Opinion: Why Arizona is getting so much attention

That's a stone lie.

The AZ law is no more "profiling" than the federal law which isn't being enforced.

Gotta go somewhere else than La Raza for your yapping points, man.
Do you suppose there will be a lot of blond, blue-eyed folks stopped and asked for papers? What about illegal immigrants from Scandinavia?

Oh. I guess not. The local constabulary will not be so diligent. Just ask Sheriff Bull Connors in Alabama how equally laws were enforced there.

Conservatives never learn from their previous mistakes.
Let's see. I have green eyes and annoyingly pale skin and I have been asked for my papers countless times.
With or without probable cause?

That "dual sovereignty" thingy really gets under the thin skin of the Stalinist progressive, because they're all about one-party-one-state central control.

Seems to me that one-party-one-state central control was attempted by the Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh regime not too long ago. Our way or the highway was their mantra.
So, if you were against that then, you must be against it now.

The idiocy of those who invoke tu quoque is just so very easy to highlight. :lol:

Do you suppose there will be a lot of blond, blue-eyed folks stopped and asked for papers? What about illegal immigrants from Scandinavia?

Oh. I guess not. The local constabulary will not be so diligent. Just ask Sheriff Bull Connors in Alabama how equally laws were enforced there.

Let's see. I have green eyes and annoyingly pale skin and I have been asked for my papers countless times.
With or without probable cause?
Both.

No probable cause? Yes, that's racial profiling.

The Arizona law makes it probable for local cops to stop any Latino and ask for papers without probable cause. Just like other repressive regimes have tried through history with "Pass Laws", this Arizona law is nothing more than Jim Crow for the Brown rather than the Black.
That's a stone lie.

The AZ law is no more "profiling" than the federal law which isn't being enforced.

I've been asked for my "papers" every time I've been pulled over in my car.

I get asked for my "papers" every time I check into a hotel.

I now get asked for my "papers" at the friggin' CANADIAN border.

I have a plan for ya...Next time you get pulled over on the highway and get asked for your "papers", start screeching about your civil rights and call the cop a right-wing fascist apparatchik, m'kay?

The Arizona law makes it probable for local cops to stop any Latino and ask for papers without probable cause. Just like other repressive regimes have tried through history with "Pass Laws", this Arizona law is nothing more than Jim Crow for the Brown rather than the Black.
That's a stone lie.

Perhaps the illegals shouldn't be driving around in vehicles in disrepair...

Maybe you libs can kick in a few bucks to the "Repair an Illegals Car" fund...??

That's a stone lie.

I have a plan for ya...Next time you get pulled over on the highway and get asked for your "papers", start screeching about your civil rights and call the cop a right-wing fascist apparatchik, m'kay?
Why were you pulled over? Speeding? Left of center? Tail light out? TA DA! Probable cause!

Was the desk clerk a state official? A cop? No? well, then it's part of the contract between you and the flea bag you slept in that night, isn't it?

And you were leaving the United States and entering a foreign country. Duh!

You just can't get it can you? Swim in the shallow end for a while, I fear for your safety here.

Hysterical? Only with laughter.

First, you dingbats give us the credit on the finacial regulations bill, cave in when it is obvious that this is playing really poorly in Peoria, and make the President look even stronger.

Now, one of your dingbat govenors creates a law that gives us the votes of the Americans of Latino descent. And blindly rant and rave about a policy that you had eight years to correct, and you did nothing.

Sorry, the President has been a bit busy with an economic crisis, health care, and a few other minor things. He will address this soon enough.

I don't see any hysteria at all. Just simple questioning whether AZ's new law doesn't provide a wide birth to legally do racial profiling. They can do whatever they want. I just hope the Arizona State Attorney General's office has a large budget that will cover all the legal judgments they can expect to pay out as a result of lawsuits, not to mention the culpability of local law enforcement officials who will need to defend against such lawsuits by individuals who have valid complaints of unlawful arrests.

Oh, yes. This is my opinion as to why the libs are so hysterical. Dude also had a good point.

The libs are amazingly hysterical over this.

Is there anything about which they're not hysterical?

My theory is that it gives 20-somethings something to do on weekends, and allows guys to meet passionate young hawt wimmins.

Many liberals aren't truly happy unless they're protesting something...

The "Cause du Jour"...

Protesting makes everyone happier, not just liberals (although, I think they have more hawt latinas).

And Maslow explains it thus:

800px-maslows_hierarchy_of_needssvg.png

The lower four layers of the pyramid contain what Maslow called "deficiency needs" or "d-needs": physiological (including sexuality), security of position, friendship and love, and esteem. With the exception of the lowest (physiological) needs, if these "deficiency needs" are not met, the body gives no physical indication but the individual feels anxious and tense.

Last edited:
There was a story in the news in our area last night about a guy (white) who was detained by police after being questioned as to why he was driving through a part of town that is a predominately black neighborhood. So much so that it caught the attention of 2 officers driving through the area. They pulled him over and asked for his ID and when he couldn't provide a current form of ID, was asked to submit to a vehicle search. It was at this time that the officer discovered a large quantity of drugs in the vehicle and after the arrest was made, it was also determined that this clean cut, mid 20's white guy was also a suspect in a double murder that took place 3 weeks ago.

So, according to the policeman's account, if this guy had not been in the area he was in, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself and they might not have caught him that easily. So is it racial profiling? Or just good cop work? No matter what, look what it did...it got another criminal off the streetsl

He shouldn't have agreed to the search

the dude abides

people are pissed cause it reminds them of ghestapo tactics "where's your papers"

First, you dingbats give us the credit on the finacial regulations bill, cave in when it is obvious that this is playing really poorly in Peoria, and make the President look even stronger.

Now, one of your dingbat govenors creates a law that gives us the votes of the Americans of Latino descent. And blindly rant and rave about a policy that you had eight years to correct, and you did nothing.

Sorry, the President has been a bit busy with an economic crisis, health care, and a few other minor things. He will address this soon enough.

I don't see any hysteria at all. Just simple questioning whether AZ's new law doesn't provide a wide birth to legally do racial profiling. They can do whatever they want. I just hope the Arizona State Attorney General's office has a large budget that will cover all the legal judgments they can expect to pay out as a result of lawsuits, not to mention the culpability of local law enforcement officials who will need to defend against such lawsuits by individuals who have valid complaints of unlawful arrests.
Arizona didn't create this law, they are enforcing a federal law.

Arizona didn't 'create' any law. Arizona is enforcing a federal law. The hysterical rarely grasp facts, though; so I understand your confusion.

Then a new law wasn't needed, only a resolution that they would henceforth be enforcing federal law, no exceptions.

That's a stone lie.

Perhaps the illegals shouldn't be driving around in vehicles in disrepair...

Maybe you libs can kick in a few bucks to the "Repair an Illegals Car" fund...??
There is some slim, tenuous thread your seem to want to add to the fabric of the discussion here. Something quite new. Car repair? Okay! If it makes you feel better about police harassment, go with that.

But if my name is Pete Martin and I'm waiting for a ride to pick me up from my trip to Home Depot, chances are the cops won't hassle me. Can't say that's true if the circumstances were the same, but my name is Pedro Martinez.

Too funny. Here is an opportunity for immigration reform and the hysterical libs cannot even see that. They might actually be surprised at some common ground, if only they could calm their hysterics.

Arizona didn't 'create' any law. Arizona is enforcing a federal law. The hysterical rarely grasp facts, though; so I understand your confusion.

Then a new law wasn't needed, only a resolution that they would henceforth be enforcing federal law, no exceptions.
Read the actual legislation. That is exactly what it is.

Last edited:
There was a story in the news in our area last night about a guy (white) who was detained by police after being questioned as to why he was driving through a part of town that is a predominately black neighborhood. So much so that it caught the attention of 2 officers driving through the area. They pulled him over and asked for his ID and when he couldn't provide a current form of ID, was asked to submit to a vehicle search. It was at this time that the officer discovered a large quantity of drugs in the vehicle and after the arrest was made, it was also determined that this clean cut, mid 20's white guy was also a suspect in a double murder that took place 3 weeks ago.

So, according to the policeman's account, if this guy had not been in the area he was in, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself and they might not have caught him that easily. So is it racial profiling? Or just good cop work? No matter what, look what it did...it got another criminal off the streetsl

Disingenuous...

I would suggest actually looking at the content of the law as written... not what YOU assume it to be so that it best suits your warped stance and argument

Yes, the new law was needed.

Do yourself a favor and Google "jurisdiction" and "dual sovereignty".

That's a stone lie.

in DC when entering a bar?

Forum List

Back