Opinion: Why Arizona is getting so much attention

The Dems see this as a way to reverse their incredibly unpopular agenda using the old standby, claiming everyone who isn't with them 'racist.'

Notice how often this comes up.

oppose stimulous=racist

oppose cap &trade=racist

oppose Barrycare=racist

oppose ILLEAGAL immigration=racist

You get the feeling they say 'racist' because they can't really think of anything else, besides perhaps 'facist' or 'nazi', those other favorite staples of this crowd.

Your selection of threads hardly says it all. I found very few comments that injected racism in any of those topics.
Considering your normal state of excuse making for Obama that is hardly surprising.

I don't spend a lot of time (actually none at all) in the topic of Racial Issues found on the main page. Do you? Sure there were a few comments wherever I went if the subject of a thread was controversial, and they all are of course, but you give the impression that it's all anyone who support Obama thinks about. And that's just dumb.

REALLY?

Arizona Immigration Law Sparks National Uproar

How is a National "Uproar" different than National "Hysteria?"

Latinos, of course are. I meant here.

I haven't read every single poster's comment.

But, I agree: To be considered "Hysterical" on USMB, takes a certain talent.
Since this term I've chosen seems to be debatable, I'll expand on it. Most posters who generally lean left are hysterical about this. To me, those who are hysterical are more driven by emotions than reason. That applies to many USMB posters on this topic.

No, No, NO!.. The fat cat capitalists on wall street must be punished first!

Mother Earth must be saved after that...

Only then would they even consider immigration...

I would say that the subject is "considered" almost non-stop. The problem, as you well know, is crafting immigration reform so that NO "amnesty" provisions exist (which the Republicans want).

Democrats want an Amnesty Provision?

I'm astonished, since they've didn't mention that in their 2008 platform, and Obama didn't say that yesterday when he essentially repeated the Democratic Platform on Immigration almost verbatum.

Call it what you want. "Path to citizenship" is the PC word and the one used in the McCain bill, I believe, that got shot down for resembling "amnesty." But sure, there are undoubtedly plenty of Latinos who have been living in the shadows for years who would like the opportunity to become citizens but that "path" has heretofore meant getting arrested and deported first. Why would they choose that?

I would say that the subject is "considered" almost non-stop. The problem, as you well know, is crafting immigration reform so that NO "amnesty" provisions exist (which the Republicans want).

I'm astonished, since they've didn't mention that in their 2008 platform, and Obama didn't say that yesterday when he essentially repeated the Democratic Platform on Immigration almost verbatum.

Call it what you want. "Path to citizenship" is the PC word and the one used in the McCain bill, I believe, that got shot down for resembling "amnesty." But sure, there are undoubtedly plenty of Latinos who have been living in the shadows for years who would like the opportunity to become citizens but that "path" has heretofore meant getting arrested and deported first. Why would they choose that?

Excellent! I agree. THIS is exactly where real debate should be. Thanks.

So lookie who just can't help himself from injecting racism every chance he gets.
Lookie at the lefty moonbat who's too dense to see that she's being mocked. :rofl:

I don't even look at your goofy crap. Just assume it comes from the dark corners of your weird mind. Fuck off, asshole, and start acting like a grownup "mod" for a change.

Excellent! I agree. THIS is exactly where real debate should be. Thanks.

Yes, and the same points that have been debated for generations will be going on yet again. So thank you too.

Latinos, of course are. I meant here.

Since this term I've chosen seems to be debatable, I'll expand on it. Most posters who generally lean left are hysterical about this. To me, those who are hysterical are more driven by emotions than reason. That applies to many USMB posters on this topic.

YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!

img2B.jpg

YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!

img2B.jpg
:lol:

I don't know, but Obama just said yesterday they should turn themselves in, pay a fine, learn English, and apply for legal immigration through existing channels.

The libs really have their panties in a twist over Arizona. It's amazing to watch.

The facts of the matter are that the federal government has a Constitutional duty to protect our borders. In an attempt to do that, the federal government has made immigration laws. The fairness of these laws is certainly debatable, however, these are the laws that the federal government has passed. Immigration is a federal jurisdiction.

A border state, or any state for that matter, can enforce laws when the federal government fails to do so. Arizona has done just that and it highlights the incompetence of the federal government.

Anything that highlights this incompetence is to be met with hysterics as the Adored one cannot be criticized. Nevermind that this has nothing to do with the Dear Leader at the moment, but reasoning with the emotionally hysterical is rarely possible.

How typical of the political loon to ignore the criticisms and arguments that are actually being made, stick their head in the sand (or up their ass) and then make up excuses for why there's disagreement.

Can't have people disagreeing with our methods or ideas no sir we have to ostracize them instead of actually debating them.

There was a story in the news in our area last night about a guy (white) who was detained by police after being questioned as to why he was driving through a part of town that is a predominately black neighborhood. So much so that it caught the attention of 2 officers driving through the area. They pulled him over and asked for his ID and when he couldn't provide a current form of ID, was asked to submit to a vehicle search. It was at this time that the officer discovered a large quantity of drugs in the vehicle and after the arrest was made, it was also determined that this clean cut, mid 20's white guy was also a suspect in a double murder that took place 3 weeks ago.

So, according to the policeman's account, if this guy had not been in the area he was in, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself and they might not have caught him that easily. So is it racial profiling? Or just good cop work? No matter what, look what it did...it got another criminal off the streetsl

So clearly if a bad law leads to a single good result by chance we should keep it. Fuck everyone else.

A border state, or any state for that matter, can enforce laws when the federal government fails to do so. Arizona has done just that and it highlights the incompetence of the federal government.

Haven't you answered your own question?
Oh, yes. This is my opinion as to why the libs are so hysterical. Dude also had a good point.

The libs are amazingly hysterical over this.

Well at least they're hysterical over something with substance.

The cons meanwhile have gotten hysterical over

Obama's a Muslim
Obama was born in Kenya
Obama's going to take our guns
Obama's a secret terrorist/Marxist/whatever
The healthcare plan has death panels
etc.

none of those were true.

Forum List

Back