ooops. Cop kills cop.

Kitten, I must insist this go round that you don't debate from make believe land.

Provide any information you have that anyone called anyhting into dispatch.

And you forgot to say HOWDY!

You know too little about police procedure to be debating these topics. It's like when a kindergartener tries to debate physics with a highschooler. Go back to being a career criminal and leave the rest of the world to us law abiding citizens.

Oh kitten, the personal stuff won't work. I have a personal insult shield. I got it in kidergarten.

The partners of the shooter said that before he opened fire the officer identified himself and demanded that Edwards drop his gun, police said at a Friday briefing.

Off-duty NYPD cop fatally shot by fellow officer -- Newsday.com

The officer identified and demanded the weapon be dropped. Hmmmm.....you got any info on that dispatch crap you were ambling about?

Dispatch? Anyone read anything about dispatch getting involved?

You're guessing again kitten.

Anyway, explain how a retarded kid is supposed to knwo better that to run but a trained cop doesn't know to drop his weapon when told.

Seriously, learn about police procedure, just because it wasn't in your sensationalized docudrama news doesn't mean it's not there. Here's a big news story for you: News doesn't give a rat's ass about facts, they want viewers and readers, so they won't tell you much of the story.

You know too little about police procedure to be debating these topics. It's like when a kindergartener tries to debate physics with a highschooler. Go back to being a career criminal and leave the rest of the world to us law abiding citizens.

Oh kitten, the personal stuff won't work. I have a personal insult shield. I got it in kidergarten.

The partners of the shooter said that before he opened fire the officer identified himself and demanded that Edwards drop his gun, police said at a Friday briefing.

The officer identified and demanded the weapon be dropped. Hmmmm.....you got any info on that dispatch crap you were ambling about?

Anyway, explain how a retarded kid is supposed to knwo better that to run but a trained cop doesn't know to drop his weapon when told.

Seriously, learn about police procedure, just because it wasn't in your sensationalized docudrama news doesn't mean it's not there. Here's a big news story for you: News doesn't give a rat's ass about facts, they want viewers and readers, so they won't tell you much of the story.

Focus kitten.

You said that if the cop had called in he would have known there was a pursuit.

Did you make this up?

Did you assume this?

Where did you get this information from?

It is very important and the NYPD may need this valuable tip.

Focus kitten.

Did you make this up?

Did you assume this?

Standard procedure ... try getting your info from more than media.

Focus kitten.

Did you make this up?

Did you assume this?

Kitten, focus.

You said dispatch had the info and the shooter would have known there was a pursuit.

Are you sure?

Did the off duty cop not call in the pursuit?

Did the off duty cop deviate from procedure?

You didn't say it was procedure, you said it was so.

Are you making this up or are you assuming or can you provide support for your claim?

Focus kitten.

Did you make this up?

Did you assume this?

Kitten, focus.

You said dispatch had the info and the shooter would have known there was a pursuit.

Are you sure?

Are you making this up or are you assuming or can you provide support for your claim?

Let me guess, you are one of those people glued to the TV news station 24/7 and never get out ... or you're a criminal evading the law and want to get the cops hands tied even more so you can get away better ...

Kitten, focus.

Are you sure?

Let me guess, you are one of those people glued to the TV news station 24/7 and never get out ... or you're a criminal evading the law and want to get the cops hands tied even more so you can get away better ...

Kitten, Focus.

What information do you have that would lead you to believe that dispatch knew anything was or was not called in?

Did the off duty officer call in?

Why would you assume he did but the shooter did not?

is there a reason?

Why did the cop not drop his weapon? Didn't he know to do that? A retarded kid is supposed to know not to run but a cop doesn't know to drop his weapon, least of all point it at the other cops?

Kitten, I'd like to give you the opportunity to back pedal, take another look and tell us again, maybe not so quickly this time, who made the big mistake here.

Kitten, focus.

Are you sure?

Kitten, Focus.

What information do you have that would lead you to believe that dispatch knew anything was or was not called in?

is there a reason?

Why did the cop not drop his weapon? Didn't he know to do that? A retarded kid is supposed to know not to run but a cop doesn't know to drop his weapon, least of all point it at the other cops?

Kitten, I'd like to give you the opportunity to back pedal, take another look and tell us again, maybe not so quickly this time, who made the big mistake here.

Hmm ... so you dishonestly read more into posts to make a flawed point because logic fails you every time. You have no idea what standard procedure even means and are unwilling to learn more about what cops do in spite of making the laws they have to enforce then whining when they try to do their best. You look for excuses to demonize the people who protect your ass 24/7 ... using only your media filled life and having no idea how to so much as look up something as basic as police procedure much less the guts to talk to a cop on a personal level. When you are no longer blinded by your own hate and media mushed brain, then you can try again, otherwise, your contentions here have demonstrated nothing but foolishness and ignorance.

Kitten, Focus.

is there a reason?

Hmm ... so you dishonestly read more into posts to make a flawed point because logic fails you every time. You have no idea what standard procedure even means and are unwilling to learn more about what cops do in spite of making the laws they have to enforce then whining when they try to do their best. You look for excuses to demonize the people who protect your ass 24/7 ... using only your media filled life and having no idea how to so much as look up something as basic as police procedure much less the guts to talk to a cop on a personal level. When you are no longer blinded by your own hate and media mushed brain, then you can try again, otherwise, your contentions here have demonstrated nothing but foolishness and ignorance.

Seriously, it seems like you are emotionally attached to police. But if you look at both stories objectively, you would see that in both incidents police procedure was not followed.

Focus Kitten.

Did the off duty cop follow procedure? Did he call in the foot pursuit?

Did the other cops call in their pursuit?

Do you know if anyone called in at all?

I don't know. I am going to venture a guess, an educated guess, but a guess.

The off duty cop who caught someone breaking into his car, probably didn't have a radio. If anyone failed to call, the smart money is on him.

I bet the cops on duty did call in and dispatch had no information.

Tell me Kitten, the police procedure expert, is it a viable dfense to claim that you shot the guy because dispatch had no info?

I mean, explain to me again, because I am so unaware of how this works, how much liability the dispatcher, over the radio, has for a police officers decision to shoot.

Do you know how that works? Please tell us. I'll bet we have some friendly police officers standing by to help you if you like.

Kitten, Focus.

is there a reason?

Seriously, it seems like you are emotionally attached to police. But if you look at both stories objectively, you would see that in both incidents police procedure was not followed.

I said that this incident they didn't follow procedure, SW seems to think it was procedure. The other one they did.

Focus Kitten.

Did the off duty cop follow procedure? Did he call in the foot pursuit?

Did the other cops call in their pursuit?

Do you know if anyone called in at all?

I don't know. I am going to venture a guess, an educated guess, but a guess.

The off duty cop who caught someone breaking into his car, probably didn't have a radio. If anyone failed to call, the smart money is on him.

I bet the cops on duty did call in and dispatch had no information.

Tell me Kitten, the police procedure expert, is it a viable dfense to claim that you shot the guy because dispatch had no info?

I mean, explain to me again, because I am so unaware of how this works, how much liability the dispatcher, over the radio, has for a police officers decision to shoot.

Do you know how that works? Please tell us. I'll bet we have some friendly police officers standing by to help you if you like.

Being dishonest on purpose doesn't make you right. I already said in this case someone did not follow procedure, most likely it was the one who fired their weapon, but the news doesn't report many facts.

Kitten, do you have any information regarding radio contact with dispatch in this case?

NYPD police officer killed by cop - CNN.com

It is surely a tough job. The absolute knowledge of when to use deadly force is required. Of course, by the logic of "how could he have known?", "what, do you expect him to be a mind reader?", this killing is not only acceptable, it's good police work.

it takes a special kind of person to use a tragic death to make points on a message board.

kudos.

People like him are the reason cops in inner cities stopped chasing bad guys and started "community policing."

Kitten, do you have any information regarding radio contact with dispatch in this case?

Learn police procedure or STFU, because it's you who looks a fool, brainwashed by media and braindead from not thinking.

I haven't claimed any procedure was followed or not. You did. Get it? I haven't invoked procedure, you did. Tell us what information you have about this dispatch procedure.

Can you suypport your procedure claim or not?

People like him are the reason cops in inner cities stopped chasing bad guys and started "community policing."

Since reading the reports from the other officers on scene, I am swinging around a little to your position. The witnesses say the shooter identified himself and demanded the weapon be dropped before he fired. May have been a clean kill.

Forum List

Back