Other than piss off unions, what did Scott Walker do to deserve a recall?

please, show me a link to something that proves he tried to abolish unions.

And no, unsubstantiated blogs don't count as proof.

Uh, gee Goofy, what is you think "end collective bargaining" means?

goofy1.png

Did ending collective bargaining end the unions? Really? There are no more unions in Wisconsin? I bet the union leaders will be very interested to hear they don't exist anymore.

Moron.
News :: The Smoking Laptop :: The Shepherd Express: Milwaukee's best guide to events, music, news and dining

Hey, if you agree with Peach that the recall was not started because of the union issues, but because of the staffer issues, then the offer is open to you as well. The first one of you to accept is in.
On Thursday, prosecutors brought more charges against top Scott Walker aides as part of an ongoing criminal corruption probe into his administration that has now led to several arrests and fifteen felony charges.

The new criminal complaints reveal a "secret email network" set up just twenty-five feet from Scott Walker's office to systematically avoid open records requests and illegally campaign and raise cash on taxpayer time.

Prosecutors have brought charges totaling fifteen felonies and three misdemeanors against six of Scott Walker's closest aides and associates:

* Kelly Rindfleisch, Scott Walker's personal fundraiser for his campaign, and his former Deputy Chief of Staff, has been charged with four felonies for sending more than 1,000 campaign emails while supposedly working on the clock for taxpayers.

* Darlene Wink, Scott Walker's former Director of Constituent Services, is entering a plea and has been charged with two misdemeanors. She allegedly was planning Walker fundraisers, including one with Sarah Palin, on the taxpayers' dime.

* William Gardner, Scott Walker's close friend and campaign donor, was convicted of the largest campaign finance violation in Wisconsin history for illegally funneling more than $43,000 to the Friends of Scott Walker.

* Tim Russell, Scott Walker's former Deputy Chief of Staff and close political ally, has been arrested and charged with two felonies and a misdemeanor for stealing thousands of dollars intended for wounded veterans and families of military servicemembers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

* Kevin Kavanaugh, Scott Walker's appointee to a Veteran Service Commission, has been arrested and charged with five felonies related to the theft of funds from the Military Order of the Purple Heart and Operation Freedom, an event apparently set up to benefit Walker.

* Brian Pierick, Scott Walker's campaign aide and former operator of ScottWalker.org, has been arrested and charged with felony enticement of a child
DEFINING CORRUPTION in office, of course, Walker ONLY ADVISED the Defendants. Remember STONEWALL IT?

A... no link. Standard procedure is to link to your source.

B... doesn't address your initial claim regarding the origin of the Scott Walker recall effort.

Can you, or can you not, prove that the recall of Scott Walker was initiated because of staff issues, and NOT because of union issues?
I've provided link after to link to Wisconsin newspapers; if he is as good as Amelia says, the recall will fail. The fact remains, his staff is charged with a multitude of crimes. Thus, one wonders about his judgement and/or involvement.

It would only be a "valid inference" if every single registered voter in Wisconsin had the opportunity to either sign or not sign the petition, which certainly isn't true.

As I said, we'll just have to see when the election comes. Maybe you're right.

You're telling me only 'some' voters were allowed to sign the recall petition? That some were prevented from signing?

No one was "prevented" from signing.

But not every voter was asked.

I would venture to guess that they all knew about the recall. You'd have to have been living under a rock someplace not to know. So, my inference is still valid, IMHO.

As I said...

Walker, in an email from his BlackBerry, told Russell: "We cannot afford another story like this one. No one can give them any reason to do another story. That means no laptops, no websites, no time away from the work day, etc."

Is good advice, regardless of the party of the person giving it. Would you be all up in arms if a Dem had told his staffers not to do anything stupid that would bring negative attention to him? I doubt it.

You're reading a great deal into nothing. partisan hackery at full force I see.

I've provided link after to link to Wisconsin newspapers; if he is as good as Amelia says, the recall will fail. The fact remains, his staff is charged with a multitude of crimes. Thus, one wonders about his judgement and/or involvement.

So, you've gone from 'he's guilty' to 'he's implicated' to 'one wonders if'. Nice. Next thing you know, you'll be saying you never said anything negative about Walker.

Last edited:
it's simply about partisan politics. when either side sees an opportunity to get one of their own back in power, they pounce.

To those who are so solicitous about job growth in my state: Wisconsin is in great shape fiscally. The recall nonsense has probably inhibited our progress, much like Obama's lost year on ACA put a damper on the effectiveness of the stimulus, but overall things are looking good.

Meddling Democrats cause a lot of grief. :eusa_angel: But this to shall pass and Wisconsin will be just fine. :thup:

WMC 2012 Economic Outlook Survey: 94 Percent of CEOs Say State is Headed in Right Direction; Recalls, Political Instability Cast A Shadow on Optimism

Wisconsin CEOs are bullish about Wisconsin heading into 2012, with 94 percent saying the state is heading in the right direction, but executives increasingly cite recalls and political instability as a business concern, a survey of WMC members found.

WMC - Press Releases
Amelia, Walker's staff caused a lot of grief. But if you live there and say is a good Governor, many there should agree & the recall will fail. I note however that he has many accused of felonies around him. Perhaps it was bad luck instead of poor judgement.

To those who are so solicitous about job growth in my state: Wisconsin is in great shape fiscally. The recall nonsense has probably inhibited our progress, much like Obama's lost year on ACA put a damper on the effectiveness of the stimulus, but overall things are looking good.

Meddling Democrats cause a lot of grief. :eusa_angel: But this to shall pass and Wisconsin will be just fine. :thup:

WMC 2012 Economic Outlook Survey: 94 Percent of CEOs Say State is Headed in Right Direction; Recalls, Political Instability Cast A Shadow on Optimism

Wisconsin CEOs are bullish about Wisconsin heading into 2012, with 94 percent saying the state is heading in the right direction, but executives increasingly cite recalls and political instability as a business concern, a survey of WMC members found.

WMC - Press Releases
Amelia, Walker's staff caused a lot of grief. But if you live there and say is a good Governor, many there should agree & the recall will fail. I note however that he has many accused of felonies around him. Perhaps it was bad luck instead of poor judgement.

How do you feel about the tax cheats that Obama still has in his administration? Any questions about his judgement?

As I said...

Walker, in an email from his BlackBerry, told Russell: "We cannot afford another story like this one. No one can give them any reason to do another story. That means no laptops, no websites, no time away from the work day, etc."

Is good advice, regardless of the party of the person giving it. Would you be all up in arms if a Dem had told his staffers not to do anything stupid that would bring negative attention to him? I doubt it.

You're reading a great deal into nothing. partisan hackery at full force I see.
No Borg. Blagojevich was as corrupt as they come; as was Edward J. King in Massachusetts; while in college there I worked for HATCH. I do not like corrupt politicians, whatever party they belong to. And as I voted for McCain, I cannot be termed a "yellow dog" Democrat. YOU seems conflicted, you admit Obama was not foreign born, but seem to despise him. I find him ineffectual, and still hope for a decent Republican to run against him. The problem is, the Republican candidates are tearing each other to shreds.

A... no link. Standard procedure is to link to your source.

B... doesn't address your initial claim regarding the origin of the Scott Walker recall effort.

Can you, or can you not, prove that the recall of Scott Walker was initiated because of staff issues, and NOT because of union issues?
I've provided link after to link to Wisconsin newspapers; if he is as good as Amelia says, the recall will fail. The fact remains, his staff is charged with a multitude of crimes. Thus, one wonders about his judgement and/or involvement.[/QUOTE]

So, you've gone from 'he's guilty' to 'he's implicated' to 'one wonders if'. Nice. Next thing you know, you'll be saying you never said anything negative about Walker.[/QUOTE]
Any office holder surrounded by many people charged with felonies is not going to escape speculation. Accept that. And I wrote early on, fight the recall if if the attempt isn't warranted. WISCONSIN newspapers list the accused around him, not a union publication I ran across.

No Borg. Blagojevich was as corrupt as they come; as was Edward J. King in Massachusetts; while in college there I worked for HATCH. I do not like corrupt politicians, whatever party they belong to. And as I voted for McCain, I cannot be termed a "yellow dog" Democrat. YOU seems conflicted, you admit Obama was not foreign born, but seem to despise him. I find him ineffectual, and still hope for a decent Republican to run against him. The problem is, the Republican candidates are tearing each other to shreds.

A... glad to see that you dislike corruption wherever you find it. Rep coming for that in a moment.

B... Of course I am not a birther, as my continual ragging of the birthers in their nonsense threads would indicate. However, is it only birthers that are allowed to disagree with Obama policy and performance?

Isn't Walker trying to plug up his budget hole with funds that were awarded to Wisconsin as a resulted of a lawsuit against banks? And isn't that money suppose to go to the people holding mortgages that got screwed?

I mean..that might lead to some disgruntled people. :lol:

Gov. Scott Walker Pockets Money Intended For Wisconsin Foreclosure Victims To Make Up State Budget Shortfall

After successfully stripping Wisconsin state public employees of their collective bargaining rights, working to deny low income residents the right to vote, and attempting to fend off the damaging effects of the burgeoning illegal electioneering scandal that is enveloping his administration and threatens to suck the Governor himself into the vortex, Scott Walker has found a new project worthy of his time and intents.

Walker is directing the State of Wisconsin to keep a large chunk of the money from this week’s national settlement with five of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders —money intended to help compensate those who were victims of the illegal mortgage practices that caused so many to lose their homes and to aid in the rebuilding of stricken neighborhoods—so that the state’s budget gap can be closed and Gov. Walker can head into his recall election able to claim that he has balanced the state budget.
Gov. Scott Walker Pockets Money Intended For Wisconsin Foreclosure Victims To Make Up State Budget Shortfall - Forbes

WMC - Press Releases

How do you feel about the tax cheats that Obama still has in his administration? Any questions about his judgement?

Any office holder surrounded by many people charged with felonies is not going to escape speculation. Accept that. And I wrote early on, fight the recall if if the attempt isn't warranted. WISCONSIN newspapers list the accused around him, not a union publication I ran across.

So, you admit that your contention that the recall was started not for union issues, but for Walker staff issues, is mere speculation on your part. Thanks. Your honesty is appreciated.

Forum List

Back