Opinion: Why Arizona is getting so much attention

The libs really have their panties in a twist over Arizona. It's amazing to watch.

The facts of the matter are that the federal government has a Constitutional duty to protect our borders. In an attempt to do that, the federal government has made immigration laws. The fairness of these laws is certainly debatable, however, these are the laws that the federal government has passed. Immigration is a federal jurisdiction.

A border state, or any state for that matter, can enforce laws when the federal government fails to do so. Arizona has done just that and it highlights the incompetence of the federal government.

Anything that highlights this incompetence is to be met with hysterics as the Adored one cannot be criticized. Nevermind that this has nothing to do with the Dear Leader at the moment, but reasoning with the emotionally hysterical is rarely possible.
The Dems see this as a way to reverse their incredibly unpopular agenda using the old standby, claiming everyone who isn't with them 'racist.'

Notice how often this comes up.

oppose stimulous=racist

oppose cap &trade=racist

oppose Barrycare=racist

oppose ILLEAGAL immigration=racist

You get the feeling they say 'racist' because they can't really think of anything else, besides perhaps 'facist' or 'nazi', those other favorite staples of this crowd.

So... tell me.... What's wrong with deporting people who have violated our national sovereignty and laws.... ?

Huh?

Do you suppose there will be a lot of blond, blue-eyed folks stopped and asked for papers? What about illegal immigrants from Scandinavia?

Oh. I guess not. The local constabulary will not be so diligent. Just ask Sheriff Bull Connors in Alabama how equally laws were enforced there.

Conservatives never learn from their previous mistakes.

Perhaps the illegals shouldn't be driving around in vehicles in disrepair...

Maybe you libs can kick in a few bucks to the "Repair an Illegals Car" fund...??
There is some slim, tenuous thread your seem to want to add to the fabric of the discussion here. Something quite new. Car repair? Okay! If it makes you feel better about police harassment, go with that.
I calls 'em as I sees 'em... You're just basing everything off of what you believe will happen...

AZ is just enforcing laws on the books... Don't like it? Don't live there or have the laws repealed... Now go send your money to Cars4Illegals.com...

But if my name is Pete Martin and I'm waiting for a ride to pick me up from my trip to Home Depot, chances are the cops won't hassle me. Can't say that's true if the circumstances were the same, but my name is Pedro Martinez.
Chances are you'll be the only one standing there, since the illegals will scatter if they see a cop car...

Do you suppose there will be a lot of blond, blue-eyed folks stopped and asked for papers? What about illegal immigrants from Scandinavia?

Oh. I guess not. The local constabulary will not be so diligent. Just ask Sheriff Bull Connors in Alabama how equally laws were enforced there.

Conservatives never learn from their previous mistakes.
Let's see. I have green eyes and annoyingly pale skin and I have been asked for my papers countless times.

in DC when entering a bar?
In DC (and the entire metro area) especially, but not when entering a bar. I certainly look of age.

The libs really have their panties in a twist over Arizona. It's amazing to watch.

The facts of the matter are that the federal government has a Constitutional duty to protect our borders. In an attempt to do that, the federal government has made immigration laws. The fairness of these laws is certainly debatable, however, these are the laws that the federal government has passed. Immigration is a federal jurisdiction.

A border state, or any state for that matter, can enforce laws when the federal government fails to do so. Arizona has done just that and it highlights the incompetence of the federal government.

Anything that highlights this incompetence is to be met with hysterics as the Adored one cannot be criticized. Nevermind that this has nothing to do with the Dear Leader at the moment, but reasoning with the emotionally hysterical is rarely possible.
The Dems see this as a way to reverse their incredibly unpopular agenda using the old standby, claiming everyone who isn't with them 'racist.'

oppose stimulous=racist

oppose cap &trade=racist

oppose Barrycare=racist

You get the feeling they say 'racist' because they can't really think of anything else, besides perhaps 'facist' or 'nazi', those other favorite staples of this crowd.

What do you expect? Hard to argue with a straight face that repressive taxation and global warming and open borders make sense.. so... YOU'RE A RACIST!!! It's the argument of the intellectually weak.

oppose stimulous=racist

oppose cap &trade=racist

oppose Barrycare=racist

What do you expect? Hard to argue with a straight face that repressive taxation and global warming and open borders make sense.. so... YOU'RE A RACIST!!! It's the argument of the intellectually weak.
You might be racist for saying that.

the dude abides

people are pissed cause it reminds them of ghestapo tactics "where's your papers"

When the hell has any living American, that's never driven, rented or owned property, traveled outside the country, flown, or gone to school (shot record), NOT been asked, "where's your papers???"

Too funny. Here is an opportunity for immigration reform and the hysterical libs cannot even see that. They might actually be surprised at some common ground, if only they could calm their hysterics.

No, No, NO!.. The fat cat capitalists on wall street must be punished first!

Mother Earth must be saved after that...

Only then would they even consider immigration...

Ok, then.. I'm a racist. Not sure what that word even means any more.. seems to be a catch-all for anyone with whom one disagrees.

There was a story in the news in our area last night about a guy (white) who was detained by police after being questioned as to why he was driving through a part of town that is a predominately black neighborhood. So much so that it caught the attention of 2 officers driving through the area. They pulled him over and asked for his ID and when he couldn't provide a current form of ID, was asked to submit to a vehicle search. It was at this time that the officer discovered a large quantity of drugs in the vehicle and after the arrest was made, it was also determined that this clean cut, mid 20's white guy was also a suspect in a double murder that took place 3 weeks ago.

So, according to the policeman's account, if this guy had not been in the area he was in, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself and they might not have caught him that easily. So is it racial profiling? Or just good cop work? No matter what, look what it did...it got another criminal off the streetsl
No probable cause? Yes, that's racial profiling.

The Arizona law makes it probable for local cops to stop any Latino and ask for papers without probable cause. Just like other repressive regimes have tried through history with "Pass Laws", this Arizona law is nothing more than Jim Crow for the Brown rather than the Black.

Try reading the bill before you make a complete fool of yourself.

It's not so much incompetence...but criminal neglect.

Mother Earth will be here long after we're gone. At least I have the humility to acknowledge that.

in DC when entering a bar?
In DC (and the entire metro area) especially, but not when entering a bar. I certainly look of age.

my experience was, if the bar wants to see ID, they want to see ID from everyone. even from octogenarians with long grey beards.
The only places I go in DC are the pubs for fish n chips and a beer or two and the music. Never been asked. The other types of drinking establishments may ask all for IDs though. I've just never been to those. You are probably right.

The Arizona law makes it probable for local cops to stop any Latino and ask for papers without probable cause. Just like other repressive regimes have tried through history with "Pass Laws", this Arizona law is nothing more than Jim Crow for the Brown rather than the Black.

Total BULLSHIT. I know this is what Obama says, but, once again... he's LYING.

Try reading the bill.

Too funny. Here is an opportunity for immigration reform and the hysterical libs cannot even see that. They might actually be surprised at some common ground, if only they could calm their hysterics.

No, No, NO!.. The fat cat capitalists on wall street must be punished first!

Mother Earth must be saved after that...

That sounds like killing two birds with one stone - environment is quite the racket.

Forum List

Back