Out of Work, Sucks

Obama don't like white people.

Projection there, old boy. Because you don't like people that are a differant color than you does not mean that everyone feels that way.

I thought you hated all Republicans? :lol:

Not at all. We have had some wonderful Republican Govenors in the State of Oregon. However, the present batch, with a few notable exceptions, seem to be brain dead parrots of the Limpbaugh. What I hate is seeing the party that had a leader like Eisenhower becoming a refuge for neo-fascists.

Allie;

"Millions".

Lol.

As I've pointed out before, a die-hard lefty starts pontificating about how much support they have, you can be certain they are members of a tiny minority.

Sure enough. Members of a tiny minority that achieved 365 electorial votes. 59 Senators. And a large House majority.

Allie;

"Millions".

Lol.

As I've pointed out before, a die-hard lefty starts pontificating about how much support they have, you can be certain they are members of a tiny minority.

Sure enough. Members of a tiny minority that achieved 365 electorial votes. 59 Senators. And a large House majority.

Oh, ouch!

This so called die-hard lefty is somewhat amused.

My mother always told me not to laugh at the inflicted, but sometimes, you know how it is... I just cannot help myself.

Last edited:
Seems to be a mantra many of us will bear. No, I've yet to lose my job, but could happen, likely to happen if nothing changes in the next year. Contrary to public opinion, we do not get to 'pick' our students. They are where they are in 6th grade, we build upon that.

CNN — LOU DOBBS TONIGHT — Aired January 14, 2005 - 18:00 ET
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KITTY PILGRIM, HOST: Turning for a disturbing trend in the public education system, school districts in American cities are aggressively recruiting teachers in math, science and special education. What's troubling about that is that they're recruiting and hiring teachers from foreign countries. Lisa Sylvester reports from Washington.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

LISA SYLVESTER, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Pamela Poblete is a special education teacher in Washington, D.C. She came to the United States as part of a program that recruits certified teachers from The Philippines.

PAMELA POBLETE, TEACHER: Not so many opening jobs in The Philippines. There's so many teachers so they come here.

SYLVESTER: The District of Columbia has 45 teachers from The Philippines on H1b and cultural visas and is looking to expand its recruiting to Puerto Rico and Spain. The school district says the teachers have an expertise in areas that have been typically hard to fill. Math, science and special education.

NICOLE WILDS, RECRUITMENT DIR., D.C. PUBLIC SCHOOL: In the past two school years, we've had approximately 30 to 40 percent of our new vacancies being special education.

SYLVESTER: Baltimore Schools recruiting director heard about D.C.'s program and signed a contract with 45 Filipino teachers for next year.

BILL BODEN, HR. OFFICER, BALTIMORE PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Our intent hopefully is that they're great teachers, effective in the classroom and we can get them to stay.

SYLVESTER: Filipino teachers are drawn to the United States because of the higher salaries. What they make in one month here it will take them working five months in The Philippines. But not everyone agrees that overseas recruiting is a good idea. Critics blasted it as another form of outsourcing that drives down U.S. wages.

RICHARD INGERSOLL, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA: Typically outsourcing has the effect, whether intended or not, of undermining any kind of impetus to improve the salaries or working conditions in a job or an occupation.

SYLVESTER: The American Federation of Teachers says there are plenty of teachers willing to work in suburban districts but they just don't want to teach in the urban centers.

ANTONIA CORTESE, AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS: It's the old problem of compensation, salaries, working conditions. Many times school buildings are pretty dilapidated.

SYLVESTER: The union says the problem is not recruiting teachers, it's retaining them. And importing teachers will not fix that. Lisa Sylvester, CNN, Washington.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe they'll hire a teacher from the H1-b visa program to replace you at a lower cost to them, continuing the regression of our economic system.

Forum List

Back