Out of Work, Sucks

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seems to be a mantra many of us will bear. No, I've yet to lose my job, but could happen, likely to happen if nothing changes in the next year. Contrary to public opinion, we do not get to 'pick' our students. They are where they are in 6th grade, we build upon that.

2. Zoomie1980

Zoomie1980 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    This is today's problem in a nutshell and why government action isn't going to amount to much, if any, impact. If gov't gave you $5,000 stimulus check tomorrow, but you are still pretty sure you are going to lose your job by year's end, are you going to spend it? Or save it for your rainy days coming up? $10,000? At what point, knowing you are probably going to lose your job, do you go out and buy a big screen 1080p 120Hz 65" HDTV?

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,782
    People ARE saving more, and that's very good for the long term.

Maybe this country needs a little tough times. Maybe people in this country need to toughen up a bit. Quit eating so much, walk more, work harder, knuckle down and quite whining you want the government to hand everything to you on a silver platter.

I'm not coming down on you Zoom, your point was good. I'm just saying in general.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  4. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Maybe this country needs a little tough times?

Maybe we need all our hard earned money stolen by hedge fund managers?

Maybe we need to put some people in jail.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Gun Clingin'

Gun Clingin' BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That isn't what he said..but you'll play dumb..well..because you are dumb.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089

7. indago

indago VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    It's all part of the economic regression that, chances are, you voted for...

8. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    If you are implying that the current economic problems are the fault of the new administration, your head is so far up your ass your teeth floss will be brown.

The stimulus package has money to start over 600,000 jobs. That's not some frigging tax cut mantra from the right, that is real jobs. It's also not four years off like the lying sobs keep saying.

Read the plan and quit listening to Bitch McConnel and McCain.

I hope that Obama soon realizes that the current Repub leaders don't know what bipartisan is. He needs to just get this bill through the Senate and tell them sorry if you can't work together your not in power anymore.

Tax cuts don't stimulate the economy. And tax cuts for the rich on stimulate the rich.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sorry dude, "Bush Rules" apply. The MINUTE Obama said "I do," it's ALL HIS.

Why don't you try listening to the news? Savings are up, spending is down. People are socking their money away.

Your stimulus package isn't doing anything but bailing out the rich, and GMAFB on starting over 60,000 more jobs. You mean more government jobs because that fat tick of a bureaucracy ain't fat enough?

Then there's the fact that it's BEYOND hillarious you saying ANYONE doesn't know what bipartisan is. Your idea of bipartisan is your way every time.

Get a grip on some reality, huh?

10. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    I agree ... people here in the US are basically lazy and selfish. This is exactly why "you think other races" work harder. Its not that they work harder its that they work for something better and the reward is much greater than what they are used to.
    Why do we have to have suvs with 22's and hydraulics thumping down the road ... ?
    At 5K it would go to the mattress as most people do not even trust the banks right now.
    Jobs arent going to just come back ... why would I hire 100 people more if after cuts the same amount is getting done at a smaller cost? Not to mention there are 10 people in line for your job.