Oh Santorum.

He's right.....you should do some research about their belief before you mouth off about something you don't know.

So...this doesn't apply to Christians? Because you guys don't believe in an afterlife?

Yes, we believe in an afterlife. We just don't believe we need to kill "infidels" to get there!

Lol! I get Neg repped for this statement of truth... (thank you L.K.Eder!!!). You can't just tell me why you disagree with this?

Thank you, that is exactly what I mean, I wasn't really talking from a theological standpoint, just an irony one.

The only irony is that you pretend to be a sentient being.

How many christians have blown themselves up in terrorist attacks?

How many christians have run concentration camps? Molested children? Burned witches? Tortured heretics? Killed over silly disagreements over unsubstantiation.

Besides the Catholic problems with kids (which i don't consider Catholics Christians as Christians aren't supposed to be idol worshipers)....how long ago were there concentration camps, or how long ago were witches burned, or any of your other statements??? I won't deny these things "happened", but compare this to Islam RIGHT NOW. They have always killed and have contininued killing their "enemies". Their biggest ambition is to take Israel and the US down and they won't quit trying. There is NO comparison between Christians and Islamic radicals.

I thought you liked Mittens?

These "Downfall" Parodies are funny.

They are. You should see the Tbow ones,funny as hell . I dis like a Romney selection as much as you, but for different reasons. The biggest one now is that he was endorsed by McCain. He sucks,, and the RNC, and Bush's and there political syndicate are trying to force him on us because its his turn. He and his attempt at being nominated if a perfect example of entitlement. The religion thing is what I disagree with you and others on.

Besides the Catholic problems with kids (which i don't consider Catholics Christians as Christians aren't supposed to be idol worshipers)....

You misunderstand that aspect of Catholicism. We do not worship/pray to the statue of Mary, or Joseph, etc. We worship/pray to what they represent... who they represent. In the example I just used, the earthly parents of Jesus. Seems to me if God thought them worthy of raising Jesus, least I can do is say an occasional prayer to them.

Thank you, that is exactly what I mean, I wasn't really talking from a theological standpoint, just an irony one.

How many christians have run concentration camps? Molested children? Burned witches? Tortured heretics? Killed over silly disagreements over unsubstantiation.

How many atheists have engaged in mass murder? How many have supported abortion?
Your post is irrelevant. Your point is pointless.
Fail.

Besides the Catholic problems with kids (which i don't consider Catholics Christians as Christians aren't supposed to be idol worshipers)....

You misunderstand that aspect of Catholicism. We do not worship/pray to the statue of Mary, or Joseph, etc. We worship/pray to what they represent... who they represent. In the example I just used, the earthly parents of Jesus. Seems to me if God thought them worthy of raising Jesus, least I can do is say an occasional prayer to them.

This is where we disagree. The Bible tells us that we're to pray to nobody but God through his Son Jesus Christ. I'm not saying Mary or Joseph etc were not honorable good people, but they are not God. God never instructed us to do this...in fact, in my opinion and many others, praying to ANY idol (or statue) is a sin. And yes, a statue of anyone that someone prays to is idol worship.

This is where we disagree. The Bible tells us that we're to pray to nobody but God through his Son Jesus Christ. I'm not saying Mary or Joseph etc were not honorable good people, but they are not God. God never instructed us to do this...in fact, in my opinion and many others, praying to ANY idol (or statue) is a sin. And yes, a statue of anyone that someone prays to is idol worship.
Actually the Bible says praying through anyone is also idolatry. But we wont go there.

There is an argument to be made that Mary is a minor deity in the catholic mythos. Catholics believe that someone becomes a saint when miracles are performed after praying to them. They are intermediaries in a sense between us and God. For example when I was a kid and I had lost something the nuns always told me to pray to St. Anthony who was the patron of lost things. A lot of saints are patrons of something or other. They are seen as protectors or benefactors in certain areas. This is not so much idolatry as it is paganism disguised in a monotheistic framework. Although Catholics do genulfect to statues and pray to them. There is also the belief that every alter in catholic churches contain fragments of bones from saints and that it makes it holy. Catholics cannot pass in front of the crucifix of jesus in a church without genuflecting and making the sign of the cross.

Most christians have a belief in the trinity. You have God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit all equally God but with different roles and different manifestations. Some offshoots of protestantism even believe in transubstantiation ( like the catholics) to a degree which is the belief that bread and wine become the body of christ and then they practice ritual cannabalism.

When you are a believer in a religion and you point the finger at another religion and say they are crazy it is always ironic.

Last edited:

Actually the Bible says praying through anyone is also idolatry. But we wont go there.

No it doesn't...it specifically states we can pray to God alone, or to God through his Son Jesus Christ:
When we are praying do we pray directly to God or through Jesus? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Praying to Saints or Mary is not Biblical:
Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?

No it doesn't...it specifically states we can pray to God alone, or to God through his Son Jesus Christ:
When we are praying do we pray directly to God or through Jesus? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Praying to Saints or Mary is not Biblical:
Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?

Um, G-d doesnt have reproductive organs. Therefore He has no son. Praying to a guy is idolatry, however you slice it.

Yes, we believe in an afterlife. We just don't believe we need to kill "infidels" to get there!

Why? Your book says the same thing theirs does on the subject.

Or is this the point where you deny the OT is a source of scripture for Christianity?

The Jews go by the old testament because they don't believe Jesus was the Messiah. Christians study the OT for historical reasons, but they don't follow the old laws of that testament. Read the laws of the NT, that's what we do. And i don't remember reading in the OT that we're to KILL anyone. Yes, God ordered some people killed, but not that we were all to kill anyone that didn't believe as we did. God usually took care of that stuff Himself!
Gee, it appears that if someone invites you to their church, you are required to kill them and everyone in the city they came from.

De 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die...
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Besides the Catholic problems with kids (which i don't consider Catholics Christians as Christians aren't supposed to be idol worshipers)....how long ago were there concentration camps, or how long ago were witches burned, or any of your other statements??? I won't deny these things "happened", but compare this to Islam RIGHT NOW. They have always killed and have contininued killing their "enemies". Their biggest ambition is to take Israel and the US down and they won't quit trying. There is NO comparison between Christians and Islamic radicals.
Funny how Christians deny that Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., are Christians, that is until they want to claim that 86.4% of Americans are Christian when suddenly Catholics etc., are Christian. :cuckoo:

Funny how Christians deny that Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., are Christians, that is until they want to claim that 86.4% of Americans are Christian when suddenly Catholics etc., are Christian. :cuckoo:

I never said they were. They said they were.....

Why? Your book says the same thing theirs does on the subject.

Or is this the point where you deny the OT is a source of scripture for Christianity?

The Jews go by the old testament because they don't believe Jesus was the Messiah. Christians study the OT for historical reasons, but they don't follow the old laws of that testament. Read the laws of the NT, that's what we do. And i don't remember reading in the OT that we're to KILL anyone. Yes, God ordered some people killed, but not that we were all to kill anyone that didn't believe as we did. God usually took care of that stuff Himself!
Gee, it appears that if someone invites you to their church, you are required to kill them and everyone in the city they came from.

De 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die...
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Old Testament again...find this in the NEW Testament.

How many atheists have engaged in mass murder? How many have supported abortion?
Fail.

AGAIN CORRELATION DOES NOT PROVIDE CAUSATION.

What kind of fucking masters degree do you have again? It sure as hell can't be psychology, as you have to have an extensive knowledge of statistics and how they apply.

Sectarian violence has been extremely commonplace, with the origin of the violence BASED ON THEIR RELIGION.

There IS no such example you can provide where atheism was the causation of the violence.

Fail.

What kind of fucking masters degree do you have again? It sure as hell can't be psychology, as you have to have an extensive knowledge of statistics and how they apply.

Sectarian violence has been extremely commonplace, with the origin of the violence BASED ON THEIR RELIGION.

There IS no such example you can provide where atheism was the causation of the violence.

I see I am not dealing with the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
If correlation doesnt equal causation then that would apply to religions too. Right?
Marxism is atheism. How many people have been killed in the name of spreading the gospel of Marxism? Many more than religious wars have done.

Fail.

I see I am not dealing with the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
If correlation doesnt equal causation then that would apply to religions too. Right?
Marxism is atheism. How many people have been killed in the name of spreading the gospel of Marxism? Many more than religious wars have done.

I can't imagine anyone as ignorant as you would have a degree in anything, much less managed to graduate.

Marxism includes atheism as a social institution that adds to its materialistic view of the universe.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity, in order to maintain it's absolutist materialistic view it could not have a supernatural entity.

Deaths over history: religious vs. nonreligous
I heard a while back that more people had died in the name of Jesus than in the name of Hitler. I’d always wondered if it was true, it seemed perfectly plausible given the persistence and viciousness of the Vatican during the Crusades. Unfortunately, I had found it difficult to find a number of deaths from the Crusades. But, I found in Google Answers, this webpage that chronicles numerous human conflicts and includes a category for religious conflicts. The numbers are hazy, of course, when we’re speaking about conflicts hundreds or thousands of years ago when death tallies were not a priority or of mild interest like they are today.

In short, 809 million people have died in religious wars. That’s nearly a billion people.

Oftentimes, a retort is that secular ideals and Godless Communism have killed many more. It is true that Stalin, among others, slaughtered his own people by the millions during the industrialization of Soviet Russia. By comparison, 209 million have died in the name of Communism. Some 62 million died during World War II, civilian and military, on all sides. Conclusively, more people have died in the name of religion than in the name of Communism or Hitler, or the two combined times two.

Religion was the actual CAUSE of religious violence, atheism is not a cause. It wasn't even a factor.

They obviously didn't require any history classes in your degree, or logic evaluation and reasoning courses.

Another example of someone obtaining an education above their natural capabilities? That's a big talking point on this board right now, right?

Forum List

Back