Oh My...This IS Awkward - The Buffet Rule - The Prequel.

Today's so called conservatives have turned St. Ronnie into a myth that conforms to their cherished dream to foist all tax burdens onto the working class.

Reagan wouldn't support much of what today's Randians so desire.

Reagan clearly understood that taxation was a necessary evil.

After all the man proposed AND GOT the largest single tax increase in US history.

When he was governor of california.

"The Reagan plan, according to Bartlett, raised the top income tax rate from 7 percent to 10 percent, the sales tax rate from 3 percent to 5 percent, the cigarette tax rate from 3 cents to 10 cents per pack, the alcohol tax from $1.50 to $2 per gallon, the bank and corporate tax rate from 5.5 percent to 7 percent, and the inheritance tax rate from a range of 2 percent to 10 percent to a range of 3 percent to 15 percent."

"In the end, Reagan’s tax legacy fits neither the right-wing nor left-wing pigeonholes. Although he cut taxes when he could, he raised them when he had to. That’s something self-styled Reaganites today should remember."

Regardless, I still want lower taxes, smaller government, and more freedom for America!

This is why we have 15 trillion in debt and a trillion dollar deficit. Every special interest defends itself by pointing out how 'small' an amount is involved.

Deficits are caused by spending more than you take in, not by not taxing enough.

Hope that helps.

No, it's caused by not taking in enough to pay for what you spend.

That is exactly what I said.

It is foolish to spend what you don't have knowing you don't have the income to pay for it.

So billions is not worth fooling with?

Ths conservative thought process I suppose. Just one answer for the overspending?

if you think that is just a conservative way of thinking, I believe you are dead wrong.

The left sees a "billion dollars" in medicare fraud as "nothing"....welfare fraud..."nothing" and unemployment fraud as "nothing".

UIt is a conditioning thing. We hear a billion dollars in goivernment and it means squat to us.

I wonder how many winter coats for poor children can be bought for 1 billion dollars.

Why are you lying about my beliefs? I'm on the left, I have no such opinion about medicare fraud.

And I have never said that taxes should be raised on the poor...

So were you lying when you said the following a few posts back?

No? You've never heard all the conservatives around here that want taxes on the poor/low income Americans raised?

(I highlighted the word "all" for affect...you did not highlight that word.)

Come on NYC....both of us are better than this kind of crap...calling each other out as liars.

if you think that is just a conservative way of thinking, I believe you are dead wrong.

The left sees a "billion dollars" in medicare fraud as "nothing"....welfare fraud..."nothing" and unemployment fraud as "nothing".

UIt is a conditioning thing. We hear a billion dollars in goivernment and it means squat to us.

I wonder how many winter coats for poor children can be bought for 1 billion dollars.

Why are you lying about my beliefs? I'm on the left, I have no such opinion about medicare fraud.

No? You've never heard all the conservatives around here that want taxes on the poor/low income Americans raised?

Come on NYC....both of us are better than this kind of crap...calling each other out as liars.

Yes when one points out the opinion of sheep on the left side of the moon NYcarbaaaaaaaneer takes it as a personal attack.

Sheep are very sensitive you know.

Go ahead, please explain how rich people claiming a perfectly legal tax exemption is wrong.

Should only poor people claim the farm exemption in NJ?

This is hilarious. Now that I've made it clear that the left takes advantage of deductions you want flip sides and defend them.

You're cracking me up here.

It just shows that you don't know your facts, only talking-points.

How can you support Obama and the rich with a straight face?

Are you really this stupid?

there is nothing wrong with being against something yet capitalizing on it while it is in effect.........

Okay!!!!!

If you say so!!! LMAO!!!

Deficits are caused by spending more than you take in, not by not taxing enough.

Hope that helps.

No, it's caused by not taking in enough to pay for what you spend.

It is foolish to spend what you don't have knowing you don't have the income to pay for it.

Like 2003, when Bush invaded Iraq AND cut taxes. Like 2001, when Bush cut taxes, knowing that the lost revenue would show up as deficits. Like the 1980's when Reagan's tax cuts were made without cutting spending.

What do you want, a list of the USMB'ers who have said that lower income Americans should at least pay some income tax? Or that the earned income credit ought to be cut, which is an effective tax increase?

What do you want, a list of the USMB'ers who have said that lower income Americans should at least pay some income tax? Or that the earned income credit ought to be cut, which is an effective tax increase?

You just want to keep collecting your EITC. So of course you want other people to pay higher taxes.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/yippee_free_government_money_come_and_get_it.html

Last edited:

You just want to keep collecting your EITC. So of course you want other people to get tax increases.

Beats workin, she figures.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A bill designed to enact President Barack Obama’s plan for a “Buffett rule” tax on the wealthy would rake in just $31 billion over the next 11 years, according to an estimate by Congress’ official tax analysts obtained by The Associated Press.

That figure would be a drop in the bucket of the over $7 trillion in federal budget deficits projected during that period. It is also miniscule compared to the many hundreds of billions it would cost to repeal the alternative minimum tax, which Obama’s budget last month said he would replace with the Buffett rule tax.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57401005/buffett-rule-would-garner-$31-billion-in-taxes/

For math-challenged LIbtards, that amounts to three days of government spending over 11 years.

Yes, this thread is spam.

So billions is not worth fooling with?

Ths conservative thought process I suppose. Just one answer for the overspending?

I guess you missed the point.

Obama's only solution so far isn't really a solution.

You follow???

Last edited:

Like 2003, when Bush invaded Iraq AND cut taxes.

Federal tax receipts soon reached all-time record highs right after that. Just as planned.

You are unarmed.

And spending rose faster. Hence the recent and current deficits brought on by failing to collect enough tax revenue to pay for the costs of running the government.

why are you so cranky today?
I am not asking for anything.

You asked me a question and I answered it.....and then you disagreed with ne and I sort of agreed that not ALL on the right are not asking for tax increases on the poor; just a few right wing lunatics say that.

And then you called me a liar for offering a general statement about the left saying you are on thye left and dont believe that way.

So I pointed out to you how yo0u did the same thing by painting a broadf brush about conservatives.

And now you are asking what it is that I want?

Take it elsewhere. I am not looking for an argument. If you are, then you are wasting your time with me.

Federal tax receipts soon reached all-time record highs right after that. Just as planned.

You are unarmed.

And spending rose faster. Hence the recent and current deficits brought on by failing to collect enough tax revenue to pay for the costs of running the government.

correction...to pay for the costs of running a GROWING government.

You just want to keep collecting your EITC. So of course you want other people to pay higher taxes.

Blog: Yippee! Free government money! Come and get it!

I am single with no dependents so I pay the highest rate of anyone in my income range.

You are unarmed.

Wrong. Deficits are caused by spending more than you take in. Always has been, always will be. The 'cost' of running government is a variable.

I am single with no dependents so I pay the highest rate of anyone in my income range.

you are single by choice and have no dependants by choice.

Why should someone pay more of their money in taxes simply because they have no kids when it's people with kids who use far more government services?

God I hate to look like I'm defending NY here but it's a valid question nonetheless.

You are unarmed.

Wrong. Deficits are caused by spending more than you take in. Always has been, always will be. The 'cost' of running government is a variable.

That's idiocy. Revenues are a variable as well.

Why should someone pay more of their money in taxes simply because they have no kids when it's people with kids who use far more government services?

God I hate to look like I'm defending NY here but it's a valid question nonetheless.

You and NYC are correct.

I am all for eliminating that deduction.
It is the one deduction that does not make sense.

Although, I was told that a larger family helps commerce while being a financial burden on the family....but I still say eliminate it.

Forum List

Back