Other than piss off unions, what did Scott Walker do to deserve a recall?

Democrat state representatives abandoned their posts and fled to another state like a bunch of criminals. Teachers fraudulently called in sick to get a day off to riot and all because they didn't like pending legislation. Now they want to recall republicans? The world is upside down to liberals.
Well, it was the Senators...But other than that, you pretty much nailed it.

My my... a poor argument for a recall... 'but he never said he'd do that!' :rolleyes:

Any "poorer" then Gray Davis' recall?
The Davis recall was bipartisan...Both remocrats and depublicans came to detest Grayout Davis.

The Walker recall, like the failed Senate recalls that preceded it, is strictly a partisan affair.

Yep..it was so non-partisan they wound up electing a Republican to the post..who wound up calling up Davis and asking for his advice on what to do with the budget.

Good stuff. :thup:

I've provided link after to link to Wisconsin newspapers; if he is as good as Amelia says, the recall will fail. The fact remains, his staff is charged with a multitude of crimes. Thus, one wonders about his judgement and/or involvement.

So, you've gone from 'he's guilty' to 'he's implicated' to 'one wonders if'. Nice. Next thing you know, you'll be saying you never said anything negative about Walker.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Conservative again."

The Davis recall was bipartisan...Both remocrats and depublicans came to detest Grayout Davis.

The Walker recall, like the failed Senate recalls that preceded it, is strictly a partisan affair.

Yep..it was so non-partisan they wound up electing a Republican to the post..who wound up calling up Davis and asking for his advice on what to do with the budget.

Doesn't change the facts on the ground...I was in Fornicalia during the recall and you were not.

And they ended you electing a squishy populist sellout with an (R) by his name, that could be politically pushed around.

Wisconsin Job Growth | Department of Numbers

Thanks for the referral to this source. I figured I use your source to demonstrate my point. Job losses 6 months running.

WI had job gains for 6 months as well.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/promises/walk-o-meter/promise/526/create-250000-new-jobs/

I think the Gov of that State has done a great job and this recall bs is just Union and Dem sour grapes.

Let it go to a vote. If the folks in WI are fond enough of the unions then they will get rid of Walker.

If they like saving money and not having taxes raised then then Walker will keep his job.

Bunch of foolish BS in my book because all they had to do was wait for his re-election. The idiot Union and the Dems could have campaigned on his record.

Oh wait. He has a pretty good record. Never mind.

Got most of his financial support from Koch brothers who don't reside in his state. He is the product of a bought and paid for "by outside interests" governorship.

That alone should give the people of Wisconsin reason to recall. He does not represent THEM, the majority of the people of WI. He, according to the Koch brothers...represents THEM... two billionaires in West Palm Beach FLA.

So, you're saying the only non-partisan result would have been a Democrat being elected? really? You want to stick with that, Sparky???

Got most of his financial support from Koch brothers who don't reside in his state. He is the product of a bought and paid for "by outside interests" governorship.

That alone should give the people of Wisconsin reason to recall. He does not represent THEM, the majority of the people of WI. He, according to the Koch brothers...represents THEM... two billionaires in West Palm Beach FLA.

But he sure as Hell went a long way to fixing their states financial problems. But fuck that, fire his ass anyway, right? Let's just have more of the same from the Dems in WI. Higher taxes, lower wages, more money for the unions. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I've provided link after to link to Wisconsin newspapers; if he is as good as Amelia says, the recall will fail. The fact remains, his staff is charged with a multitude of crimes. Thus, one wonders about his judgement and/or involvement.

So, you've gone from 'he's guilty' to 'he's implicated' to 'one wonders if'. Nice. Next thing you know, you'll be saying you never said anything negative about Walker.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Conservative again."

It's the thought that counts ;)

Thanks for the referral to this source. I figured I use your source to demonstrate my point. Job losses 6 months running.

I find progressives bringing up Wisconsin's recent job creation woes rather amusing, Lone. Liberals go after Walker with a recall effort, continually trumpeting how they have the votes to oust him and return to how things were before...but you don't see how THAT would make businesses thinking of locating in Wisconsin, delay the decision until they know that they WON'T have to deal with a liberal Governor? What was Wisconsin's job growth situation before you guys threatened to oust Walker? I'm going to guess that it was growing quite nicely. Gee, what do you think it will be if Walker "does" get ousted?

In answer to those people who repeat the meme that the unions were blindsided by Walker's reforms and that collective bargaining never came up during the campaign, here is a union-generated issues statement which was published in a WEAC newsletter before our Nov. 2010 election:

IxhuQ.jpg

There are a lot of things which concerned onlookers in other states don't hear about. It is not in the unions' interests for onlookers to be informed.

What I also find amusing is that Walker has managed to turn Wisconsin around as quickly as he has despite a legislation filled with Democrats who went to the extreme of leaving the State so Walker couldn't get bills passed, yet Barack Obama is struggling so mightily to turn the US around even though he started out with super-majorities in the House and Senate. Instead of trying to recall Scott Walker? Perhaps someone in the Oval Office should call him up for advice?

In answer to those people who repeat the meme that the unions were blindsided by Walker's reforms and that collective bargaining never came up during the campaign, here is a union-generated issues statement which was published in a WEAC newsletter before our Nov. 2010 election:

IxhuQ.jpg

There are a lot of things which concerned onlookers in other states don't hear about. It is not in the unions' interests for onlookers to be informed.

wow...look at that, folks... the unions that are trying to oust Walker for doing something they claim he never said he'd do... proving he did indeed say he'd do it after all!

You just can't make this shit up :rofl:

IxhuQ.jpg

I'm tellin' ya...Walker is the guy who is going to get me to break the pledge I took back in '95, to never vote for another (R) or (D) ever again.

The man is delivering the goods.

But he sure as Hell went a long way to fixing their states financial problems. But fuck that, fire his ass anyway, right? Let's just have more of the same from the Dems in WI. Higher taxes, lower wages, more money for the unions. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Outside money and the election results from outside money should be rejected by the residents of any state.

I find progressives bringing up Wisconsin's recent job creation woes rather amusing, Lone. Liberals go after Walker with a recall effort, continually trumpeting how they have the votes to oust him and return to how things were before...but you don't see how THAT would make businesses thinking of locating in Wisconsin, delay the decision until they know that they WON'T have to deal with a liberal Governor? What was Wisconsin's job growth situation before you guys threatened to oust Walker? I'm going to guess that it was growing quite nicely. Gee, what do you think it will be if Walker "does" get ousted?[/QUOTE

Yup. They might wanna give Mitch Daniels in Indiana a ring as well. Indiana was in a pretty deep red hole when he took over as Gov. They now run a surplus.

We all know Barry can use all the help he can get since he's so clueless.

The majority of WI residents are union employees?

Huh? Wha?

:eusa_eh:

Outside money and the election results from outside money should be rejected by the residents of any state.
Outstate agitators squatting at the capitol in Madison last winter didn't seem to bother anybody.

There were lots of auto plates from Illinois, Minnesota, Ioway, and numerous other states on the scene.

So by that sidestepping of the issue of campaign finance from out of state you dissagree with me?

I was under the illusion that you leaned towards a libertarian viewpoint. I used to entertain some Libertarian political views until I decided that I was being a chicken shit and what I REALLY wanted was my GOP back in the control of principled people like Ike and Barry. Libertarians fundamentally believe that the "individual" should be the source of all power in government. From there the power should be given those that represent those individuals..AKA local government ... and the pattern repeated up the ladder... with as little intrusion as possible on the needs and desires of the individual. Outside money flies in the face of that concept.

You are mistaking the right in the constitution of "freedom of assembly" with campaign financing.

Forum List

Back