OK GOP apologizes for calling food-stamp recipients animals

This is how far the GOP has sunk:

Oklahoma GOP apologizes for post comparing food stamp recipients to animals - Eliza Collins - POLITICO

Oh, well, at least they apologized, cuz that was not their "intention". Children will be children, you know.

From the link:

The Oklahoma Republican Party apologized on Tuesday for a Facebook post in which it appeared the organization was comparing food stamp recipients to dependent animals.

The Monday post, which has since been taken down, first sarcastically declared that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud to be distributing a record number of food stamps. It then said, “Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals.’ Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony ?#?OKGOP?”

It’s not clear who authored the post, which was shared almost 2,000 times with nearly 1,000 comments. Many of the commenters were not pleased.

Oklahoma Democrats also took to Twitter to blast the statement.

Oklahoma state Rep. Emily Virgin tweeted, “Many OK teachers, correctional officers, college students, and single mothers qualify for food stamps. OK GOP’s statement is disgusting.” She also retweeted other lawmakers and constituents who were unhappy.

“My thoughts on the offensive remarks leveled at Oklahoma citizens today by the OKGOP. Unbelievable!” Oklahoma State House Democratic Leader Scott Inman tweeted.

On Tuesday, Oklahoma Republican Party Chairman Randy Brogdon apologized.

“Last night, there was a post on our OKGOP Facebook page, and it was misinterpreted by many. I offer my apologies for those who were offended – that was not my intention,” Brogdon said.

So, two take-aways from this:

The OK GOP has no control over it's own website, or it is just plain old lying.

Republicans hate poor people.

The end.

GFY
I see that a lot from RWRS here...is it a new GOP/RW greeting?....Perhaps a new Christian greeting?

This is getting interesting. The GOP is starting to run out of people to insult. Now, if Trump makes it to the debates, their base will be down to the population of country club members and trailer park dwellers, who are not smart enough to realize that the GOP has been insulting them for years.
Truth isn't insulting, it's just truth. People act like animals when they take handouts and become dependent on them. The logic that applies to wild animals also applies to people, that's a fact.

Which is why no apology was needed and should never have been offered.
We provide for wild animals under our control on pubic lands and National Parks when nature takes away nourishment during blizzards, water during droughts, etc. That is how we keep our wildlife healthy and maintain balance on our public lands. What you are suggesting is that we provide less care for human beings than we do our animals.

You talk as if people have a choice in the matter. They are taxed and then their taxes are redistributed to animals....um, I mean welfare people. People need to learn to survive on their own because it's unfair to steal from the producers to give it to those who don't want to work. That's how it works in the animal kingdom and it makes sense in the human kingdom too.
The American people decided long ago that they did not want other Americans to suffer from hunger in a nation that produces an abundance of food. Enough Americans are educated to realize it is financially beneficial to feed the vulnerable, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly, etc. than to pay the cost of massive malnutrition and other harms inflicted on society when hunger prevails.
It is the mean spirited and bitter among us that objects to helping these vulnerable and unfortunate citizens. The greedy and hateful would make 98 old people and kids suffer to prevent 2 undeserving individuals from receiving some free meals or abusing the system.

So give to your local food bank and other charities. I do.

And I'm among the millions of Americans, the vast majority, who doesn't think paying for people's cable TV, cell phone, drugs, booze, and cigarettes is charity.
Every time someone tries to prove that a significant amount of recipients are fraudulent the accusers fall short. Of course the majority of Americans don't want to pay for peoples cable tv, illegal drugs, booze and tobacco. That was addressed in my post. If you have a solution to prevent a few fraudulent losers, lets here it. Investigations and studies have shown the numbers to be approximately what I indicated. About 2 to perhaps 5 persons per 100 recipients. There is no evidence of widespread abuse of public assistance. And in any case, it is the job of local and state agencies to enforce rules and regulations that allow for abuse. If there is a problem in your area it is on you to fix it. If a local business is selling tobacco or booze get your state agencies to do their jobs.

Truth isn't insulting, it's just truth. People act like animals when they take handouts and become dependent on them. The logic that applies to wild animals also applies to people, that's a fact.

Which is why no apology was needed and should never have been offered.
We provide for wild animals under our control on pubic lands and National Parks when nature takes away nourishment during blizzards, water during droughts, etc. That is how we keep our wildlife healthy and maintain balance on our public lands. What you are suggesting is that we provide less care for human beings than we do our animals.

You talk as if people have a choice in the matter. They are taxed and then their taxes are redistributed to animals....um, I mean welfare people. People need to learn to survive on their own because it's unfair to steal from the producers to give it to those who don't want to work. That's how it works in the animal kingdom and it makes sense in the human kingdom too.
The American people decided long ago that they did not want other Americans to suffer from hunger in a nation that produces an abundance of food. Enough Americans are educated to realize it is financially beneficial to feed the vulnerable, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly, etc. than to pay the cost of massive malnutrition and other harms inflicted on society when hunger prevails.
It is the mean spirited and bitter among us that objects to helping these vulnerable and unfortunate citizens. The greedy and hateful would make 98 old people and kids suffer to prevent 2 undeserving individuals from receiving some free meals or abusing the system.

And I'm among the millions of Americans, the vast majority, who doesn't think paying for people's cable TV, cell phone, drugs, booze, and cigarettes is charity.
Every time someone tries to prove that a significant amount of recipients are fraudulent the accusers fall short. Of course the majority of Americans don't want to pay for peoples cable tv, illegal drugs, booze and tobacco. That was addressed in my post. If you have a solution to prevent a few fraudulent losers, lets here it. Investigations and studies have shown the numbers to be approximately what I indicated. About 2 to perhaps 5 persons per 100 recipients. There is no evidence of widespread abuse of public assistance. And in any case, it is the job of local and state agencies to enforce rules and regulations that allow for abuse. If there is a problem in your area it is on you to fix it. If a local business is selling tobacco or booze get your state agencies to do their jobs.
You're talking but you're not understanding. Giving people food stamp money frees up disposable income for novelty purchases including everything I just listed. If people have the money for those things they should be spending it on food and they don't need food stamp assistance.

50 million food stamp recipients and almost none of them actually need it.

You're talking but you're not understanding. Giving people food stamp money frees up disposable income for novelty purchases including everything I just listed. If people have the money for those things they should be spending it on food and they don't need food stamp assistance.

So anyone getting food stamps is not entitled to buy anything else with their money

You get food stamps based on your annual income. What you do with that income is up to you

So anyone getting food stamps is not entitled to buy anything else with their money

You get food stamps based on your annual income. What you do with that income is up to you
Bullshit. If people have disposable income freed up by an influx of federal assistance to buy booze, drugs, cable TV, and maybe even some nice rims to pimp their ride then that proves they didn't need the assistance to begin with. They could have been spending that money on food.

The problem is most Americans have never seen the world and therefore have no idea what real hunger and real poverty is. So we invent our own plights so that even the poorest among us live like kings subsidized by taxpayer money.

That isn't charity, that's a scam.

You have no evidence that 50 million food stamp recipients do not need the assistance they receive. You are just making a convenient opinion fit your agenda. Endless academic and scientific studies show you to be 100% wrong. You are trying to make something true than is false. Hungry children are not spending their food stamps on booze and tobacco, nor are the elderly. The idea in your head that single mom's and 80 year old's have disposable income is laughable.
Funny to hear a anti big intrusive government conservative trying to promote a social engineering experiment that will cause death and illness and huge medical cost to in the end prove stupid because the end result was known before it began.

Remember! Every starving child is a democrat in training!
The GOP sees every starving child as a "job well done".

Another Leftist myth. There are no starving children in America.

Overweight-Child.jpg
Hilarious. A picture of a FAT WHITE kid is proof there is no hunger in America.

polls_donkey_elephant_4802_405142_poll_xlarge.gif

Bullshit. If people have disposable income freed up by an influx of federal assistance to buy booze, drugs, cable TV, and maybe even some nice rims to pimp their ride then that proves they didn't need the assistance to begin with. They could have been spending that money on food.

The problem is most Americans have never seen the world and therefore have no idea what real hunger and real poverty is. So we invent our own plights so that even the poorest among us live like kings subsidized by taxpayer money.

You are making outrageous claim and expecting people to believe them as facts without offering a sliver of evidence to substantiate your claims.

You have no evidence that 50 million food stamp recipients do not need the assistance they receive. You are just making a convenient opinion fit your agenda. Endless academic and scientific studies show you to be 100% wrong. You are trying to make something true than is false. Hungry children are not spending their food stamps on booze and tobacco, nor are the elderly. The idea in your head that single mom's and 80 year old's have disposable income is laughable.
Funny to hear a anti big intrusive government conservative trying to promote a social engineering experiment that will cause death and illness and huge medical cost to in the end prove stupid because the end result was known before it began.

Look clown humans have survived for thousands of years without food stamps, there's you're proof.

The number alone is proof. 1 out of 6 Americans needs food stamps? Bullshit. And you have to be willingly blind and stupid not to see these people all around you buying extravagant items because they can afford to. Or if you're really that ignorant, just ask the cashier at a Walmart Supercenter; they'll tell you stories of what they see daily.

50 million Americans are not on the brink of starvation. In fact, no American is. It's all one big Left wing scam.

Look clown humans have survived for thousands of years without food stamps, there's you're proof.
True, there were no food stamps available, but up until several hundred years ago most humans were dependent on a central authority to distribute food to them. Many still are to one degree or another. Food stamps are as much a program for financing food production and distribution as a program for feeding the poor. The government funding to the food industry causes a lowering of food cost for all. The weak and vulnerable have always been at the mercy of the powerful whether the powerful were the hunter warriors feeding their tribesmen and woman or the Kings and Emperors controlling the granaries.

No stupid they are talking about an observed scientific behavior in nature and saying hold on, look what happens elsewhere in nature, now look at what's happened to people as a result of all the government hand outs. Just leave the thinking to the adults and by that I mean conservatives.

When you compare people to animals, you are calling them animals, you idiot. There is nothing scientific about their comparison. As I have already stated, most people receiving assistance have jobs. We're not talking about people too lazy to work, we're talking about people living off low wages. Idiot.

They are living off low wages because they were too lazy at some point. Too lazy to finish school, too lazy to work hard at a real job, too lazy to be dependable, too lazy to be responsible, too lazy to keep their legs closed.

They got where they are through their own fault.

Yes ...heard it from Mitt Romney

47% of Americans are lazy freeloaders
Only the wealthy are truly deserving

Liar. He never said that.

Cost him an election

That's all you have is lies isn't it moron? Just like your lying ass president.

The number alone is proof. 1 out of 6 Americans needs food stamps? Bullshit. And you have to be willingly blind and stupid not to see these people all around you buying extravagant items because they can afford to. Or if you're really that ignorant, just ask the cashier at a Walmart Supercenter; they'll tell you stories of what they see daily.

50 million Americans are not on the brink of starvation. In fact, no American is. It's all one big Left wing scam.
You keep trying to change the topic or issue. Who is claiming 50 million people are on the brink of starvation? What do you even know about starvation? Sounds like not much if anything.

True, there were no food stamps available, but up until several hundred years ago most humans were dependent on a central authority to distribute food to them. Many still are to one degree or another. Food stamps are as much a program for financing food production and distribution as a program for feeding the poor. The government funding to the food industry causes a lowering of food cost for all. The weak and vulnerable have always been at the mercy of the powerful whether the powerful were the hunter warriors feeding their tribesmen and woman or the Kings and Emperors controlling the granaries.
No, moron, the influx of millions of dollars into the grocery store industry actually raises prices for everyone else. Since you people are illiterate in economics, it has to be explained to you that when you add millions of dollars people have to spend on food, it has an inflationary effect on food prices. It's more dollars chasing food products. It's people buying more than they would if it was their own money they were frugally spending on food. This is yet another example of how Leftards have no idea how supply and demand works.

You keep trying to change the topic or issue. Who is claiming 50 million people are on the brink of starvation? What do you even know about starvation? Sounds like not much if anything.
I'm a military vet who's been outside of this country to see real poverty and hunger, skid mark. Nobody in America is starving. Nobody in America is in poverty. It takes world wide context to understand that.

More of......our poor people do not suffer enough

Many did not survive

Many did not survive

Somehow you're genetic line survived, I'm stunned.

Forum List

Back