Over 40 People Have Died In Kentucky

Imagine if Kentucky was overwhelmingly black. What would Obama do in such a situation?

Then imagine if this was 2012, right before the election, what would Obama do?

Its 2009, he doesn't have to do a thing.

Obama is a failure waiting to happen. He should've done ads fo soul glo and pop locked on soul train before trying to be the countries # 1 brain...ohhhh..I can rap mayne!

Imagine if Kentucky was overwhelmingly black. What would Obama do in such a situation?

Obama is a failure waiting to happen. He should've done ads fo soul glo and pop locked on soul train before trying to be the countries # 1 brain...ohhhh..I can rap mayne!

So you just took black steroetypes from TV and associated them with the president because he is "black?" So I guess you think that the white house refrigerator is filled with chicken, watermelon, and malt liquor all bought with food stamps. :wtf:

So you just took black steroetypes from TV and associated them with the president because he is "black?" So I guess you think that the white house refrigerator is filled with chicken, watermelon, and malt liquor all bought with food stamps. :wtf:
Hell no. Obama is whiter than Uncle Ben's rice. That dude ain't keepin' it real..word to ya muva!

This sort of got ignored in all of the Obama bashing so I am just quoting it.

ATLANTA -- Kentucky’s storm emergency needs continue to be a priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which is coordinating and delivering federal resources to the commonwealth.

With widespread power outages affecting communications capabilities in Kentucky, FEMA’s Mobile Emergency Response Support units – called MERS – have moved from Thomasville, Ga. and Frederick, Md. to Kentucky.

MERS assets include portable radio towers, repeaters and radios; multiple portable KU Band satellite systems and satellite telephones to help officials in areas where cellular towers are inoperative.

FEMA also has deployed its Incident Response Vehicle, technicians, and radio/repeater equipment to construct a radio network capable of providing communications.

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.

FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are working together to provide industrial-size generators needed to power critical facilities. Teams are assessing needs and installing these generators each day.

FEMA also is fulfilling the commonwealth’s requests for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. Delivery of a total 80,000 gallons began Saturday at commonwealth staging areas in Greenville and Paducah.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky and FEMA Work Together - WOWK-TV - WOWKTV.com

So FEMA IS there doing a GOOD JOB according to the director of Kentucky's division of Emergency Management.

This sort of got ignored in all of the Obama bashing so I am just quoting it.

ATLANTA -- Kentucky’s storm emergency needs continue to be a priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which is coordinating and delivering federal resources to the commonwealth.

With widespread power outages affecting communications capabilities in Kentucky, FEMA’s Mobile Emergency Response Support units – called MERS – have moved from Thomasville, Ga. and Frederick, Md. to Kentucky.

MERS assets include portable radio towers, repeaters and radios; multiple portable KU Band satellite systems and satellite telephones to help officials in areas where cellular towers are inoperative.

FEMA also has deployed its Incident Response Vehicle, technicians, and radio/repeater equipment to construct a radio network capable of providing communications.

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.

FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are working together to provide industrial-size generators needed to power critical facilities. Teams are assessing needs and installing these generators each day.

FEMA also is fulfilling the commonwealth’s requests for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. Delivery of a total 80,000 gallons began Saturday at commonwealth staging areas in Greenville and Paducah.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky and FEMA Work Together - WOWK-TV - WOWKTV.com

So FEMA IS there doing a GOOD JOB according to the director of Kentucky's division of Emergency Management.
its doing the same kind of job it did for Katrina

New Orleans's emergency operations chief Terry Ebbert blamed the inadequate response (to hurricane katrina) on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). "This is not a FEMA operation. I haven't seen a single FEMA guy"

Last edited:

New Orleans's emergency operations chief Terry Ebbert blamed the inadequate response (to hurricane katrina) on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). "This is not a FEMA operation. I haven't seen a single FEMA guy"
what would you expect one of those that DID fail to say?
btw, you know Katrina hit more than just New Orleans, right?

Yes I am well aware that a hurricane is larger than any single city. In the same vein the ice storm did not just hit Kentucky. There were several deaths and quite a bit of property damage in northwest Arkansas for instance.

You say he failed, he says FEMA failed. Its nothing but pointing fingers and calling names. Personally I think their were failures on the city, state, and federal levels and they all just tried to shove the blame off on to the others. Bush made a good target because he was unpopular anyway and because he DID say some stupid things about Katrina.

Notice that the Kentucky guy is HAPPY with FEMA. That means a couple of things. A. FEMA is doing a good job, B. the Kentucky guy himself is doing a good job and doesn't need a scapegoat. C. That this clean-up/relief effort should go more smoothly than the effort in New Orleans.

Yes I am well aware that a hurricane is larger than any single city. In the same vein the ice storm did not just hit Kentucky. There were several deaths and quite a bit of property damage in northwest Arkansas for instance.

You say he failed, he says FEMA failed. Its nothing but pointing fingers and calling names. Personally I think their were failures on the city, state, and federal levels and they all just tried to shove the blame off on to the others. Bush made a good target because he was unpopular anyway and because he DID say some stupid things about Katrina.

Notice that the Kentucky guy is HAPPY with FEMA. That means a couple of things. A. FEMA is doing a good job, B. the Kentucky guy himself is doing a good job and doesn't need a scapegoat. C. That this clean-up/relief effort should go more smoothly than the effort in New Orleans.
ya know, you are right, it is finger pointing, by that asshole
FEMA didn't fail during Katrina
they didn't fail in Mississippi, they didn't fail in Alabama, they didn't fail in Florida
so, where should those fingers be pointing?

at Louisiana
gee, where was your finger pointer from? hmmmm?

but NOOOO, it was all Bush's fault
:rolleyes:
i've had you bush haters pegged for years now

Did I ever say that I blamed bush for Katrina? No.

So instead of putting words in my mouth could you at least try and have a civil conversation.

Not that it doesn't have a certain nostalgia. It kind of reminds me of arguing with rtwngavngr when he still posted here.

It is late. I am going to sleep. I will be happy to continue this discussion tomorrow.

So instead of putting words in my mouth could you at least try and have a civil conversation.

Not that it doesn't have a certain nostalgia. It kind of reminds me of arguing with rtwngavngr when he still posted here.

It is late. I am going to sleep. I will be happy to continue this discussion tomorrow.
i didnt quote anyone, thus is wasnt directed at anyone in particular
but it clearly touched a nerve

i didnt quote anyone, thus is wasnt directed at anyone in particular
but it clearly touched a nerve

Oh, pardon me. I simply saw it as a continuation of your previous post which DID quote me.

Double posts kind of blend together, and now I really must leave my computer.

icebeerlootlw4.jpg

This was FYI the worst ice storm to hit KY in recorded history.

People typically do not prepare for events so beyond normal expectations.

For example, while it definitely makes sense to people to prepare for let's say a ten-year storm, it defintiely does not make ECONOMIC sense for people to prepare for a hundred-year storm.

And this is one of the problems we are probably facing globally because of climate change.

Assuming one believes that climate change is happening, the global weirding that comes with this change means that people cannot prepare adequately for events so far beyond the normal expectations we ALL have about our local weather outcomes.

Having been in one of those dramatic ice storms about ten years ago, one that hit Maine and Canada, I have just got to tell you that until you see one of these, you simply cannot understand what havoc it plays on the infrastructure we have all come to count on.

People are dying in KY, not because the people of KY are fools, but because conditions are changing much more rapidly that anyone can truly get prepared for.

Obambots are too busy being distressed over the fact that his "talent pool" consists of law breakers and thugs.

Of course, they knew this before, but assumed nobody else would notice or care, since they didn't.

The people in Kentucky just aren't important to them. They're poor and rural. We found out what the Obamas and their supporters thought about poor and rural when they were thrashing Palin for being poor and rural.

This was FYI the worst ice storm to hit KY in recorded history.

People typically do not prepare for events so beyond normal expectations.

For example, while it definitely makes sense to people to prepare for let's say a ten-year storm, it defintiely does not make ECONOMIC sense for people to prepare for a hundred-year storm.

And this is one of the problems we are probably facing globally because of climate change.

Assuming one believes that climate change is happening, the global weirding that comes with this change means that people cannot prepare adequately for events so far beyond the normal expectations we ALL have about our local weather outcomes.

Having been in one of those dramatic ice storms about ten years ago, one that hit Maine and Canada, I have just got to tell you that until you see one of these, you simply cannot understand what havoc it plays on the infrastructure we have all come to count on.

People are dying in KY, not because the people of KY are fools, but because conditions are changing much more rapidly that anyone can truly get prepared for.
that wasn't considered when it was Bush's fault that people were dieing

EDDYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — In the first real test of the Obama administration's ability to respond to a disaster, Kentucky officials are giving the federal government good marks for its response to a deadly ice storm.
FEMA gets decent marks for ice storm response - USATODAY.com

Like usual you wingnuts are full of it. Obama did well, Bush totally failed Katrina. Brownie told him days prior to the landfall the levees would not hold. Whether he did enough or not, the mayor of New Orleans followed the protocols for that emergency. FEMA, under a man that was a failure even at running horse shows, did not.

Yap on all you wish, the American People fully realize what happened during Katrina.

EDDYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — In the first real test of the Obama administration's ability to respond to a disaster, Kentucky officials are giving the federal government good marks for its response to a deadly ice storm.

Like usual you wingnuts are full of it. Obama did well, Bush totally failed Katrina. Brownie told him days prior to the landfall the levees would not hold. Whether he did enough or not, the mayor of New Orleans followed the protocols for that emergency. FEMA, under a man that was a failure even at running horse shows, did not.

Yap on all you wish, the American People fully realize what happened during Katrina.
more bullshit from rockhead

FEMA didnt fail in MS, AL, or FL during Katrina
you and your fucked up hate re the only difference

Last edited:

more bullshit from rockhead

FEMA didnt fail in MS, AL, or FL during Katrina
you and your fucked up hate re the only difference

The federal, state and local government was caught with their pants down for Katrina. Few people remember the levees held until the next day. New Orleans was in good shape until the levees broke. Everyone was breathing a sigh of relief and folks were dancing in the streets until the levees broke. So I can understand how government was caught off guard. It affected well over a million people. I remember FEMA food and Ice centers setup a few days after the storm. Troops all over the place giving people a hand. You are not going to make everyone happy after something like that.

I pray the folks in Kentucky or doing better and will be out of this mess. How do we donate?

Forum List

Back