OK GOP apologizes for calling food-stamp recipients animals

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This is how far the GOP has sunk:

Oklahoma GOP apologizes for post comparing food stamp recipients to animals - Eliza Collins - POLITICO

Oh, well, at least they apologized, cuz that was not their "intention". Children will be children, you know.

From the link:

The Oklahoma Republican Party apologized on Tuesday for a Facebook post in which it appeared the organization was comparing food stamp recipients to dependent animals.

The Monday post, which has since been taken down, first sarcastically declared that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud to be distributing a record number of food stamps. It then said, “Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals.’ Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony ?#?OKGOP?”

It’s not clear who authored the post, which was shared almost 2,000 times with nearly 1,000 comments. Many of the commenters were not pleased.

Oklahoma Democrats also took to Twitter to blast the statement.

Oklahoma state Rep. Emily Virgin tweeted, “Many OK teachers, correctional officers, college students, and single mothers qualify for food stamps. OK GOP’s statement is disgusting.” She also retweeted other lawmakers and constituents who were unhappy.

“My thoughts on the offensive remarks leveled at Oklahoma citizens today by the OKGOP. Unbelievable!” Oklahoma State House Democratic Leader Scott Inman tweeted.

On Tuesday, Oklahoma Republican Party Chairman Randy Brogdon apologized.

“Last night, there was a post on our OKGOP Facebook page, and it was misinterpreted by many. I offer my apologies for those who were offended – that was not my intention,” Brogdon said.

So, two take-aways from this:

The OK GOP has no control over it's own website, or it is just plain old lying.

Republicans hate poor people.

The end.

Oklahoma GOP apologizes for post comparing food stamp recipients to animals - Eliza Collins - POLITICO

Oh, well, at least they apologized, cuz that was not their "intention". Children will be children, you know.

From the link:

The Oklahoma Republican Party apologized on Tuesday for a Facebook post in which it appeared the organization was comparing food stamp recipients to dependent animals.

The Monday post, which has since been taken down, first sarcastically declared that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud to be distributing a record number of food stamps. It then said, “Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals.’ Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony ?#?OKGOP?”

It’s not clear who authored the post, which was shared almost 2,000 times with nearly 1,000 comments. Many of the commenters were not pleased.

Oklahoma state Rep. Emily Virgin tweeted, “Many OK teachers, correctional officers, college students, and single mothers qualify for food stamps. OK GOP’s statement is disgusting.” She also retweeted other lawmakers and constituents who were unhappy.

“My thoughts on the offensive remarks leveled at Oklahoma citizens today by the OKGOP. Unbelievable!” Oklahoma State House Democratic Leader Scott Inman tweeted.

“Last night, there was a post on our OKGOP Facebook page, and it was misinterpreted by many. I offer my apologies for those who were offended – that was not my intention,” Brogdon said.

The end.
:spam:

• Banned

From the link:

The end.
:spam:

Yepp, that's about all you have to offer. Must be that IQ of 214 that you possess.

And Republicans scream Democrats misrepresent and lie about them.
Like I said, you only have to quote them, not lie.
But Republicans? Born in Kenya? Birth Certificate? Oh yea, oh so "honest".

Ah, another dishonest broad brushing thread.

Really? Are you saying that Politico is lying?

Hmmmm.....

I'm calling you and Politico liars though you are the bigger liar imo.

FACT: the GOP did not call food stamp recipients animals, you LIE!

FACT: you said, "Republicans hate poor people", you LIE!

FACT: the GOP did not compare food stamp recipients to animals, Politico LIES!

If you are going to lie, then expect to be called out as a liar. How pathetic that your ilk has to resort to lying to support your 'Republicans are racists' talking point.

How much you want to bet someone will start a thread asking why Black people dont vote for the GOP? You simply cant make this shit up. :laugh:

"The Monday post, which has since been taken down, first sarcastically declared that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud to be distributing a record number of food stamps. It then said, “Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals.’ Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony ?#?OKGOP?”

Read more: Oklahoma GOP apologizes for post comparing food stamp recipients to animals - Eliza Collins - POLITICO"

From the link:

The end.

Yes, that whole GOP said that

it's like taking a Rdean posting and saying, "looky what the DNC said"!

How much you want to bet someone will start a thread asking why Black people dont vote for the GOP? You simply cant make this shit up. :laugh:

"The Monday post, which has since been taken down, first sarcastically declared that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud to be distributing a record number of food stamps. It then said, “Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals.’ Their stated reason for the policy is because ‘The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.’ Thus ends today’s lesson in irony ?#?OKGOP?”

Read more: Oklahoma GOP apologizes for post comparing food stamp recipients to animals - Eliza Collins - POLITICO"

Riiiiight because voting for the Democratic party has been such a boon for blacks /sarcasm

Forum List

Back