Police seize legal gunowner 911 caller 'alarmed' by citizen carrying weapon

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NewGuy, Jun 22, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38801

2. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I wouldnt fault the concerned citizen for calling in the report... nor do I think it necessary to reveal who called 911. The issue here is the reckless way the police carried this out.

Those two officers should be suspended without pay.

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    small little baby steps at a time. :rolleyes:

4. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    So this guy had a CWP? The cops it looks like fucked this deal up. They should've took him quietly somewhere, frisked him and then asked if he had a permit for it since he was threatening nobody. They shouldn't have roughed him up.

Also why can't this guy face his accuser? Isn't that a right?

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Fuck that. I don't own a gun. I don't even like guns. But its in the constitution that we have a right to BEAR ARMS. A man who legally owns his gun is being harrassed for owning his gun. Thats total Fucking Bullshit.

Im sorry nothing gets me more pissed then this. People continue to attack the Law abiding citizens who legally wait the waiting periods and go through the training to get their guns. Yet they refuse to do something about the freakin murderers and criminals who still get the guns despite these laws.

Laws are for Law abiding citizens. If people don't live by the Laws they don't give a shit if they don't have a permit for a weapon they bought from Sanchez in a back alley.

LEt me just say what has been said a 1000 times. If everyone owned a gun there would be less crime for the criminals for fear of dieing. Death is the only thing that a crook can understand. Your dead, you dead.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Does everybody here realize how many people are packing heat on their person that they come across in this country on a daily basis? Hell very rarely do I go anywhere weaponless unless its like to the mini-mart or something stupid like that. Almost all my Greek and male friends carry something.

This person who called 911 would freakout in Montana where it is still legal to carry six shooters on each hip. MONTANA IS AWESOME!

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Insein, I agree - the right to bear arms has done more to protect people's freedoms than the rest of the Bill of Rights combined.

And OCA, you only have the right to face an accuser if you are on trial. Now if it was me, I'd track the bastard down and beat him on on GP (general purpose). But that's just me.

The cops in this case were more wrong than two boys kissing, and should be reprimanded, if not temporarily suspended without pay.

8. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Yepper... I just dont consider the 911 caller an "accuser". It didnt say this person said "this guy has a gun and he's waving it around, blah blah"...

I guess, to a point, it would rest on what that caller said to 911 whether revealing his name is necessary. I still think it was the police that screwed the pooch on this one big time.

9. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Well this guy did do 1 thing wrong, he should've had it concealed which is why you get a concealed weapons permit in the 1st place, i'm sure Connecticut doesn't allow you to walk around with it in the open like Montana.

Regardless the cops when they found out it was legal and instead of ROUGHING this guy up should've politely asked him to conceal it.

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    how do they define 'concealed' in conneticut? I know here in texas that if half the weapon is concealed, then its concealed.