Only knew him from Green Acres

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013

But he was the perfect actor for that part.

Iā€™ve seen him in some old movies before green acres. Do you know that back then a really successful role on a really successful tv show could kill your career after the show ends. Itā€™s hard to take GillIran seriously in any other role.

He was old and probably rich enough to be able to retire When the show ended. And when I say retire I mean sit at hone waiting for your agent to call with a good opportunity. If they never call you just say you retired but like Betty White you never really retire

Iā€™ve seen him in some old movies before green acres. Do you know that back then a really successful role on a really successful tv show could kill your career after the show ends. Itā€™s hard to take GillIran seriously in any other role.

He was old and probably rich enough to be able to retire When the show ended. And when I say retire I mean sit at hone waiting for your agent to call with a good opportunity. If they never call you just say you retired but like Betty White you never really retire
Max Baer Jr had a similar problem.

They only wanted him for Jethro roles, so he went into directing and producing.

Rarely showed up in front of the camera after the Hillbillies ended

Forum List

Back