OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery

He said no such thing. As a matter of fact the crazy left tried to intimidate (minority?) voters with an ad that claimed that voting records are public information and that the social network would find out if you voted for Moore and it would cost you in violence and intimidation.

Last edited:
What part of "even though" don't you left wing whackos not understand?.

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we were gassing Jews -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Adolf Hitler, reminiscing from his hideout in Argentina

Hitler said 'even though we were gassing Jews'- so its okay.

He said no such thing. As a matter of fact the crazy left tried to intimidate (minority?) voters with an ad that claimed that voting records are public information and that the social network would find out if you voted for Moore and it would cost you in violence and intimidation.

This is what he said. Do you agree with him?

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we had slavery -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Roy Moore

:lol:

Roy Moore said the last time America was "great" was during "slavery"

Roy Moore, the Alabama Senate candidate under fire for alleged sexual misconduct with teenage girls when he was in his 30s, apparently believes America was a better place at a time when slavery was still legal.

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the few African-Americans in attendance at the rally, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Roy Moore, the Alabama Senate candidate under fire for alleged sexual misconduct with teenage girls when he was in his 30s, apparently believes America was a better place at a time when slavery was still legal.

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the few African-Americans in attendance at the rally, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Indeed. "At that time". Not "because of".

Sophomoric propaganda attempt.

That does not really make it any better.

And?

It certainly does, if one understands English. The title of the piece is the first lie.

He could have said anything in response to that question.

“America was great after WW2, during the post-war boom”

“America was great after 9/11, when an act of terror united every American”

“America is great now, and always will be”

Instead he says (to an African American), “America was great back during the slave days”

Derp!

It certainly does, if one understands English. The title of the piece is the first lie.

No, it really does not.

Whether it was because of it or just during it Moore thinks that the last time our country was great was when white people could own black people and women could not vote. And that is a fucked up opinion to hold.

No, it really does not.

Oh, but it really does.

No, it really does not.

Oh, but it really does.

Sorry, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it still will not be true. Thinking that our country has not been great since we got rid of slavery and allowed women to vote shows very clearly the character of the person who said such a thing. The fact you would defend it does not reflect well on you at all.

He's right.

No, it really does not.

Oh, but it really does.

Sorry, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it still will not be true. Thinking that our country has not been great since we got rid of slavery and allowed women to vote shows very clearly the character of the person who said such a thing. The fact you would defend it does not reflect well on you at all.

Your distaste for reality is most telling. You proceed from a viewpoint gone awry.

I'm defending nothing. Merely criticizing a particularly awkward propaganda piece.

He's right.

By loons,

the rest of America recognizes both the deplorability of the statement and great strides this country has made towards it's constitutional promises of equality.

Maybe if Roy was black or a woman he'd have a different view on the "good ol' times" :rolleyes:

Pretty damning

"I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

40%
of the families in the south were enslaved.....Moore thought those families were united

Pretty damning

"I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

I'm sure your analysis detailing how it is "damning" is forthcoming. "Even though" is not "because of".

He's right.
At least you’re being honest. Unlike others in this thread, you’re not trying to reshape what he said. I mean, if you really believe that, you’re wrong and completely nuts, but at least your response was genuine.

Forum List

Back