Out of Work, Sucks

I have not been the one being stupid.

I was warning about the sub prime market for years now.

I was warning that Iraq did not have AQ ties.

I was warning that It did not have WMDs.

I was warning you that Bush was having our military use banned weapons like White Phospherous on the Iraqi people.

I was warning that deregulating the securities markets was going to lead to a mess.

I was warning about our crumbling infrastructure.

I was warning that Bush was illegally torturing people.

I was warning that all the experts said tirture produces bad intell.

I was warning our voting machines were faulty and could produce bad elestion totals.

I was warning caging lists were being used to disenfranchise voters.

I was warning thne DOJ was being used as a political arm of the admin.

All this and much much more while you were buzy denying and excusing it all.

Now we have just the country you and your cohorts wanted.

It is just amazing how you continue to think any of your judgement should be taken for anything but a grain of salt considering just how WRONG you have been about EVERYTHING for years now.

Do you work for a newspaper, or CBS, or a lobbying firm? If not, you really should, or perhaps stand for office where your opinions could really be of benefit to us all.

There are probably only and handful of people in the whole world who could be so bang on with everything. I congratulate you.
Ask Care , she has known me for years and can attest to what I claim here.

Oh well, that explains absolutely EVERYTHING! :lol:

I was warning you that Bush was having our military use banned weapons like White Phospherous on the Iraqi people.

I was warning that deregulating the securities markets was going to lead to a mess.

I was warning our voting machines were faulty and could produce bad elestion totals.

It is just amazing how you continue to think any of your judgement should be taken for anything but a grain of salt considering just how WRONG you have been about EVERYTHING for years now.

Indoctrination is a terrible thing to waste.. or is it waist? what is tirture exactly? Oh enlightened one? :eusa_angel:

a typo?

and one of her best I might add. :lol:

Typos are much more important than content to some.

Its part of the fools philosophy that got us to this point.

If you are implying that the current economic problems are the fault of the new administration, your head is so far up your ass your teeth floss will be brown.

The stimulus package has money to start over 600,000 jobs. That's not some frigging tax cut mantra from the right, that is real jobs. It's also not four years off like the lying sobs keep saying.

Read the plan and quit listening to Bitch McConnel and McCain.

I hope that Obama soon realizes that the current Repub leaders don't know what bipartisan is. He needs to just get this bill through the Senate and tell them sorry if you can't work together your not in power anymore.

Tax cuts don't stimulate the economy. And tax cuts for the rich on stimulate the rich.

Here is the problem many of us have with this bill. As you say, it will create 600,000 new jobs. That's great; the problem is that each of those jobs come at a cost of nearly $1.4 million. This is why conservatives get so frustrated with government spending. There is enough money in this package to create two million jobs and to pay for them for four years. Where is the rest of the money going? It's called pork, waste, garbage, whatever you want to call it.

If there is not a dollar for dollar return on this money, then it's not worth the cost, plain and simple.

-There is a cost of start up materials and start up business costs, that does not come back right away, with any new creation of jobs or business....

-you are also not calculating the entire return on investment that will come from some of these projects...

as an example, if it cost 100 billion to fix failing bridges and schools and interstate highways and only 20 billion of that goes towards the labor...the jobs of those hired to produce such,

there will still be billions of dollars coming back to us in the long term from the better interstate commerce and from educating children in a better environment....than an old and falling apart asbestos filled or rat filled classroom or unheated classroom.

And lastly, i think perhaps you are not calculating in what the gvt will get back in return in taxes on the jobs created and business's profits, that offsets some of the stimulus amount right off the bat.

Having said all of that, if there ever was a time to not have PORK in congress's spending, it is NOW....but it seems they just don't get it....

It isn't all said and done yet though, the Senate could strip this down, and make it more efficient, because they MUST accomodate the republicans in the Senate, due to their rules of the senate....plus, i heard obama talk yesterday and i don't think he wants or approves of this bill's pork....so maybe he can influence the senate to get rid of the fat.

anyway wasn't the estimate 3 million jobs created or saved, not this 600k figure being used ?

If the money was all being put into infrastructure, it would most certainly create 3 million new jobs, probaly more considering the effect it would have on other industries. But the amount going to infrastructure in this package is only about 5% of the total.

600,000 x $100,000 = $600 billion....

i don't KNOW HOW the $1.4 million spent per person with the stimulus came about as a legit figure?

and that's if 600k and not 3 million new jobs created.

Being off by one zero goes to show just how out of whack this stimulus package is. 600,000 x $100,000 = $60 billion, not $600 billion.

This is today's problem in a nutshell and why government action isn't going to amount to much, if any, impact. If gov't gave you $5,000 stimulus check tomorrow, but you are still pretty sure you are going to lose your job by year's end, are you going to spend it? Or save it for your rainy days coming up? $10,000? At what point, knowing you are probably going to lose your job, do you go out and buy a big screen 1080p 120Hz 65" HDTV?

Glad to see you understand why the pub solution won't work.

Typos are much more important than content to some.

Its part of the fools philosophy that got us to this point.

especially delicious when the one making them portends higher intelligence than those she is condescending at! :cuckoo:

Where have I said I was smarter than you?

I have been right far more than you but some people dont use the brains they were given to stay with the facts. Some create a fantasy in which to live and cling to it instead of living in reality.

I dont know why bright people do this, tell me why you do?

Press release on Senate appropriations committee page

"To accomplish these goals, The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides $888 billion in investments and tax cuts. Of this total, $694 billion will enter the economy by the end of Fiscal year 2010, meaning that 78 percent of the monies allocated will reach the American people by September 30, 2010, providing an immediate boost to the overall economy and creating an estimated four million jobs.

so more like 200 thousand....

Last edited:
Where have I said I was smarter than you?

I have been right far more than you but some people dont use the brains they were given to stay with the facts. Some create a fantasy in which to live and cling to it instead of living in reality.

I dont know why bright people do this, tell me why you do?

shit lady you just listed a page full of facts you knew before anybody else did. and you didn't do jack shit about any of it. what the hell is the matter with you? you just sat there in front of Pandora's box and let the world go to hell! Sheeze! :lol::eusa_pray:

I did noit say I knew them before anyone else.

I said I was warning about them while many ignored them.

That was a matter of looking at the evidence on the internets (that series of tubes) and evaluating the facts given instead of blindly believing what the current government asswinks were saying.

food stamps actually returns more than infrasturcture.

Which source of yours told you that and are they infallible like you ?

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

I'm not infallable , I just try to stick to facts and they make it easier to be found right in the end.

Well, by all means then, we should give every person living in the US $2700 in food stamps. That would give me and my kids $8100 total. We can buy a lot of food with that.

Last edited:

Do you work for a newspaper, or CBS, or a lobbying firm? If not, you really should, or perhaps stand for office where your opinions could really be of benefit to us all.

There are probably only and handful of people in the whole world who could be so bang on with everything. I congratulate you.
Ask Care , she has known me for years and can attest to what I claim here.

I'm not doubting you - I don't know you or your opinions well enough to do that. If what you say is true (and only you know if it is) then you are the most politically aware and astute person on this board.

If you deserve the compliment, take it.

Which source of yours told you that and are they infallible like you ?

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

I'm not infallable , I just try to stick to facts and they make it easier to be found right in the end.

Well, by all means then, we should give every person living in the US $2700 in food stamps. That would give me and my kids $8100 total. We can buy a lot of food with that.
Stock up for rough times ahead.

Forum List

Back