'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C.

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C.
By Sara Olkon | Tribune reporter

A third-year student from Lake Bluff has formed Men in Power, a student organization that promises to help men get ahead professionally. But the group's emergence has been controversial, with some critics charging that its premise is misogynistic.

Others say it's about time men are championed, noting that recent job losses hit men harder and that women earn far more bachelor's and master's degrees than do men.

'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C. -- chicagotribune.com

I found this part of the article to demonstrate the hypocrisy that is so common on college campuses today.

"Jessica Pan, president of Women in Business and a fourth-year student, questioned whether Men in Power's goals were being met by existing student groups.

"I'm not sure we really need another student organization that focuses on pre-professional development for men," Pan said, noting that, in just the area of business, there were five or six students groups that were gender-neutral."

My question would be. Why aren't the gender neutral student groups good enough for Miss Pan and the students that are members of Women in Business?

My question would be. Why aren't the gender neutral student groups good enough for Miss Pan and the students that are members of Women in Business?

Silly. *rolls eyes*

Because then it's not about the women, grasping their "power", being a beacon of hope and (in)equality to all the women yet to come. Men are not allowed to take their power or be beacons - it's the rule. :eusa_shhh:

Clearly, men should grovel at the feet of women for all those year of male dominance that they had nothing to do with. i'd support this kind of initiative. For far to long we've come to be required to ignore young men for the sake of young women. Equality is a bitch, I guess.

Forum List

Back