ooops. Cop kills cop.

You guys want perfect results in imperfect situations.

Some jobs require the absolute quest for perfection, everytime. If you have the decision to take a life or not, you damned well better be right. If it was your husband or son, you'd think a lot differently.

Why don't you tell us what your resolution to this problem is then?

My resolution is the same in both cases. Neither cop, the one that tasered the kid, nor the one that shot another cop, is fit to be a police officer. Being a cop is a lot like being a surgeon. You don't get to fuck up. Some jobs are just like that. If you do, you are responsible. You don't taser unarmed kids and you don't shoot at unidentified subjects running down the street. This isn't even brain surgery.

So, how do we prevent it in the future? Disarm the police?

The qiestion here is really simple:

What can you assume about a SUSPECT that runs?

Why don't you tell us what your resolution to this problem is then?

My resolution is the same in both cases. Neither cop, the one that tasered the kid, nor the one that shot another cop, is fit to be a police officer. Being a cop is a lot like being a surgeon. You don't get to fuck up. Some jobs are just like that. If you do, you are responsible. You don't taser unarmed kids and you don't shoot at unidentified subjects running down the street. This isn't even brain surgery.

Of course not. The overwhelming majority of police don't use excessive force. The ones that do, you make examples of. There isn't much choice. Make a bad decision, like shooting at a suspect running down the street? Tough turkey. You're done. Officers are quite aware of the consequences of firing at people with a weapon.

Of course not. The overwhelming majority of police don't use excessive force. The ones that do, you make examples of. There isn't much choice. Make a bad decision, like shooting at a suspect running down the street? Tough turkey. You're done. Officers are quite aware of the consequences of firing at people with a weapon.

Then the cops will let everyone go. The outcome alone is not worthy of your bleeding heart hindsightedness.

You'll never get a cop to take a shot or taser someone no matter how justified they feel they are.

Which is what you really want.

Then the cops will let everyone go. The outcome alone is not worthy of your bleeding heart hindsightedness.

You'll never get a cop to take a shot or taser someone no matter how justified they feel they are.

Which is what you really want.

Bingo.

Ok, you are way too slow on that one. You either already dead or you suspect got away.

Which cop made the biggest mistake? Can you answer that?

Was it the cop who was running, unidentified with a gun or the cop that shot at an unidentified man with a gun?

Come on, this was clear as day when it was a retarded kid running away.

Why the different tack now?

That's nice.

I got three Latinos working on my house now. I am going to buy them lunch. They want me to put on Hannity.

Go figure.

This is where constant and proper training comes into play. When an officer has fear or complacency, mistakes (usually fatal) are bound to happen. That officer has the life of of others at his fingertips and he needs to have the proper judgment to ensure that those lives as well as his own are protected at all costs.

Forum List

Back