Over 214,000 Doctors Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges

The disaster is that we are forced to support capitalistic companies/corporations through govt. decree.

And here we go again.

When big liberalism fails, the finger pointing starts. There's always some "bogeyman" for why big government fails. It's NEVER the fault of the program itself.

Nooooooooooo.

Have another laughable excuse.

:lol:

This is what happens when liberals in Big Government think they can solve our problems (like in Healthcare). They always, and I mean, ALWAYS, make the problems WORSE!

Liberals always promise a panacea and what we get, instead, is Pandora's Box on steroids.

Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of thetotal number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

In January, an estimated 70% of California's physicians were not participating in Covered California plans.

So, Obamacare is asking doctors to take on sicker patients for less money, with the risk of not getting paid at all? No wonder doctors are running from these plans!

There is an itemization for each reason at this link:

Over 214 000 Doctors Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges CNS News

So, instead of making things BETTER for the poor, Obamacare makes things WORSE.

This is typical, and another vindication for all the warnings made by the Tea Party (and others) about Obamacare.

This is just going to get worse as the years roll by unless this debacle is repealed.

the path to hell

is paved with liberal intentions

This is what happens when liberals in Big Government think they can solve our problems (like in Healthcare). They always, and I mean, ALWAYS, make the problems WORSE!

Liberals always promise a panacea and what we get, instead, is Pandora's Box on steroids.

Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of thetotal number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

In January, an estimated 70% of California's physicians were not participating in Covered California plans.

So, Obamacare is asking doctors to take on sicker patients for less money, with the risk of not getting paid at all? No wonder doctors are running from these plans!

This is typical, and another vindication for all the warnings made by the Tea Party (and others) about Obamacare.

This is just going to get worse as the years roll by unless this debacle is repealed.

the path to hell

And they rarely are good intentions. ;)

I have the VA, you guys can suck it...

Yeah and the VA has been working soooooooooooooooooo well under Obama, hasn't it????????
Where I go it's great...not so much out west...like where the old man lives,,He was active Army 26 years...then civil servant..had to stay close to the enlisted club...

Good for you.

Might I remind you how Obama admin ignored the VA problems and touted the VA as an example of how Obamacare could work??????

7 Warnings Obama Ignored on the VA...Including His Own

Media Ignores Obama Being Warned Of VA Scandal In 8217 08 Reports That He 8216 Wants To Get To The Bottom Of It 8217 The Hayride

From what I read from military sources it was hidden and the only way it was exposed was by a whistleblower...The only thing I am not happy with at the VA is they need more neurosurgeons....

Last edited:

the path to hell

And they rarely are good intentions. ;)

are they ever good intentions

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people
against the dangers of good intentions.
There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern.
They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.--Daniel Webster

my Dr isn't one of them. Hes smart.

I ask him about ACA in fact ... his reply.

I worked my ass off and spent a ton of money becoming a Doctor, I plan to be the best Dr I can be and make as much $$ as I can while I can. Turning away patients won't help me achieve either goal.

FACT.

Last edited:
Does your doctor want to quit because of Obamacare Perspectives on the News

The Affordable Care act guarantees everyone insurance, not care. Don’t expect 8 of every 10 doctors to toss their stethoscopes and head for the door, though.
But a different angle on Obamacare is more interesting. While most people focused on the Supreme Court’s ruling regarding the individual mandate (which requires everyone to get insurance or pay a “tax”), the court also ruled that states cannot be forced into providing health care exchanges, which the law says should be set up to provide a marketplace in which consumers can shop for insurance.
The ruling also said states cannot be coerced into paying for an expanded Medicaid program.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry this week sent a letter to Washington saying his state isn’t going to do either of those things. Several others states are expected to do the same..

Doctors are quitting because States wont expand Medicaid.

Oh.

a state wont expand Medicaid or open exchanges ... stands to reason Doctors drop out, thr Governors of the State are robbing them of Patients, Patients and insurance companies pay money, no money, no Doctors ..... makes perfect sense, RW's are full of shit.

big surprise.

Last edited:
A bunch of healthy mush brained young people are subsidizing my healthcare by paying for more coverage than they need...brilliant! The left already slaved them out on student loan debt now this. No wonder the latest polling shows millennials leaning Republican by 4-5%.
Someone had to pay for us old fogies, looks like this new batch of 20 something's get the job ! :biggrin:

Sorry but it isn't he "old fogies" they are paying for, when something is given for "free" someone always has to pay. Funny that liberals don't seem to understand that concept.

A bunch of healthy mush brained young people are subsidizing my healthcare by paying for more coverage than they need...brilliant! The left already slaved them out on student loan debt now this. No wonder the latest polling shows millennials leaning Republican by 4-5%.

if your state doesn't expand Medicaid YOU are one of the mush brains paying for other peoples healthcare..

idiot.

Less than 3% of Americans are getting their insurance through the exchanges.

I'm curious, were these same doctors taking any of these people when they had no insurance?

The doctors were taking these people when they had their old insurance. That's where the complaint is. It isn't about people that had no insurance. It's about those that had insurance and now have worthless insurance.

Forum List

Back