Oprah-Clinton love fest

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
Anybody else catch it?

Just curious, will any of you be reading "My Story"? On the one hand, I think it'll be good for a rip-roaring laugh and re-charge my conservatism, but on the other hand, I don't want to give that man any more money of mine than he taxed away. Plus, I just don't want to be seen buying it.

Originally posted by clumzgirl
Anybody else catch it?

Just curious, will any of you be reading "My Story"? On the one hand, I think it'll be good for a rip-roaring laugh and re-charge my conservatism, but on the other hand, I don't want to give that man any more money of mine than he taxed away. Plus, I just don't want to be seen buying it.

I believe it's called My Life, if you are talking about Clinton's memoir. Yes, I imagine I'll read it at some point although there are other books I will buy/read first.

So far, I've heard that it's kind of a dull read. I'd like to see for myself, though.

damn--ok--so I watched Oprah--I confess -shoot me --HOWEVER

what a pathetic person !!!!! Still claiming to be a victim of the right wing conspiracy and his alcoholic step- father. Gotta give Oprah a wee bit of credit for not throwing him all softballs and he couldn't even handle those. STILL trying to make something of himself and whining. Even Oprah couldn't give his book any kinda of raving review. What a shell of a person ! He is in the wrong business. I don't know where he belongs but it's certainly not in politics. Maybe he will be a funny first man!

Originally posted by nycflasher
Interesting thing to say about someone who just made $10 million sitting down.

He did that for 8 years--doesn't mean he's good at it. Screwed the taxpayers outta way more than that too.

Originally posted by dilloduck
damn--ok--so I watched Oprah--I confess -shoot me --HOWEVER

what a pathetic person !!!!! Still claiming to be a victim of the right wing conspiracy and his alcoholic step- father. Gotta give Oprah a wee bit of credit for not throwing him all softballs and he couldn't even handle those. STILL trying to make something of himself and whining. Even Oprah couldn't give his book any kinda of raving review. What a shell of a person ! He is in the wrong business. I don't know where he belongs but it's certainly not in politics. Maybe he will be a funny first man!

Hell yeah, he'd be a great first husband. He'd be up all night drinking and smoking cigars and toking weed (but now he'd be inhaling), playing the sax with aging beatniks. It would be a gas. He would revert to an undergrad with his antics I'm sure.
It is lame though that he's trying to play the hurt little puppy dog.
But I have to agree that Ken Star and company did go overboard with their pursuitn of a BJ in the ovum office. The media was also ridiculous with this.
However, I think it's odd that so many pundits on TV attempt to speak in detail about his book when nobody has even had time to read this book that is almost as lenthy as Grant's memoirs.

He did that for 8 years--doesn't mean he's good at it. Screwed the taxpayers outta way more than that too.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, he sat down quite alot.

Wrong again. I think he made about closer to $2 mil than 10 as Pres.

And we both know he wasn't sitting down the whole time.:D

As to how he screwed you, you'll have to elaborate...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Wrong again. I think he made about closer to $2 mil than 10 as Pres.

And we both know he wasn't sitting down the whole time.:D

As to how he screwed you, you'll have to elaborate...
Let's see---not killing bin laden cost us -------------------??

No thanks. We don't need another Clinton in office. As his book clearly states, he never did anything of significance the whole time he was in office. Just a chronological timeline of his life excluding the actual events of "Monica" and "Jennifer".

Let's see---not killing bin laden cost us -------------------??

You're assuming taht another President would have killed him.
If we were to assign a monetary value to all of Bush's decisions...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by insein
Who said monetary? I think 3000+ Humans lost is far worse than any amount of money.

Well, if you want to blame 911 on Clinton...
that's your perogative.

Its always easy to blame someone else, though. I'm not sure that Clinton handled things as best he could, I'll grant you that.

Comparatively, I think you know how I feel about Bush and the decisions he's made.

Originally posted by menewa
But I have to agree that Ken Star and company did go overboard with their pursuitn of a BJ in the ovum office. The media was also ridiculous with this.

Hate to dredge up old news, but it wasn't about a BJ. It was a small matter of the Chief Executive commiting a felony; to wit - perjury. You know - the kind of offense that would have landed you or me in the penitentiary.

Starr and the press - those BASTARDS!

Forum List

Back