One less "Job Saved" for the President

Well hopefully that link will be of some help.

Here's another link I came across too:

Job-Hunt.Org: Florida Jobs, Jobs in Florida, Florida Careers and Job Search Resources

A huge list of links to say the least, but less specific.

I can see that.

One of the things that has had me concerned is that employers no longer place ads in the newspapers. Everyone does it online. Making it that much more difficult to get your resume noticed. It appears that I am going to have to learn a new method of job seeking.

Immie

I'm running into the same thing. I wonder if there's any information out there on tailoring a resume to match the search terms employers in certain fields are likely to use? I've looked, no luck yet but there has to be something....

The President can no longer claim to have saved my job. Alas, but eight good years have come to an end. My company has been struggling for more than two years and recently my employer decided that he could no longer afford to keep me on the payroll. Today, he dropped the bombshell. Although, it is not like I didn't know it was coming. I was the controller and I knew it was bound to happen.

It was not the best decision to make, but since it is an family owned business, it was me or the President's wife/CEO's daughter-in-law and guess who won. :(

I don't blame my employer. If I didn't need the job, I would have volunteered to go a year ago. They couldn't afford me and I knew it.

I wish the company well and tried to leave gracefully, but it was difficult.

I have already started my planning for this job hunt. In fact, started a few weeks ago, but I'm not ready for this.

Note to the President... please take my job off of your phony list. God Bless and may God guide you forward.

Immie

Immie,, so sorry about your job. Are you eligible for unemployment while you look? That will help some.

Yes, as far as I know, I am eligible. I filed this afternoon. I understand the Unemployment requirements and as far as I can see there is no reason at all that I would not qualify.

I received a letter from my employer stating that my position was being eliminated and that it had nothing whatsoever to do with my job performance. The President of the company also stated that he had a Letter of Recommendation for me, but he didn't want to give it to me if I got pissed off and started getting nasty. Me? Nasty? Do you think after eight years, he might know more about me than I thought? :lol:

I asked him, his dad and his wife to lunch on Tuesday... they buy of course so we could go over some things that they need to know. I don't envy them trying to fill my shoes. Not that I am the only one that could possibly do that job, but, I had a lot of information stored in my bald head that I kept to myself... to prolong the inevitable maybe?

I will get that letter on Tuesday.

Immie

:clap2::clap2::clap2: good for you Immie. when things turn around and I pray that they do,, you will be the first employee they think of re hiring! Good luck too you. Stay positive.

I'm running into the same thing. I wonder if there's any information out there on tailoring a resume to match the search terms employers in certain fields are likely to use? I've looked, no luck yet but there has to be something....

Try monster.com?

Hotjobs is another. As is careerbuilder. Even Craigslist.

Last edited:

Try monster.com?

Hotjobs is another. As is careerbuilder. Even Craigslist.

Craigs list? Only one kinda JOB I heard you cna find on there!

Well hopefully that link will be of some help.

Here's another link I came across too:

Job-Hunt.Org: Florida Jobs, Jobs in Florida, Florida Careers and Job Search Resources

A huge list of links to say the least, but less specific.

I can see that.

One of the things that has had me concerned is that employers no longer place ads in the newspapers. Everyone does it online. Making it that much more difficult to get your resume noticed. It appears that I am going to have to learn a new method of job seeking.

Immie

I was shocked at how much the job market had changed from 13 years ago, and how much resources had moved from the old line methods to new methods.

Our department knew something bad was on the way for quite a while. I just kind of wish the cup had been passed to some other folks. But I didn't know who else I wished it would be passed to.

Part of the problem is that the job market is the worst I have ever seen it here. If I had the option, I would be elsewhere in an instant.

Anyway, good luck.

Sorry to hear that. It's tough for many right now I wish you well in your new search.

Forum List

Back