OK RWers, Lets Say They Scrap The Bill, Start Over If You Will...

Then what?

What do you do to actually IMPROVE the current system?

And how soon do you plan or expect to do so?

The Republicans have submitted two bills for approval. Do you know what happened to them? They weren't even looked at. They were dismissed. Maybe if the Democrats had tried to include both sides in all of this discussion before today we'd be a lot closer to a solution.

Rick

Link? I mean a real one. Not some Republican talking point. After Iraq and health care, you know you can't trust Republicans.

I posted a link, actually two, one a summary and the other the complete bill. Look it up, I'm not doing it again. I know you saw it because it was only a couple of posts after this one that you quoted.

Rick

and how about making it illegal to charge different prices to those that have insurance than to those that do not. I myself have experienced this.

I guess what i am saying is why should we add to a broken system without fixing some of the problems first.

Exactly! - I saw this every time I went or took family to the doctor. I got off my employer plan & have my own non-employer based plan. I pay cheaper rates ($87 a month individual or $176 family) & have a high deductible & no pre-existing exclusions. So when I go to the doctor I always ask the price because I will pay the first $2,500 out of pocket. They tell me it will be $130 if they bill my insurance who will then have me pay it. or it will be $85 if I don't use the insurance & pay them directly. They know the insurance company has deep pockets, involve paperwork, & will pay list price.

After checking prices & negotiating rates my self, our family doctor only charges us $40 cash per visit. I save 70% by cutting out the middle man. Hell that is the same as copay on the no deductible plans.

Last edited:
The Obama already has passed a law making COBRA more affordable.
You might want to look into the ADA as well.
Until then, learn something.

Uh...even discounted COBRA is not affordable to many people who are unemployed. Sadly, Obama has created a lot more of them.

File that under Cold Comfort.

Forum List

Back