O'Keefe tweeted about planned sting of Sen. Landrieu's office

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
washingtonpost.com

On New Year's Eve, conservative activist James O'Keefe telegraphed across the Internet that he was up to something big.

On the social networking site Twitter, he said that his past undercover video stings had exposed wrongdoing at Democratic-leaning organizations -- and he foreshadowed one more in the offing.

"2008: Planned Parenthood VPs fired 2009: ACORN defunded 2010: Get ready cuz this is about to get heavy," he wrote on his public Twitter page, dubbed "JamesOKeefeIII."

Conservative supporters say O'Keefe's newest operation occurred just days ago. Federal prosecutors allege that he helped carry out a plot Monday in which two partners impersonated telephone repairmen to enter the downtown New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.). O'Keefe, 25, waited inside the office and used his cellphone to record his two colleagues saying that the senator's phone was not receiving calls, according to charges unsealed Tuesday.

Supporters say O'Keefe and his friends entered Landrieu's office to conduct another undercover sting: to show on video that citizens trying to call Landrieu's office could not get through. Now O'Keefe -- a celebrated figure among some Republicans for his undercover sting last fall targeting the nonprofit Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) -- and three other men face charges of entering federal property on false pretenses as part of a plot to tamper with the lawmaker's phone. If convicted, they could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

O'Keefe considers himself a journalist with creative approaches to exposing wrongdoing. He told conservative talk show host Glenn Beck that he was not afraid to go to prison if necessary to do his work. In late December, he again tweeted about the power of undercover citizen-journalists.

Garrison Jordan, attorney for one of the faux repairmen, Robert Flanagan, said his client did not think he was doing anything illegal.

"It was obviously a big mistake on his part," Jordan said. "He just got caught up in a stupid stunt."

"We're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison." - Office Space

Thoughts about him possibly tweeting about this online? Oh, and that guy needs a new lawyer.

This is just stupid. Id hate to be his defense attorney

One of the other guy's defense attorneys isn't helping their case to say the least. Only question is which one of them are going to try and cut a deal first as to not spend the next 5 years in prison. :eusa_think:

Last edited:
He's going to be learning all about the homosexual agenda in prison.

It can be his new undercover documentary. I do have a feeling that one of them is going to cut a deal if they haven't already. They don't seem like the type that are going to be withstand any sort of pressure.

See what I did there. :razz:

It can be his new undercover documentary. I do have a feeling that one of them is going to cut a deal if they haven't already. They don't seem like the type that are going to be withstand any sort of pressure.

um, if they are all first time offenders, they will ALL likely get some kind of a plea bargain

gotta wonder why someone that claims to be open minded is taking such glee in this

um, if they are all first time offenders, they will ALL likely get some kind of a plea bargain

Where the hell have you been?

You do realize the crime he committed correct? He may get a plea bargain, but that would involve him admitting he committed crimes. And at this point, I doubt he'll do that because he would be shooting himself in the foot after saying he's innocent.

gotta wonder why someone that claims to be open minded is taking such glee in this

I am open minded. However, when their own lawyer says they consider this some stupid stunt and not any actual crime, then you know they're fucked.

I'm taking glee out of this but the guy is a fucking idiot for trying to tap the phone of someone involved in Homeland Security. He knew exactly what exactly he was getting himself involved in and I hold no sympathy for him.

Last edited:
The kid hasn't been charged with wiretapping, nor does that seem to have been the intent.

Nothing will come of this case.

Forum List

Back