Oh My Ohio

Why is it that the areas that are cutting back voting hours are nearly all in larger cities controlled by Democrats?
It seems far more likely that reduced hours are to exclude people that work and give more power to those that sit on their ass collecting checks.

{sigh} try reading the provided news articles on the subject. I'll break it down...

In REPUBLICAN Districts they are approving early voting. In DEMOCRATIC Districts they are denying early voting. ("They" being REPUBLICANS)

That seem fair to you?

If they are Democratic districts, how is it that the Republicans are restricting hours when they don't control the board of elections?

I am quite capable of reading... And identifying hypocrisy.

If you read it, then you must've seen this...

If the debate plays out as it has in Ohio’s other major urban counties, it likely will result in a 2-2 tie vote by board members, with Democrats in favor of extending voting hours and Republicans opposed.

That would place the question before Secretary of State Jon Husted, a Republican who over the past several weeks has consistently sided with GOP elections board members elsewhere in casting tie-breaking votes against extending voting hours during the weeks leading up to the Nov. 6 election.[...]

In Southwest Ohio, elections boards in traditionally Republican Butler and Warren counties have approved special night and weekend voting hours from early October through Nov. 1.

Because Democrats did not oppose the idea, there were no tie votes to submit to Husted, leaving those early voting plans intact.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201208052259/NEWS0106/308050053

Last edited:
{sigh} try reading the provided news articles on the subject. I'll break it down...

In REPUBLICAN Districts they are approving early voting. In DEMOCRATIC Districts they are denying early voting. ("They" being REPUBLICANS)

That seem fair to you?

If they are Democratic districts, how is it that the Republicans are restricting hours when they don't control the board of elections?

If the debate plays out as it has in Ohio’s other major urban counties, it likely will result in a 2-2 tie vote by board members, with Democrats in favor of extending voting hours and Republicans opposed.

That would place the question before Secretary of State Jon Husted, a Republican who over the past several weeks has consistently sided with GOP elections board members elsewhere in casting tie-breaking votes against extending voting hours during the weeks leading up to the Nov. 6 election.[...]

In Southwest Ohio, elections boards in traditionally Republican Butler and Warren counties have approved special night and weekend voting hours from early October through Nov. 1.

Because Democrats did not oppose the idea, there were no tie votes to submit to Husted, leaving those early voting plans intact.

Voting time a partisan battle | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Excellent post! I'm still waiting for an answer to this as well from him :eusa_think:

Last edited:

Voting time a partisan battle | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Excellent post! I'm still waiting for an answer to this as well from him :eusa_think:

:eusa_whistle:

Democratic leaning counties have fewer hours and days to vote than republican ones.

its fact

Republicans need to work around their job, children, heterosexual spouse, church and other "evil white people" stuff in order to get there. So, it's only fair. :)
August 19, 2012

It's DIFFERENT, For Dems

"In a dramatic move, Ohio Secretary of State John Husted immediately suspended two Democrats on a county election board after they voted to allow weekend voting.

Earlier, Husted issued a directive canceling weekend voting statewide. In 2008, Ohio offered early voting on the weekends and thousands of voters cast their ballot during that time.

Husted issued an ultimatum to Dennis Lieberman and Tom Ritchie Sr., members of the Montgomery County Eleciton Board, to withdraw their resolution to maintain weekend hours or face suspension."

handjob.gif

Everyone should be outraged. When some of you assholes excuse this shit with bogus "so they can't vote more than once" lies, it only betrays just how shallow and empty-headed you are.

If you have to cheat to win, then your philosophy is dead. Corrupt. Evil. And laughing it off just proves you are retards.

You are not clever. You are not bright. You are showing your asses.

I hate you more than I hate Obama. And I hate Obama with the fire of a thousand suns. Get the FUCK out of my party and go back under the rocks from which you came.

This...x1000. This is not a party issue. This is a citizens rights issue. Everyone that is an American citizen should have equal opportunity to vote period. No one that is registered to vote should ever be turned away. And there should be a level playing field no matter what your party affiliation is.

I was turned away once. I lived in the same place for three years. First two years I had no problem voting. The third year year I received my voter registration card and the polling place changed. No problem I thought, they must have switched locations. I get there and tell them my address: No I'm sorry you can't vote here it's not the right polling place. I say this was assigned it's right on my card right here. No you can't vote let me make a call. Sorry the lines are busy you will have to try the other polling place where you should be. I refused and asked for a provisional ballot. She said no. I then got a bit angry and said I'm not leaving until I vote, it's my right and the election boards mistake doesn't change that. I made a scene. A cop was right there and did nothing, good on him as I did nothing wrong and was exercising my rights as an American citizen. Finally after two hours someone gave me a provisional ballot (causing me to miss time from work, I worked 2nd shift).

This is the year I changed my party affiliation to none, independent. Really makes me wonder if some crook at the election board noticed this and messed it up on purpose. Probably just a mistake but at the polling place I was told I could not vote and that is ridiculous. No registered voter should have to go through this bullshit.

the OP, big surprise, is a fucking liar. Early voting in person is the same hours for the entire state, regardless of the county...

Voting Absentee Early In Person
earlyInPerson_01.png
earlyInPerson_02.png

Tuesday, October 2 - Friday, October 5:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monday, October 8:
Closed for state holiday

Tuesday, October 9 (deadline to register to vote):
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Wednesday, October 10 - Friday, October 12:

Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19:

Monday, October 22 - Friday, October 26:
8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Monday, October 29 - Thursday, November 1:

Friday, November 2:
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

end dumb ass lair of a thread.

The democrats obviously don't have enough time and resources to round up all the dead people sleeping under the bridges and viaducts, get them to the liquor store, take them to the polls and show them who to vote for between 8 AM and 5 PM on weekdays, then return them to their final resting places under the bridges and viaducts.

You have to feel for those people responsible for stuffing the ballot boxes.

Daily Kos: Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

Now, in heavily Democratic cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo, early voting hours will be limited to 8 am until 5 pm on weekdays beginning on October 1, with no voting at night or during the weekend, when it’s most convenient for working people to vote. Republican election commissioners have blocked Democratic efforts to expand early voting hours in these counties, where the board of elections are split equally between Democratic and Republican members. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has broken the tie by intervening on behalf of his fellow Republicans.
‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends.

compare

Daily Kos: Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

Now, in heavily Democratic cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo, early voting hours will be limited to 8 am until 5 pm on weekdays beginning on October 1, with no voting at night or during the weekend, when it’s most convenient for working people to vote. Republican election commissioners have blocked Democratic efforts to expand early voting hours in these counties, where the board of elections are split equally between Democratic and Republican members. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has broken the tie by intervening on behalf of his fellow Republicans.
‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends.

compare

dumb ass. I already proved your thread a worthless lie.
Early voting in person is the same hours for the entire state, regardless of the county...regardless of the R or D after the voters name... EVERYONE can vote early at the same places, at the same times. NO ONE gets more or less time for early voting.

the OP, big surprise, is a fucking liar. Early voting in person is the same hours for the entire state, regardless of the county...

Voting Absentee Early In Person
earlyInPerson_01.png
earlyInPerson_02.png

Tuesday, October 2 - Friday, October 5:

Monday, October 8:
Closed for state holiday

Tuesday, October 9 (deadline to register to vote):
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Wednesday, October 10 - Friday, October 12:

Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19:

Monday, October 22 - Friday, October 26:

Monday, October 29 - Thursday, November 1:

Friday, November 2:
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

end dumb ass lair of a thread.

I posted this in early august.

the courts have knocked the republicans attempts to do this down.

there is a failure here to understand what really happened.

gee imagine my surprize you lied about this whole thing con

Thu Aug 09, 2012 at 12:45 PM PDT.

Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

your fucking dumb as a rock.

I jsut crushed your fucking lie.

cram your head back up carl roves ass and continue with your shit eating

when I posted this it was true.

the courts agreed with me and the article and struck it down.

your a fucking brain dead shit head

Democratic leaning counties have fewer hours and days to vote than republican ones.

its fact

They have the whole month of October.
Monday through Friday.
8 Am - 5PM....

And still there is a complaint of not having enough time.

Well maybe it's a people thing.
I guess each voter needs like 3 hrs in the voting booth
so they can figure out how to vote.

I can't believe some of the crap the left bitches about these days.

People are allowed a whole month to vote before an election and we get people bitching
that they are not given enough time....

You can't make this shit up.

Forum List

Back