One less "Job Saved" for the President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Immanuel, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    The President can no longer claim to have saved my job. Alas, but eight good years have come to an end. My company has been struggling for more than two years and recently my employer decided that he could no longer afford to keep me on the payroll. Today, he dropped the bombshell. Although, it is not like I didn't know it was coming. I was the controller and I knew it was bound to happen.

It was not the best decision to make, but since it is an family owned business, it was me or the President's wife/CEO's daughter-in-law and guess who won. :(

I don't blame my employer. If I didn't need the job, I would have volunteered to go a year ago. They couldn't afford me and I knew it.

I wish the company well and tried to leave gracefully, but it was difficult.

I have already started my planning for this job hunt. In fact, started a few weeks ago, but I'm not ready for this.

Note to the President... please take my job off of your phony list. God Bless and may God guide you forward.

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I am sorry to hear that. Know that you are not alone out there. I have a couple of family members who are small business in the construction industry and they have been slaughtered in this recession. One of them had to lay off all of their employees . They tell me they are not even getting service calls and that the only calls they are getting are from people looking for work. Hang in there and good luck.

3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Sorry to hear about that Immie. Is your state still losing jobs badly or slightly recovering?

And hopefully you can get a new job soon.

4. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Good luck Immie.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,982
    Sorry to hear that.

I lost my job in the beginning of November - which makes sense, I work in election politics, and the organization I worked for didn't have the money to pay me through the off-season. Luckily, I got some fairly high-profile offers for the 2010 election season, but there was still a good 2 months of "What the fuck am I gonna do?".

Good luck on the job hunt.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Immie,
    I know how you're feeling. Today it was announced our school building is staying open, but we're 'merging' with another school. Everyone will have to reinterview for their position, knowing they want a 50/50 staffing from the two schools.

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Bummer. I am dammed sorry to hear that Immie. Best of trails to ya on a new job.

8. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    so sorry immie..

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

Immie,, so sorry about your job. Are you eligible for unemployment while you look? That will help some.

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Yes, as far as I know, I am eligible. I filed this afternoon. I understand the Unemployment requirements and as far as I can see there is no reason at all that I would not qualify.

I received a letter from my employer stating that my position was being eliminated and that it had nothing whatsoever to do with my job performance. The President of the company also stated that he had a Letter of Recommendation for me, but he didn't want to give it to me if I got pissed off and started getting nasty. Me? Nasty? Do you think after eight years, he might know more about me than I thought? :lol:

I asked him, his dad and his wife to lunch on Tuesday... they buy of course so we could go over some things that they need to know. I don't envy them trying to fill my shoes. Not that I am the only one that could possibly do that job, but, I had a lot of information stored in my bald head that I kept to myself... to prolong the inevitable maybe?

I will get that letter on Tuesday.

Immie