C.K. with HILARIOUS Stand Up Bit...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Parkland Dad Responds To Louis C.K.'s Murdered Kid Jokes With Chilling Standup | HuffPost

A Florida man whose son was killed in last year’s Parkland school shooting is now taking aim at comedian Louis C.K.

Manuel Oliver’s son Joaquin was one of 17 people killed in the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Now he has released a video in which he makes the point that jokes about shootings or gun control just aren’t funny.

The video shows Oliver on a mock stage at a comedy club to the sounds of canned applause. Then things get dark, painful and uncomfortable ― and that’s the point.

“You ever hear dead baby jokes?” Oliver begins. “I got a dead baby. His name was Joaquin Oliver. He was going to be 18, but now he’s dead. And that’s not a joke.”

The video ends with footage of Joaquin sitting behind drums and telling this joke: “Why didn’t the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn’t have the guts!” he said, adding his own rimshot.

The video is in response to C.K., who made jokes about the Parkland survivors during a set at a Long Island comedy club in December. The comedian has been making limited appearances after admitting to multiple acts of sexual misconduct, including masturbating in front of women comics and writers.

“They testify in front of Congress, these kids, like what the fuck, what are you doing? You’re young, you should be crazy, you should be unhinged, not in a suit saying, “I’m here to tell...” Fuck you. You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? How does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot, you pushed some fat kid in the way and now I need to listen to you talking?”

C.K. continued the Parkland survivor jokes last month when he told an audience in San Jose, California, “If you ever need people to forget that you jerked off, what you do is you make a joke about kids that got shot,” according to the Denver Post.

“You ever hear dead baby jokes?”

Oooo, this is gonna be good.

“I got a dead baby. His name was Joaquin Oliver. He was going to be 18, but now he’s dead. And that’s not a joke.”

Booo! Tell a good dead baby joke, you fucking hack.

Parkland Dad Responds To Louis C.K.'s Murdered Kid Jokes With Chilling Standup | HuffPost

A Florida man whose son was killed in last year’s Parkland school shooting is now taking aim at comedian Louis C.K.

Manuel Oliver’s son Joaquin was one of 17 people killed in the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Now he has released a video in which he makes the point that jokes about shootings or gun control just aren’t funny.

The video shows Oliver on a mock stage at a comedy club to the sounds of canned applause. Then things get dark, painful and uncomfortable ― and that’s the point.

“You ever hear dead baby jokes?” Oliver begins. “I got a dead baby. His name was Joaquin Oliver. He was going to be 18, but now he’s dead. And that’s not a joke.”

The video ends with footage of Joaquin sitting behind drums and telling this joke: “Why didn’t the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn’t have the guts!” he said, adding his own rimshot.

The video is in response to C.K., who made jokes about the Parkland survivors during a set at a Long Island comedy club in December. The comedian has been making limited appearances after admitting to multiple acts of sexual misconduct, including masturbating in front of women comics and writers.

“They testify in front of Congress, these kids, like what the fuck, what are you doing? You’re young, you should be crazy, you should be unhinged, not in a suit saying, “I’m here to tell...” Fuck you. You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? How does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot, you pushed some fat kid in the way and now I need to listen to you talking?”

C.K. continued the Parkland survivor jokes last month when he told an audience in San Jose, California, “If you ever need people to forget that you jerked off, what you do is you make a joke about kids that got shot,” according to the Denver Post.

“I got a dead baby. His name was Joaquin Oliver. He was going to be 18, but now he’s dead. And that’s not a joke.”

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?

Nope. This guy is a douche nozzle.

I've heard plenty of funny dead baby jokes, but this guy's just a bummer.

Given this past week's events and statements about NY and VA abortion legislation the left should be very careful with dead baby jokes.

It seems the majority were not amused at the latest attempts to snuff innocent lives.

Sarcasm?

Nope. This guy is a douche nozzle.

Alrighty-o. Then I'll just leave this alone.

Now he has released a video in which he makes the point that jokes about shootings or gun control just aren’t funny.

The video shows Oliver on a mock stage at a comedy club to the sounds of canned applause.

Louis C.K. was on a real stage, made jokes about shootings and gun control, and got real applause. I guess some people thought it was funny.

Some people spend good taxpayer money to make their baby dead...

Im not mad at CkS jokes, I prefer shock comedians and its corny to be offended by that shit.

But if I lost, literally had my kid or kids killed, ...im thinkin like....Id probably be behaving in all kinds of strange ways.. b/c my kids are worth more than anyone's twatter jokes on the internet that'll be said about me afterwards

news stories are fodder and can be toggled with by everyone and its fair game & shit but i dont think its bizarre or something when these events happened to this guys real life

When it's your baby, it's not so funny

Good point. Why do people only criticize comedians when it affects them personally? :dunno:
Its prolly hard 2 keep a sense of humor when the person you raised from outta your nutsac dies in real life...

but honestly, humor would be the best medicine for those people

I completely understood his initial reaction when he tweeted criticism of C.K.'s joke. Okay. It affected you personally. You didn't find it funny. Understood. Bringing it up again, a month or so later, comes across as an attention grab. For some reason he's the only Parkland parent beating this dead horse.

Louis C.K. plays to thousands of people at a time. If he makes a rape joke chances are somebody in the crowd has been directly affected by rape. If he makes a racist joke somebody in the crowd has been affected by racism.

Of all the fucked up jokes he's made over the years to God only knows how many millions of people this guy is special. Fuck this guy. I'm tired of him.

When it's your baby, it's not so funny

Good point. Why do people only criticize comedians when it affects them personally? :dunno:
Its prolly hard 2 keep a sense of humor when the person you raised from outta your nutsac dies in real life...

but honestly, humor would be the best medicine for those people

I completely understood his initial reaction when he tweeted criticism of C.K.'s joke. Okay. It affected you personally. You didn't find it funny. Understood. Bringing it up again, a month or so later, comes across as an attention grab. For some reason he's the only Parkland parent beating this dead horse.

Louis C.K. plays to thousands of people at a time. If he makes a rape joke chances are somebody in the crowd has been directly affected by rape. If he makes a racist joke somebody in the crowd has been affected by racism.

Of all the fucked up jokes he's made over the years to God only knows how many millions of people this guy is special. Fuck this guy. I'm tired of him.
Im sure that he cares what other people are tired of and will consider it in the ptsd moments when his head cant stop picturing his sons horror being gunned down over and over and over and over and his thoughts of it wont stop for the rest of his life in every down moment he has and so he acts irrarional so should apologize

I WANT Louis CK to joke about shocking shit

fuck, id promote it!!!

but having lived with some dark shit im not gunna be sneeding my little self about somebodys reaction to the worst thing that i could possible imagine happening to a person

Louis was way funnier.

Now he has released a video in which he makes the point that jokes about shootings or gun control just aren’t funny.

The video shows Oliver on a mock stage at a comedy club to the sounds of canned applause.

Louis C.K. was on a real stage, made jokes about shootings and gun control, and got real applause. I guess some people thought it was funny.
He was crushing with that material.

He says gun control jokes aren't funny, but I bet he wouldn't have a problem with Jim Jefferies, because his jokes are in support of gun control. Yeah, he also makes 9/11 jokes, but those are only 3,000 families that aren't his.

He says gun control jokes aren't funny, but I bet he wouldn't have a problem with Jim Jefferies, because his jokes are in support of gun control. Yeah, he also makes 9/11 jokes, but those are only 3,000 families that aren't his.
I dont care what he does, its nothing I have to listen to or care about.

I can hold these two things in my two hands and see which one weighs more...

Idea 1: A guy bitching about a comedian using his dead kid as an idea for a punchline.

Idea 2. A guy bitching about... the guy who lost his kid ...and is bitching that its somebodys punchline.

& I can feel in my hands which one is heavier, and which ones cornier.

And it seems clear to me which one is like a "yeah i kinda get it, it was his own loss and he struggles with it".....and which one is like a "why am i also bitching about a guy using a comedian for material to bitch about.... who used him for material to fill a set"....which is a more nonsensical circle of bitching to me..

EVERY other human is an unreasonable cuck who complains about shock jokes..

except the guy who it directly effects....its easy to be like yeah, i can see why he cant look past it. pain makes people irrational

Forum List

Back