Opinion: Why Arizona is getting so much attention

Too funny. Here is an opportunity for immigration reform and the hysterical libs cannot even see that.

First you claim it's identical to the federal law now you claim it's reform.

Which is it? It can't be both.

There are American citizens who look suspiciously like Mexicans. They will be hassled for ID too... for the crime of being Brown.
Translation: Cops are racists.
If this gives you cover, I guess you're entitled to it. After all, how else do you suppose to champion the new Jim Crow?
It would be too intellectual of a challenge to actually compare and contrast Jim Crow laws with Arizona's legislation to enforce federal law. Or maybe it isn't and you're just attempting a lame appeal to emotion for the non-thinkers. Given a choice, I prefer to have thinkers agreeing with me rather than emotional basketcases, but that's just my preference.

Last edited:
There are American citizens who look suspiciously like Mexicans. They will be hassled for ID too... for the crime of being Brown.
Translation: Cops are racists.
If this gives you cover, I guess you're entitled to it. After all, how else do you suppose to champion the new Jim Crow?
racecard11.jpg

Its become quite obvious that they were anticipating a huge controllable underclass of new Democrat voters that would be created by shamnesty. This new law could put a kink in that plan.

Who is the party of "no".now?

Democrats want an Amnesty Provision?

I'm astonished, since they've didn't mention that in their 2008 platform, and Obama didn't say that yesterday when he essentially repeated the Democratic Platform on Immigration almost verbatum.

Call it what you want. "Path to citizenship" is the PC word and the one used in the McCain bill, I believe, that got shot down for resembling "amnesty." But sure, there are undoubtedly plenty of Latinos who have been living in the shadows for years who would like the opportunity to become citizens but that "path" has heretofore meant getting arrested and deported first. Why would they choose that?

I don't know, but Obama just said yesterday they should turn themselves in, pay a fine, learn English, and apply for legal immigration through existing channels.

Why is there no discussion, at least in this thread, about the employers of illegals taking some responsibility? If an employer knowingly hires illegals, all it would need to do is the paperwork to officially sponsor those people for work visas, and then those "illegals" would have on their persons the paperwork required if and when they are stopped for some violation. Sponsoring could be as easy as compiling names and addresses and filling out the proper forms for Immigration, and any airhead clerk could do that job.

Its become quite obvious that they were anticipating a huge controllable underclass of new Democrat voters that would be created by shamnesty. This new law could put a kink in that plan.

There's already a large Latino population throughout the country, and they're already citizens, including millions of Puerto Ricans. So I guess that would poke a hole in your conspiracy theory.

There's already a large Latino population throughout the country, and they're already citizens, including millions of Puerto Ricans. So I guess that would poke a hole in your conspiracy theory.
It's not really a conspiracy theory. The Latino vote is a block prized by both parties. That's why the last administration was incompetent on immigration, too.

No conspiracy. And I would venture to guess some of the legal Hispanics are Republicans. But 12- 20 million is nothing to sneeze at. They will be grateful to whatever party gives them the most free shit. Who can blame them?

Yes. It amazes me how people who don't live in AZ can have zero empathy for the people who live there. Illegal immigration isn't such a big deal where I live but when it becomes so, I would hope our governor would deal with it.

Cavuto said today "Why would it be illegal to arrest illegals who have done something illegal? Makes absolutely no sense.

Yes. It amazes me how people who don't live in AZ can have zero empathy for the people who live there. Illegal immigration isn't such a big deal where I live but when it becomes so, I would hope our governor would deal with it.

Cavuto said today "Why would it be illegal to arrest illegals who have done something illegal? Makes absolutely no sense.
There are barely enough jobs for us townies let alone illegals. I live in the heart of the Rust Belt.

Understand please that it's not a lack of understanding with me. I know what the problems are.

But this bill is a poor solution. You can't get true justice from an unjust law.

Other regimes have tried "Pass Laws" throughout history and failed. Because they learned that unjustly leaning on one segment of the society due to appearance is like a massive dam failure to a free society. The discrimination and harassment can only serve one end. The Latino community in America will be as suspicious and uncooperative with the police as, unfortunately the Black community has. And the "stop snitchin'" attitude will be voiced in Spanish.

The clampdown must be at both the border and the workplace. Why not get behind a measure that would criminalize the hiring of illegal immigrants? That would dry up the spill at its source, so to speak.

But those employers have deep pockets, don't they? So, it's the minority that gets hassled instead. Jim Crow for Brown people instead of Black people.

Last edited:

There are barely enough jobs for us townies let alone illegals. I live in the heart of the Rust Belt.

Understand please that it's not a lack of understanding with me. I know what the problems are.

But this bill is a poor solution. You can't get true justice from an unjust law.

Other regimes have tried "Pass Laws" throughout history and failed. Because they learned that unjustly leaning on one segment of the society due to appearance is like a massive dam failure to a free society. The discrimination and harassment can only serve one end. The Latino community in America will be as suspicious and uncooperative with the police as, unfortunately the Black community has. And the "stop snitchin'" attitude will be voiced in Spanish.

The clampdown must be at both the border and the workplace. Why not get behind a measure that would criminalize the hiring of illegal immigrants? That would dry up the spill at its source, so to speak.

But those employers have deep pockets, don't they? So, it's the minority that gets hassled instead. Jim Crow for Brown people instead of Black people.

That's twice you've tossed out the emotional term, 'Jim Crow'. There is nothing in this legislation that is jimcrowish. Look at the actual legislation. Your comment in that respect is irrelevant.

That's twice you've tossed out the emotional term, 'Jim Crow'. There is nothing in this legislation that is jimcrowish. Look at the actual legislation. Your comment in that respect is irrelevant.

I'm getting fed up with these Democrat assholes doing this every couple of years. The last big racist push was Katrina.

And these idiots just suck it up like the brain-dead assholes they are.

Despite the small amout of irrelevant babbling, there is a point here: The illegals are entering the US because there's someone employing them. Employers with "Deep Pockets?" Frankly, I doubt it.

Large Corporations would simply rather pay for expensive legal labor, or move their operation to a cheaper labor source.

No, illegals are here to mow lawns, hammer nails, pick strawberries, and collect trash.

The libs really have their panties in a twist over Arizona. It's amazing to watch.

The facts of the matter are that the federal government has a Constitutional duty to protect our borders. In an attempt to do that, the federal government has made immigration laws. The fairness of these laws is certainly debatable, however, these are the laws that the federal government has passed. Immigration is a federal jurisdiction.

A border state, or any state for that matter, can enforce laws when the federal government fails to do so. Arizona has done just that and it highlights the incompetence of the federal government.

Anything that highlights this incompetence is to be met with hysterics as the Adored one cannot be criticized. Nevermind that this has nothing to do with the Dear Leader at the moment, but reasoning with the emotionally hysterical is rarely possible.

The federal government hasn't secured our borders--even after decades of promises to do so. Arizona is just trying to enforce Federal laws--and all of the liberals are freakin out over it.

Right now--we have what we now refer to as little Bagdad on the Border--aka Juarez. 800 people slaughtered there since the 1st of the year. This is spilling over our "open" borders into cities such as El Paso, TX and Phoenix AZ.

The governors of these border states have to defend their citizens. And if the Federal Government will not hold up to their obligation--then the states have too.

Despite the small amout of irrelevant babbling, there is a point here: The illegals are entering the US because there's someone employing them. Employers with "Deep Pockets?" Frankly, I doubt it.

Large Corporations would simply rather pay for expensive legal labor, or move their operation to a cheaper labor source.

No, illegals are here to mow lawns, hammer nails, pick strawberries, and collect trash.

They say that if we kicked out all illegals in this California--it would collapse. Have you been to Las Vegas, NV lately? They work--they're in the hotels, the restaurants--they're everywhere.

The problem employers have is identifying them as illegals. After all, we have a President who has no problems what-so-ever--in issuing illegals valid state drivers licenses. Something most citizens of this country use as identification. Obama stated--"they didn't come here to drive" comment. Remember that one?

But--any illegal coming into this country--the very first thing they try and get is identification to show they belong here-- meaning fake birth certificates--a social security number--drivers licenses--etc. And they get them.

To add--it was democrats that wanted to de-fund E-Verify--an online tool for employers to check on immigration status.

Forum List

Back