OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery
DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

In Alabama, the heart of Trump country, many think he's backing the wrong candidate in Senate race

wow, early 18th century! This guy is something else.

• Banned
Pretty much when we were a third world country as 65-70% farmed, mistreated other people and there was no rights for the workers.

most children died before adulthood from disease
Most children didn't have education

What a sick fucker.

Pretty much when we were a third world country as 65-70% farmed, mistreated other people and there was no rights for the workers.

most children died before adulthood from disease
Most children didn't have education

What a sick fucker.

You are the sick fucker. You can't even begin to grasp what he was getting at.

There are least some rumblings that businesses may avoid Alabama if Moore is elected. Boycotts of one form or another. lol, Alabama may be looking back fondly on the good old days of 2017.

Another lying thread title. He qualified the time period. And it's a time period where the family was the center of one's life. A time of Little House on the Prairie. Tom Sawyer. Little Women.

Well lets see what he actually said

In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience — who asked when Moore thought America was last “great” -- Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: “I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we had slavery -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

I am not sure why he thought that slavery was when 'families were united' since slave owners broke up families.....

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

In Alabama, the heart of Trump country, many think he's backing the wrong candidate in Senate race

What time period do you think was so great?

According to blacks they are still oppressed. So any time period will be one where blacks were oppressed.

I guess if he would had answered, ”Never, America has never been great because we have always opppressed blacks”, then you would be applauding him?

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

What time period do you think was so great?

According to blacks they are still oppressed. So any time period will be one where blacks were oppressed.

I guess if he would had answered, ”Never, America has never been great because we have always opppressed blacks”, then you would be applauding him?

Yeah. I think blacks still prefer a time when they aren't whipped, raped, murdered and forced into slave labor. I'm just throwing assumptions out there. :dunno:

I bet this fucker thinks the dark ages and the black death was a great period in history!

I bet you are too mentally incompetent to understand his point. I am certainly no supporter of Roy Moore. I hope he loses the election, but nowhere in those comments did he support slavery. Typical faux over reaction by ignorant and dishonest people.

I think the guy's a nut, but he provided a caveat right there in the freaking quote.

This is why partisans just can't be believed. They stretch damn near everything to the absurd.

what caveat is that? that "despite slavery".... ?

that isn't a caveat. that shows that what he thinks is great applies only to people who look like him.

cause i don't know about you, but when my grandmother came here, she thought it was pretty good because it was better than Russia and drunk anti-semites didn't break her windows on sundays after they got lit. but reality was that at 12 she went to work in a sweat shop doing piecework.

I'm pretty sure she'd have said America was better a year ago than it was in 1912.... or any time before that.

Another lying thread title. He qualified the time period. And it's a time period where the family was the center of one's life. A time of Little House on the Prairie. Tom Sawyer. Little Women.

Well lets see what he actually said

In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience — who asked when Moore thought America was last “great” -- Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: “I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we had slavery -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

I am not sure why he thought that slavery was when 'families were united' since slave owners broke up families.....

They were united against black people.

You know, the good old days.

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

No, 'we' didn't have slavery. YOU had slavery.

What the hell are you blathering on about? The north had slavery. As a matter of fact it was the great shipping families of the north that made their fortunes running slaves from Africa to America.

Biggest enablers of slavery were Yankees.

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

No, 'we' didn't have slavery. YOU had slavery.

What the hell are you blathering on about? The north had slavery. As a matter of fact it was the great shipping families of the north that made their fortunes running slaves from Africa to America.

Biggest enablers of slavery were Yankees.

America had slaves. And Moore thinks that was when we were our greatest.

Because that was when families were kept together- unless they were slaves being sold off.

Forum List

Back