O'Keefe tweeted about planned sting of Sen. Landrieu's office

:cuckoo: Just sayin!
:badgrin:

While I'm on my soapbox ...

I'm tired of these lame "innocent until proven guilty" BS posts. The VAST majority of people here are HUGE hypocrites when something like this happens. They are quick to judge the "other side" and then play the "innocent until proven guilty" card when it's "one of them." Shit, I've prolly done it myself a time or two. This isn't the court of law we are dealing in here, folks ... this is the court of public opinion. These fuckers were caught RED HANDED. My opinion is that these guys are guilty as all hell and I'm not apologetic about it one bit.

These fuckers were not caught red handed. They were not in the process of tapping the damned phones, they were dressed as telephone repair guys. So fucking what?

I ALWAYS - no matter who is involved and no matter what the circumstances - insist that we need ALL the facts - not some media story - on which to make judgements. You will see, for instance, that I was about the only person on here who wasn't screaming terrorist with the Hood shooting.

I like facts and evidence, not some shit from the media.

I know that they weren't caught tapping the phones. Read the criminal complaint filed. They are being charged with a felony .... a felony they were caught in the act of doing.

You will see, for instance, that I was about the only person on here who wasn't screaming terrorist with the Hood shooting.

There were a bunch of people here who weren't screaming that. In fact, I think a healthy debate broke out at one point on whether or not it was a terrorist act. What I don't remember is anyone saying that Hassan was guilty until proven innocent and meaning it. It was clear the guy was guilty as shit.

The kid hasn't been charged with wiretapping, nor does that seem to have been the intent.

Nothing will come of this case.

Perhaps but something will come of this case:

face charges of entering federal property on false pretenses as part of a plot to tamper with the lawmaker's phone. If convicted, they could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
They are obviously guilty if the reports are true of entering federal property on false pretenses as part of a plot to tamper with the lawmaker's phone.

My guess? They'll all cut some deal or try to. However, what takes the biggest hit here is the kind of movement that O'Keefe created in a way.
What you are doing here is called grasping at straws.

The intent was not to wiretap, but expose unresponsive public officials, IE wistleblowing.

No judge is going to allow any real 'punishment' for such a thing, especailly not in that state.
I'm not sure I'd call tampering with the phone system whistleblowing, but of course you are free to do so.

IMO, gaining access to a federal office under false pretenses is something no one should condone.

thanks for showing me evidence he was going to tap the phones. :eusa_whistle:

he made the tweet before he committed the act, thus giving its value for truth greater weight. further, only a moron believes that breaking the law means everything you say is a lie. you have provided no evidence, i wonder why.

Are you kidding me? Do you think he's going to come out directly and say he's going to tap the phone of a U.S. Senator who is apart of the Homeland Security Commission?

Mary Landrieu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a matter of national security either way you look at it. If it were anyone else, you'd be saying throw the book at them. Don't be a hypocrite.

Only a moron believes the self-denial shit you just spewed.

lol, i didn't deny anything, i asked you if you had any evidence that shows he was going to wiretap. instead of providing any evidence, you insult me and lie about what i said.

i'll take as resounding no. no yurt i do not have any evidence, all i have is pure conjecture and since you backed me into a corner, i will lash out and ad hom you to death in the hopes i look smart.
I read they claimed they weren't going to tap the phones, instead they were going to disable the phone system.

Not as big of a crime, but interfering with the business conducted by an elected official that happens to be on the Homeland Security task force is bad enough.

I hate to point out the obvious here, but if these guys were just trying to get footage of Landrieu's staff why did they ask for access to the main telephone system - in a closet - in different office - where they kept up the pretense? Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

In the reception area, Mr. Flanagan, the son of acting U.S. Attorney Bill Flanagan in Shreveport, and Mr. Basel asked for access to the main phone at the reception desk.

After handling the phone, Mr. Letten's office said, they asked for access to a phone closet so they could work on the main phone system. The men were directed to another office in the building, where they are accused of again misrepresenting themselves as telephone repairmen.

ACORN-sting activist held in Landrieu office incident - Washington Times

Who knows what they were actually trying to do? It'll come out in court (if it ever gets that far). But face it people, they're nutters of the highest order.

They are not 'nutters' at all, just kids trying to expose corruption.

You want nutters, start looking in Congress, its filled with them.

You keep telling yourself that. ;)

These guys had some kind of plan to crusade for a "cause" by committing a felony. That being misrepresenting their identities in order to gain access to a Federal building so they could tamper with a US Senator's phones in some way. A US Senator, I might add, who handles national security issues and information as part of her job. There are plenty of legal ways to express displeasure with the woman, why commit a felony if you're not a nutbar?

I think they wanted to get Landrieu's Office to admit that they like the phones not working because call from "Constituents" are annoying and unnecessary

G-d be with you, James O'Keefe, stay strong!

washingtonpost.com

On New Year's Eve, conservative activist James O'Keefe telegraphed across the Internet that he was up to something big.

On the social networking site Twitter, he said that his past undercover video stings had exposed wrongdoing at Democratic-leaning organizations -- and he foreshadowed one more in the offing.

"2008: Planned Parenthood VPs fired 2009: ACORN defunded 2010: Get ready cuz this is about to get heavy," he wrote on his public Twitter page, dubbed "JamesOKeefeIII."

Conservative supporters say O'Keefe's newest operation occurred just days ago. Federal prosecutors allege that he helped carry out a plot Monday in which two partners impersonated telephone repairmen to enter the downtown New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.). O'Keefe, 25, waited inside the office and used his cellphone to record his two colleagues saying that the senator's phone was not receiving calls, according to charges unsealed Tuesday.

Garrison Jordan, attorney for one of the faux repairmen, Robert Flanagan, said his client did not think he was doing anything illegal.

"It was obviously a big mistake on his part," Jordan said. "He just got caught up in a stupid stunt."

"We're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison." - Office Space

Thoughts about him possibly tweeting about this online? Oh, and that guy needs a new lawyer.

So he was trying to crash the phone system - in order to set up a fake situation where calls couldn't get through - in order to be able to film said situation as "fact" and a "sting"?:cuckoo:

That calls into question all of his stunts.

Creating "corruption" is not the same thing as "exposing" corruption.:eusa_eh:

washingtonpost.com

On New Year's Eve, conservative activist James O'Keefe telegraphed across the Internet that he was up to something big.

On the social networking site Twitter, he said that his past undercover video stings had exposed wrongdoing at Democratic-leaning organizations -- and he foreshadowed one more in the offing.

"2008: Planned Parenthood VPs fired 2009: ACORN defunded 2010: Get ready cuz this is about to get heavy," he wrote on his public Twitter page, dubbed "JamesOKeefeIII."

Conservative supporters say O'Keefe's newest operation occurred just days ago. Federal prosecutors allege that he helped carry out a plot Monday in which two partners impersonated telephone repairmen to enter the downtown New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.). O'Keefe, 25, waited inside the office and used his cellphone to record his two colleagues saying that the senator's phone was not receiving calls, according to charges unsealed Tuesday.

"We're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison." - Office Space

Thoughts about him possibly tweeting about this online? Oh, and that guy needs a new lawyer.

So he was trying to crash the phone system - in order to set up a fake situation where calls couldn't get through - in order to be able to film said situation as "fact" and a "sting"?:cuckoo:

That calls into question all of his stunts.

All it calls into question is your reading comprehension

You do realize the crime he committed correct? He may get a plea bargain, but that would involve him admitting he committed crimes. And at this point, I doubt he'll do that because he would be shooting himself in the foot after saying he's innocent.

People change their plea all the time. And if this guy thinks that they aren't going to come down heavily on him if he makes them go to trial, he's p'nuts.

I predict a plea in exchange for the names of the people who paid for his operation and what was involved in the planning.

ummm... difference is Woodward and Bernstein were legitimate reporters who uncovered a crime. They weren't looking for a crime to fabricate.

This kid isn't Woodward and Bernstein...he's the plumbers... and he's a nutter and a criminal.

ummm... difference is Woodward and Bernstein were legitimate reporters who uncovered a crime. They weren't looking for a crime to fabricate.

This kid isn't Woodward and Bernstein...he's the plumbers... and he's a nutter and a criminal.
Its crazy posts like this that really surprise me some times.

You know better yet you persist in trying to paint wistleblowers as criminals because you didn't like that he chopped ACORN.

You are better then this.

OK, here's what really happened.

O'Keefe went into the office to get videotape of Landrieu's Office saying "there's nothing wrong with our phones" exposing her unwillingness to take calls on ObamaCare.

They wanted footage of Mary ignoring Constituents, they had no plans to tamper with the phones

"Last month, protesters marched in front of Landrieu's office in Baton Rouge to criticize her support for health care legislation and complain that they couldn't get through on her office phones. Landrieu said at the time that her office received a high volume of calls.

"Our lines have been jammed for weeks, and I apologize," Landrieu said in interview with The Advocate of Baton Rouge in December. "But no amount of jamming is going to keep me from supporting a good work for Louisiana and the nation."

Lawyer: Phone scheme meant to embarrass senator

Democracy in action, people exercising their First Amendment rights, sure it's not pretty but it's better than trying to blow up police HQ like Obama's friend and mentor did at the same age

Last edited:

You know better yet you persist in trying to paint wistleblowers as criminals because you didn't like that he chopped ACORN.

In this case, the "whistle blower" was not, and he committed a criminal act.

I don't see him as a whistleblower. I see him as a criminal.

Don't make him into some heroic figure. He's no better than Nixon's guys. He's paid like they were to find something to sabotage her with....

no more, no less. he's a hack...and not a very good one. the fact that you have a personal animosity toward ACORN, for whatever reason, isn't good enough reason to think this guy is anything less than contemptible.

Tell me why he needed two people to pretend to be from the phone company? The whole point of his "investigation" was to catch her not answering calls. How could she do that if these people were suppose to be there to fix the phone? If you want to catch someone legitimately not answering phones, why would you tell them there is something wrong with them?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back