Over 40 People Have Died In Kentucky

Nice try, but try reading some of the subsequent posts.

Why should I read them Chris?

Many are just more of your type of bull shit. Dragging Bush into it, to muddy the issue.

As I said, blowing smoke.

ATLANTA -- Kentucky’s storm emergency needs continue to be a priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which is coordinating and delivering federal resources to the commonwealth.

With widespread power outages affecting communications capabilities in Kentucky, FEMA’s Mobile Emergency Response Support units – called MERS – have moved from Thomasville, Ga. and Frederick, Md. to Kentucky.

MERS assets include portable radio towers, repeaters and radios; multiple portable KU Band satellite systems and satellite telephones to help officials in areas where cellular towers are inoperative.

FEMA also has deployed its Incident Response Vehicle, technicians, and radio/repeater equipment to construct a radio network capable of providing communications.

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.

FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are working together to provide industrial-size generators needed to power critical facilities. Teams are assessing needs and installing these generators each day.

FEMA also is fulfilling the commonwealth’s requests for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. Delivery of a total 80,000 gallons began Saturday at commonwealth staging areas in Greenville and Paducah.

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=51093

Last edited:
ATLANTA -- Kentucky’s storm emergency needs continue to be a priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which is coordinating and delivering federal resources to the commonwealth.

With widespread power outages affecting communications capabilities in Kentucky, FEMA’s Mobile Emergency Response Support units – called MERS – have moved from Thomasville, Ga. and Frederick, Md. to Kentucky.

MERS assets include portable radio towers, repeaters and radios; multiple portable KU Band satellite systems and satellite telephones to help officials in areas where cellular towers are inoperative.

FEMA also has deployed its Incident Response Vehicle, technicians, and radio/repeater equipment to construct a radio network capable of providing communications.

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.

FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are working together to provide industrial-size generators needed to power critical facilities. Teams are assessing needs and installing these generators each day.

FEMA also is fulfilling the commonwealth’s requests for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. Delivery of a total 80,000 gallons began Saturday at commonwealth staging areas in Greenville and Paducah.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky and FEMA Work Together - WOWK-TV - WOWKTV.com

Posting all the FEMA and Government statements about Katrina relief did not stop you rejects from complaining that it took 2 whole days for FEMA to get to New Orleans after every bridge airport and road was washed out or away.

Nor did it effect your rant about how it took 5 days to get help to a site that the city provided no security, no water and no food to for shelter and then did not tell the FEMA people.

That was ALL Bush's fault, so guess what, numb nuts? This is all Obama's fault. Worse yet Bush actually toured the area and apologized for slow service. Meanwhile you guys insist the President is not responsible for THIS natural disaster like Bush was for Katrina. Why? Well cause it was a NATURAL disaster. Wait? Isn't a Hurricane a NATURAL disaster also? One that occurs EVERY year during a set period of time? JUST like ICE STORMS?

While people in Kentucky and neighboring states were dying and shivering, what was President Obama doing? Hosting a dinner party featuring $100 per pound steak:

Political Punch: Drinks Are On the (White) House

Drinks Are On the (White) House
January 28, 2009 5:57 PM

Here's the list of President Obama's invited guests to the White House cocktail party tonight -- essentially the bipartisan bicameral leadership of the House and Senate.

Six House Democrats, six House Republicans, six Senate Democrats, six Senate Republicans. Their spouses are invited as well.

Hors d'œuvres -- chicken curry, wagyu steak -- will be served in addition to drinks.

040816wagyuribsteakhmedby0.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

Obama doesn't care about white people.

You know that is the beauty of a candidate like Obama. He is both a withe man and a black man (white mother, black father), so he seems kind of immune to this kind of talk.

When people say: "Obama doesn't care about white people"

He can say: "Re you saying I don't care about my mother, my grandmother & grandfather who raised me?"

And when people say: "Obama doesn't care about black people"

He can say: "Re you saying I don't care about my father, my wife and my kids?"

Last edited:
Obama doesn't care about white people.

You know that is the beauty of a candidate like Obama. He is both a withe man and a black man (white mother, black father), so he seems kind of immune to this kind of talk.

When people say: "Obama doesn't care about white people"

He can say: "Re you saying I don't care about my mother, my grandmother & grandfather who raised me?"

And when people say: "Obama doesn't care about black people"

He can say: "Re you saying I don't care about my father, my wife and my kids?"

We can however point out that in this Natural disaster Obama is no where to be seen on the issue. No concern at all on his part that millions of his Countrymen are without power, without gas, without food, without heat. That HIS FEMA and its director are failing to respond in a fast enough manner. That he has not ordered in the Army against the wishes of the Governor as the liberal retards demanded Bush do in Katrina.

In Fact Obama has not even been asked about the crisis by the fawning press at all.

We can however point out that in this Natural disaster Obama is no where to be seen on the issue. No concern at all on his part that millions of his Countrymen are without power, without gas, without food, without heat. That HIS FEMA and its director are failing to respond in a fast enough manner. That he has not ordered in the Army against the wishes of the Governor as the liberal retards demanded Bush do in Katrina.

In Fact Obama has not even been asked about the crisis by the fawning press at all.

True he has not been asked by it by the press, but that is not Obamas fault. It is unclear what Obama did already or is busy with, one thing is sure: he reads the newspaper every day so he is aware of it.

The thing is that FEMA failed and it is unclear what Obama has done or not done now. So it is a bit soon to criticize him already on what he did not do, it might be better to wait a bit so we know all the facts.

Also when you look at the death causes, this is not comparable with Katrina at all (What is comparable is the failure of FEMA, but Obama hasn't been in office for more then a week so it is unlikely that he already had the time to fix FEMA):

The storm that began in the Midwest had been blamed or suspected in at least 42 deaths, including at least 11 in Kentucky, nine in Arkansas, six each in Texas and Missouri, three in Virginia, two each in Oklahoma, Indiana and West Virginia and one in Ohio. Most were blamed on hypothermia, traffic accidents and carbon monoxide poisoning.

In Kentucky, Beshear said late Saturday that officials believe the storm may have been responsible for as many as 21 deaths. He didn't give details and said 14 of those deaths hadn't been conclusively tied to the storm.
Kentucky Ice Storm: Nearly 1M Still Without Power

Have any of you folks ever been in an ice storm like KY is expereincing now?

I have here in Maine.

It put Mainer OOB for at least a week, and I like to think we understand generally how to cope with winter's worst.

But an ice storm like this coats everything with an inch or so of ice which weights so much that trees and telephone pole crack.

You don't have some lines down most lines are down. You know those huge steel towers that carry main electic lines? The ones that are several stroes high?

They crumbled like they were made of tin foil under the weight.

Forget driving your car, casue can't even get into your car and if you did you'd be driving on a couple inches of rock hard solid ice because the roads cannot be cleared.

Nobody has electicity..nobody except those with generators and they'd best has stocked up enough fuel to run them for a mightly long time.

And naturally for those using oil no electicity means no heat either.

My family survived because we'd had natural gas stove in our basement to make candles and we had light naturally because we were in the candle business, back then.

Most of my neighbors had to take to shelters to survive.

Very few people are prepared for such an eventuality.

I am not at all surprised that people are dying in KY.

And I do not mock those who are not prepared for this kind of weather event, either.

Until you see one of these monster ice storms, it's hard to really understand just how devasting they really are.

In my case, since we lived in the villiage with US Route 1 running through it, we were lucky and got our power back in only one week and a few hours.

Others living further off the main roads went two or three weeks before power was restored.

I have here in Maine.

It put Mainer OOB for at least a week, and I like to think we understand generally how to cope with winter's worst.

But an ice storm like this coats everything with an inch or so of ice which weights so much that trees and telephone pole crack.

You don't have some lines down most lines are down. You know those huge steel towers that carry main electic lines? The ones that are several stroes high?

Forget driving your car, casue can't even get into your car and if you did you'd be driving on a couple inches of rock hard solid ice because the roads cannot be cleared.

Nobody has electicity..nobody except those with generators and they'd best has stocked up enough fuel to run them for a mightly long time.

My family survived because we'd had natural gas stove in our basement to make candles and we had light naturally because we were in the candle business, back then.

And I do not mock those who are not prepared for this kind of weather event, either.

Until you see one of these monster ice storms, it's hard to really understand just how devasting they really are.

In my case, since we lived in the villiage with US Route 1 running through it, we were lucky and got our power back in only one week and a few hours.

Others living further off the main roads went two or three weeks before power was restored.

BUT where is Obama? Where is FEMA? With Katrina and all the roads, bridges and airports out the liberals DEMANDED instant support. They blamed FEMA for deaths caused by a bumbling incompetent mayor and Governor. They BLAMED Bush for it all and I do mean instantly. Not weeks later, not after a review of the facts and in disregard for the facts on the ground.

I want to know where Obama is? Why isn't the press hounding him to replace the director of the FEMA? Why don't we have charges of the Government secretly planning to murder thousands of hillbillies by inaction?

Why is it the news reports our President not only is doing nothing but that he is hosting parties with steak a hundred dollars a head? With a White House with the heat cranked up?

Where is the OUTRAGE?

Ohh wait, these are mostly republicans and mostly whites. Nothing to see here, move along.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I have here in Maine.

BUT where is Obama? Where is FEMA? With Katrina and all the roads, bridges and airports out the liberals DEMANDED instant support. They blamed FEMA for deaths caused by a bumbling incompetent mayor and Governor. They BLAMED Bush for it all and I do mean instantly. Not weeks later, not after a review of the facts and in disregard for the facts on the ground.

I want to know where Obama is? Why isn't the press hounding him to replace the director of the FEMA? Why don't we have charges of the Government secretly planning to murder thousands of hillbillies by inaction?

Why is it the news reports our President not only is doing nothing but that he is hosting parties with steak a hundred dollars a head? With a White House with the heat cranked up?

Where is the OUTRAGE?

Ohh wait, these are mostly republicans and mostly whites. Nothing to see here, move along.

Exactly. If the people concerned are not a Dem constituency, you don't need to worry about them. Rednecks from Appalachia need not apply. FEMA will get to them when they get to them and that will be "good enough for government work." Don't expect to hear about it in the press, dying rednecks in "flyover" country isn't news.

well i think the pres is doing a great job......just this morning he said it was a great Super Bowl and he has a little indigestion,but he is OK.....and he cant wait for tonight to see The Big Bang Theory....he loves Sheldon.....:lol:

For all your relief help hear in Kentucky. Not! So people who critize Bush for his help, or lack their of, have nothing to say about President Obama.

C'mon, it's Kentucky. What do you expect?

Y'all aint no nothin about this here kentucky.

Lol, thank goodness im not like that. Im actually from Wisconsin and now i live in northern kentucky we mainly just got snow, but the kids were off all of last week.

For all your relief help hear in Kentucky. Not! So people who critize Bush for his help, or lack their of, have nothing to say about President Obama.

C'mon, it's Kentucky. What do you expect?

Y'all aint no nothin about this here kentucky.

Lol, thank goodness im not like that. Im actually from Wisconsin and now i live in northern kentucky we mainly just got snow, but the kids were off all of last week.

Already a thread on this and the opinion of the Obama bots is that it was just a snow and ice storm, a natural occurance and the President need not care or be involved, nor worried that FEMA sucks ass in helping.

By the way, these are the SAME people that wanted to string Bush up for Katrina.

Has Barack Obama gone down there yet? No? People died and Obama snoozed. Truly unforgivable. Where's FEMA, in a meaningful way? No excuses. The horror.

Are you serious? It was an ice storm.

Did Bush come to NY after our 2006 blizzard?

Are you people trying to find everything imaginable to criticize him on? He's not even in office two weeks.

If his stimulus bills don't work, then criticize him. If a hurricane hits, then criticize him. An ice storm? Are you serious? What's he going to survey? The ice? And if he goes there, all of the police and military people who are helping Kentucky right now would have to be diverted to Obama to help him.

The reason why Katrina was such a cluster fuck was because of FEMA and the people running FEMA. Bush had been president for 4 years already. Obama will probably destroy FEMA and start a completely new emergency managment team for the gov't.

David - This is what the Republicans heard for 8 years... anything that went wrong was Bush's fault...Get used to it. What's good for the goose... unless your a Hypocrat, I mean Democrat that is...

Imagine if Kentucky was overwhelmingly black. What would Obama do in such a situation?

Then imagine if this was 2012, right before the election, what would Obama do?

Its 2009, he doesn't have to do a thing.

Forum List

Back