Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid

When you realize that a very large number of those babies will grow up to be dependent on the government for everything, it almost makes a pretty convincing case for Planned Parenthood.

peepwalla.gif

You dopes are the same guys who say people shouldn't be forced to get health insurance . So young people don't get health insurance . Guess who has babies ??? YOUNG HEALTHY PEOLPLE!

Yes, it's true we put a lot of aid into having healthy babies . Why ? Because it's the right thing to do AND it saves the taxpayer in the long run.

Unless you'd rather have sick babies being born ? Penny wise , pound foolish .

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

Of course, this is the way the world works. And.....?

The right demand that the poor have babies, they want Planned Parenthood taken down because they promote contraception and abortions, and then the right get pissy because the poor ARE HAVING BABIES.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Of course, this is the way the world works. And.....?

The right demand that the poor have babies, they want Planned Parenthood taken down because they promote contraception and abortions, and then the right get pissy because the poor ARE HAVING BABIES.

You couldn't make this shit up.

What do they want exactly? For no prenatal care ? For people to have babies at home? Why don't we turn pregnant mothers away from the hospital. Yes , let her have a baby in the ally that becomes a permanently disabled ward of the state because you didn't want to spend a couple grand on a hospital birth .

Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

And to think prior to the 1960s, Medicaid did not exist, yet lots of babies were born. I would guess LWNJs think all poor babies died before the invention of Medicaid.
lots and lots and lots of babies DIED.

QuickStats: Infant, Neonatal, and Postneonatal Annual Mortality Rates* --- United States, 1940--2005

upload_2017-7-20_20-55-29.gif

* Per 1,000 live births for each group: infant (age <1 year), neonatal (age <28 days), and postneonatal (age 28 days to <1 year).

From 1940 to 2005 (most recent data available), infant, nenonatal, and postneonatal annual mortality rates in the United States declined substantially. The infant mortality rate decreased 85%, from 47 infant deaths per 1,000 live births in 1940 to 6.87 in 2005. During the same period, substantial changes also occurred in the neonatal rate, which decreased 84%, from 28.8 to 4.54 deaths per 1,000 live births, and the postneonatal rate, which decreased 87%, from 18.3 to 2.34 deaths per 1,000 live births.

QuickStats: Infant, Neonatal, and Postneonatal Annual Mortality Rates* --- United States, 1940--2005

Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

They really are mean spirited selfish a -holes.

Imagine being upset over government assistance for safe child birth! CHILD BIRTH!!!!

Keep in mind that the Kaiser report was based on data from 2010-2016. If you look at the list of states, New Mexico was right up there at the top with 72%. And being a border state, Mexican nationals were coming across on a daily basis to have their children, so they can have dual citizenship and qualify for US welfare.

The other states listed also show the sheer number of illegal who were coming into this country during the Obama years.

If you're on Medicaid you don't need to be having babies. Get situated in life then start a family

Or get an abortion ?

Medicaid pays for birth control...nice try

Which you are against I'm sure . Well righties want people to get married and have lots of babies . And righties tell young couples not to get Obamacare plans , even though it covers child birth.

So what's your plan???

Be responsible, you idiot. Birth control is everywhere at no charge, USE IT!!!

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

How is iberalism sustainable when 47% of the population pay no taxes and 50% of babies born are born on Medicaid?

And then to show what a great vision The Left has for America, They want to soak Corporate America with both punitive taxes, open borders, and a $15 an hour minimum wage.

McDonalds will install Kiosks and Farmers will just buy robots, and the Welfare State will expand until it isn't worth anyone's time or effort to have a job.

Forum List

Back