ooops. Cop kills cop.

People like him are the reason cops in inner cities stopped chasing bad guys and started "community policing."

Since reading the reports from the other officers on scene, I am swinging around a little to your position. The witnesses say the shooter identified himself and demanded the weapon be dropped before he fired. May have been a clean kill.

I feel bad for the off-duty cop if he did not identify himself.

Rookie mistake.

Kitten, do you have any information regarding radio contact with dispatch in this case?

Learn police procedure or STFU, because it's you who looks a fool, brainwashed by media and braindead from not thinking.

I haven't claimed any procedure was followed or not. You did. Get it? I haven't invoked procedure, you did. Tell us what information you have about this dispatch procedure.

Can you suypport your procedure claim or not?

Based on the few facts the media gave (typical) ... someone didn't follow procedure, of course you ignored when I posted that several times, let's see if it sinks in this time. Based on those few "facts" it would seem that the officer who fired was likely the one that did not follow procedure for many reasons. But again, the media isn't big on giving facts, so ... that's just an educated guess, something you are incapable of. "If it's not on TV it's not real" ... people are just brain dead sheep now it seems, at least you are.

People like him are the reason cops in inner cities stopped chasing bad guys and started "community policing."

Since reading the reports from the other officers on scene, I am swinging around a little to your position. The witnesses say the shooter identified himself and demanded the weapon be dropped before he fired. May have been a clean kill.

Rookie mistake.

The cops who witnessed are saying that he didn't drop the weapon and infact, swung the muzzle through their position.

I may have to change my position on this one.

The shooter was white and the off duty was black too. Will not help the truth to come out easily.

Kittykat, you still on the oblivious wagon over there? You considering what we have in print or still working from the police handbook?

Still sure the shooter is the one? They're syaing he gave a lawful order.....oops....didn't mean to use any kind of offcial term there. They're sayijg he had a gun pointed at him by a guy in plain clothes. unidentified.

Are you goinjg to think with us or are you going to be a knot on a log?

Rookie mistake.

The cops who witnessed are saying that he didn't drop the weapon and infact, swung the muzzle through their position.

The shooter was white and the off duty was black too. Will not help the truth to come out easily.

Kittykat, you still on the oblivious wagon over there? You considering what we have in print or still working from the police handbook?

Still sure the shooter is the one? They're syaing he gave a lawful order.....oops....didn't mean to use any kind of offcial term there. They're sayijg he had a gun pointed at him by a guy in plain clothes. unidentified.

No proof that media ever uses facts ... still using your braindead media as life?

Of coure, I'm assuming the off-duty cop was, indeed asked to drop the gun.

yeah, that is what the news is saying. And of course, that's all we have to go on.

well, except for Kittens dime store police manual. I'm going with the news for now.

never fear people Al Sharpton has it! he's got it covered.

Is Al already on it?

We'llk never know the truth. Better get what you can now cause the water will be so damned murky by Monday we won't know which way is up.

Of coure, I'm assuming the off-duty cop was, indeed asked to drop the gun.

yeah, that is what the news is saying. And of course, that's all we have to go on.

well, except for Kittens dime store police manual. I'm going with the news for now.

Thanks for admitting you are a braindead news-lifer who never really lives.

Kitten, focus.

What information do you have regarding the statements you made about radio calls to dispatch regarding this shooting?

Did you have a source or did you make them up?

Rookie mistake.

The officer (the one that was shot) IDed himself as a cop. I'm not sure if the shooter did.

Rookie mistake.

The officer (the one that was shot) IDed himself as a cop. I'm not sure if the shooter did.

Can you post that info? Must be some info I haven't read.

Witnesses say the New York police officer who fatally shot Officer Omar J. Edwards, an off-duty cop who was holding a gun while chasing a man in East Harlem, identified himself as police and yelled at Edwards to drop his weapon, authorities said Friday.

Edwards had his 9 mm-gun in hand and was chasing a homeless man who had broken into his Nissan car when he was shot and killed Thursday by the plainclothes officer who thought he was an armed criminal, police said.

Another officer at the scene said he saw Edwards turning around with his gun pointed at the two officers and a sergeant pursuing him, according to authorities.

Off-duty NYPD cop fatally shot by fellow officer -- Newsday.com

Can you post that info? Must be some info I haven't read.

Witnesses say the New York police officer who fatally shot Officer Omar J. Edwards, an off-duty cop who was holding a gun while chasing a man in East Harlem, identified himself as police and yelled at Edwards to drop his weapon, authorities said Friday.

Edwards had his 9 mm-gun in hand and was chasing a homeless man who had broken into his Nissan car when he was shot and killed Thursday by the plainclothes officer who thought he was an armed criminal, police said.

Another officer at the scene said he saw Edwards turning around with his gun pointed at the two officers and a sergeant pursuing him, according to authorities.

Off-duty NYPD cop fatally shot by fellow officer -- Newsday.com

Sorry, it was the wrong cop killed cop story.

Kitten, can you supply us with the facts upon which you based your position? Especially the dispatch information you have claimed. Does it exist, even in media land? Or just in kitten land?

I love how few "facts" they are giving ... media junkies ... same old junkies, different drug.

Facts given, but some people are using common sense by the facts given. It was stated in the media that the cop was coming off duty in a sweat shirt and jeans. Most cops I know are not allowed to take their radio's home when they go off duty. He see's a man breaking into his car, he starts chasing the man with his gun drawn. Three plainclothes cops see a un-uniformed man running after someone with a gun drawn. The do a U turn, jump out and command the man to stop. Man starts to turn around (gun still in hand), Cop shoots in what he may have felt was self defense. Why six shots, I don't know. I guess none of us wil, until more details are made public.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that what the media is reporting, is making sense. So far. Not to say, when this is all investigated different things may come to light.

Rookie mistake.

No proof that media ever uses facts ... still using your braindead media as life?

listen,, without the media we would have no basis for conversation on this board.. unless you have a direct feed to the people involved in any event you rely on some sort of media to get your information.. hopefully everyone uses more than one source and still you don't have the whole story.. so i think we get it that you don't like media,, what we don't get is where you get your information if not from media.. what source can your provided that's more reliable??? doyathink?

NYPD police officer killed by cop - CNN.com

It is surely a tough job. The absolute knowledge of when to use deadly force is required. Of course, by the logic of "how could he have known?", "what, do you expect him to be a mind reader?", this killing is not only acceptable, it's good police work.

I'm just wondering why this is an "oops". It's a terrible thing for all concerned. And it appears now that the cop who was killed was pursuing someone else and the ones who shot him may not have identified themselves as cops before they fired.

i'd say that's more than an oops...

NYPD police officer killed by cop - CNN.com

It is surely a tough job. The absolute knowledge of when to use deadly force is required. Of course, by the logic of "how could he have known?", "what, do you expect him to be a mind reader?", this killing is not only acceptable, it's good police work.

I'm just wondering why this is an "oops". It's a terrible thing for all concerned. And it appears now that the cop who was killed was pursuing someone else and the ones who shot him may not have identified themselves as cops before they fired.

i'd say that's more than an oops...

You're right. I was treating this like some have treated the death of the kid in Detroit. Just an oops.

Forum List

Back