Over 214,000 Doctors Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Now I know that you who are not directly effected, the vast majority of people, don't see the problems with Obamacare. Those receiving subsidies I am sure do not see a problem. Those caught in the middle sure do and here is another problem

Over 214 000 Doctors Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges CNS News

Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of the total number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

In January, an estimated 70% of California's physicians were not participating in Covered California plans.

Personally, my health care got dropped for Obamacare exchanges and the cost is MUCH higher for me. But that is just me.

Obamacare premiums soar as much as 78% to help cover ‘essential health benefits’

Obamacare sends health premiums skyrocketing by as much as 78 percent - Washington Times

The Affordable Care Act was supposed to make health care more affordable, but a study of insurance policies before and after Obamacare shows that average premiums have skyrocketed, for some groups by as much as 78 percent.

Average insurance premiums in the sought-after 23-year-old demographic rose most dramatically, with men in that age group seeing an average 78.2 percent price increase before factoring in government subsidies, and women having their premiums rise 44.9 percent, according to a report by HealthPocket scheduled for release Wednesday.

Read more: Obamacare sends health premiums skyrocketing by as much as 78 percent - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

If the gov. would do more on negotiating a better price for medical materials and prescriptions like other nations, it might work a little smoother for those poor docs...

If the gov. would do more on negotiating a better price for medical materials and prescriptions like other nations, it might work a little smoother for those poor docs...

It would work better for everyone. I have said this from the start, what was really needed was the cost of medicine and equipment, but Obama went behind closed doors and made an agreement with the drug companies. We are now paying the price, big time.

Now I know that you who are not directly effected, the vast majority of people, don't see the problems with Obamacare. Those receiving subsidies I am sure do not see a problem. Those caught in the middle sure do and here is another problem

Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of the total number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

In January, an estimated 70% of California's physicians were not participating in Covered California plans.

CNSNews.com relies on individuals like you to help us report the news the liberal media distort and ignore. Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today. Your continued support will ensure that CNSNews.com is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure.

LOL

allllllllllllllllrightie then.

Don't worry, they don't run their site for nothing but you can do it the liberal way and see it for nothing.

A bunch of healthy mush brained young people are subsidizing my healthcare by paying for more coverage than they need...brilliant! The left already slaved them out on student loan debt now this. No wonder the latest polling shows millennials leaning Republican by 4-5%.

Not only that, my friend who is a doctor, decided it was best to retire and did. Retirements in the medical profession is up. The BS that is Obamacare isn't worth it.

A bunch of healthy mush brained young people are subsidizing my healthcare by paying for more coverage than they need...brilliant! The left already slaved them out on student loan debt now this. No wonder the latest polling shows millennials leaning Republican by 4-5%.
Someone had to pay for us old fogies, looks like this new batch of 20 something's get the job ! :biggrin:

Not only that, my friend who is a doctor, decided it was best to retire and did. Retirements in the medical profession is up. The BS that is Obamacare isn't worth it.

They may be out there, but I haven't spoken to one single doctor that isn't furious about it.

This is what happens when liberals in Big Government think they can solve our problems (like in Healthcare). They always, and I mean, ALWAYS, make the problems WORSE!

Liberals always promise a panacea and what we get, instead, is Pandora's Box on steroids.

Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of thetotal number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

So, Obamacare is asking doctors to take on sicker patients for less money, with the risk of not getting paid at all? No wonder doctors are running from these plans!

There is an itemization for each reason at this link:

So, instead of making things BETTER for the poor, Obamacare makes things WORSE.

This is typical, and another vindication for all the warnings made by the Tea Party (and others) about Obamacare.

This is just going to get worse as the years roll by unless this debacle is repealed.

They were trying to fix corporate problems with a forced health care system. It had nothing to do with civilians. It was there to make you pay for a too big to fail theory was imposed by decree...Just like auto insurance...Mortgage insurance and pest control contracts in the mortgage..and to add death insurance for the mortgage or loan at a bank...

They were trying to fix corporate problems with a forced health care system. It had nothing to do with civilians. It was there to make you pay for a too big to fail theory was imposed by decree...Just like auto insurance...Mortgage insurance and pest control contracts in the mortgage..and to add death insurance for the mortgage or loan at a bank...

And there you ARE!

This is liberalism in a nut shell.

DON'T JUDGE THE RESULTS, JUDGE THE "GOOD INENTIONS!"

Oh, they had such "good intentions" so you can't judge the DISASTER that is the RESULTS.

This is typical liberalism.

Forum List

Back