Over 40 People Have Died In Kentucky

The concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a small minority is demonstrated throughout history to lead to plutocracy and the diminishment of democracy. In most cases, they led to failed nation states.

This is historical fact.

This is something the revolutionary founders were well aware of, and they found concentrations of wealth in the hands of a few to be abhorrant to the ideals of a republican democracy.

Hardly anyone begrudes someone working hard and becoming rich. That's not the issue. The issue is a system that is gamed to allow the concentration of wealth in an increasingly tiny portion of the population. That's antithetic to a healthy democracy. That's what Russia is: a plutocracy. That's the model, among many others, of a nation state where wealth has been overwhelminnly and disporportionately concentrated in the hands of a few thousand people.

Take a gander at Warren Buffet's article on wealth. He says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary or cleaning lady. The tax code is set up to protect weatlh, and investment wealth is increasingly, since the Reagan years, taxed at lower rates than income generated from actually working and making a wage.

I find it heartening to see that despite all the rabid insulting crap thrown toward liberals, you are still able to come in and post something NOT in kind.

Look at these folks attacking and attacking, posting nothing but drivel post after post they prove to be as empty of content and thinking as the POTUS they do adored.

Thank GOD there are at least a few conservatives on this board willing to discuss issues.
That was my first attack. And right now, I'm new here... so there will be more. Next, I'm a libertarian more so than conservative.

By the way, the post you responded to is in the wrong thread. :tongue::eusa_hand:

Pffft.:eusa_hand:

Screw the government. YOU wait on 'em.

I live in Maine, Gunny.

I am prepared for any natural disaster EXCEPT nice weather.
no shit, stupid david wouldnt even go buy himself a fucking electric heater for backup when his buildings heat went out, all he did was fuss and whine about how come the government didnt come fix it for him immediately

Pffft.:eusa_hand:

Screw the government. YOU wait on 'em.

I live in Maine, Gunny.

I am prepared for any natural disaster EXCEPT nice weather.
no shit, stupid david wouldnt even go buy himself a fucking electric heater for backup when his buildings heat went out, all he did was fuss and whine about how come the government didnt come fix it for him immediately

I live in WA. We don't get severe weather much, but I stay prepared. I have 3 generators, a crap load of electric heaters, hot plate, etc...

Some folks need a nanny at all times, even into their adult life.

They didn'thave chartered buses either
actually, they had a ton of busses
or did you forget this?

Buses%201.jpg

Has Barack Obama gone down there yet? No? People died and Obama snoozed. Truly unforgivable. Where's FEMA, in a meaningful way? No excuses. The horror.
take a look at this

http://www.floppingaces.net/2009/01/29/thermostat-a-sign-that-global-warming-not-a-serious-concern/

Shove it up your dingbat ass. Bush may have been putting on a style show, President Obama is working. You guys are reduced to the ridiculous to critisize President Obama. The differance here is no "Heck of a job, Brownie" high fives, while people are still dying. The message is, you have a job to do, go out and do it. You people are truly pathetic. But keep it up. There will be a 70 Dem senate in 2010, and even a stronger majority in the House.
no, asshole, its up YOUR ass

The concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a small minority is demonstrated throughout history to lead to plutocracy and the diminishment of democracy. In most cases, they led to failed nation states.

This is historical fact.

This is something the revolutionary founders were well aware of, and they found concentrations of wealth in the hands of a few to be abhorrant to the ideals of a republican democracy.

Hardly anyone begrudes someone working hard and becoming rich. That's not the issue. The issue is a system that is gamed to allow the concentration of wealth in an increasingly tiny portion of the population. That's antithetic to a healthy democracy. That's what Russia is: a plutocracy. That's the model, among many others, of a nation state where wealth has been overwhelminnly and disporportionately concentrated in the hands of a few thousand people.

Take a gander at Warren Buffet's article on wealth. He says he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary or cleaning lady. The tax code is set up to protect weatlh, and investment wealth is increasingly, since the Reagan years, taxed at lower rates than income generated from actually working and making a wage.

I find it heartening to see that despite all the rabid insulting crap thrown toward liberals, you are still able to come in and post something NOT in kind.

Look at these folks attacking and attacking, posting nothing but drivel post after post they prove to be as empty of content and thinking as the POTUS they do adored.

Thank GOD there are at least a few conservatives on this board willing to discuss issues.
ROFLMAO
he posted it in the WRONG thread

Shove it up your dingbat ass. Bush may have been putting on a style show, President Obama is working. You guys are reduced to the ridiculous to critisize President Obama. The differance here is no "Heck of a job, Brownie" high fives, while people are still dying. The message is, you have a job to do, go out and do it. You people are truly pathetic. But keep it up. There will be a 70 Dem senate in 2010, and even a stronger majority in the House.

Looks like you can defend yourself. My bad for getting involved in your argument with Old Rockhead.

Looks like you can defend yourself. My bad for getting involved in your argument with Old Rockhead.
not a problem ;)

Has Barack Obama gone down there yet? No? People died and Obama snoozed. Truly unforgivable. Where's FEMA, in a meaningful way? No excuses. The horror.

So, your contention is that this was a natural disaster on the scale of Hurricane Andrew, or Katrina?

Or, is it just that you can't stop yourself from defending or trying to whitewash the failures of Bush, the guy you voted twice for?

Bush is history. Why do you defend the indefensible? Oh yea, too invested in the hope, but the reality is becoming very clear, less than 2 weeks into his term.

No bi-partisanship, partially because he cannot control Pelosi. Canada's angry because of threat to trade. Israel is about to blow again. Oh yea, 40+ of our citizens have died, thousands are still without power and many cut off from even neighbors' help. Yet you make excuses. Pitiful and callous.
If Bush were still in office and this was going on Annie, the loony, bat shit, liberals here would be frothing at the mouth reaming Bush a new orifice. But no, it's their messiah now, and NOTHING he'll do will give them cause to criticize him, even if it's deserved. Fuck these people. Hypocritical bastards.

What exactly do you believe the Obama administration should be doing right now?

I grew up in Missouri. I can think of at least 3 times where our house was without power for 5+ days due to ice storms. This is not an uncommon scenario in these areas.

I grew up in Missouri. I can think of at least 3 times where our house was without power for 5+ days due to ice storms. This is not an uncommon scenario in these areas.
the exact same as i expected the Bush administration to do for Katrina
unlike the asshole left

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

He should atleast "acknowlege" what's going on. Unless the governor asks for help, then he shouldn't do anything at the moment. Something that went over you dumb ass liberal's heads during Katrina.

New Topics

Forum List

Back