Oh My Ohio

I see a lot of people attacking the OP but not actually addressing what they are doing in OH. Do y'all really support this?

Voting time a partisan battle | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Not necessarily, but it isn't what the OP is making it out to be, and that's typical TM bull shit. That's why we're ridiculing her.

She stated, quite clearly, what they are doing. Can you address it or not?

Your link is a much better link. On the face of it, it would seem to be unfair, however, I would have to hear more from the opposition as even in your link, we don't get much of the GOP's side.

If you can't trust the Daily Kos for unbiased reporting, who can you trust?
Daily Kos doesn't report, moron. They link to reports.
Not in this one. All three links were to blogs.

Typical Kos....nothing but gossip and cheap talk.
Nope. Very first one is to Ari Berman, one of the political reporters from The Nation magazine.

Ohio Early Voting Cutbacks Disenfranchise Minority Voters | The Nation

Not necessarily, but it isn't what the OP is making it out to be, and that's typical TM bull shit. That's why we're ridiculing her.

Your link is a much better link. On the face of it, it would seem to be unfair, however, I would have to hear more from the opposition as even in your link, we don't get much of the GOP's side.

It seems unfair because it is and EVERYONE should be outraged by it.

but you will not condem it

So you are against local boards that control voting having the power to set the times for polls? Thanks for admitting you are against democracy.

equal protection under the law

Why is it that the areas that are cutting back voting hours are nearly all in larger cities controlled by Democrats?
It seems far more likely that reduced hours are to exclude people that work and give more power to those that sit on their ass collecting checks.

So you are against local boards that control voting having the power to set the times for polls? Thanks for admitting you are against democracy.

Why is it that the areas that are cutting back voting hours are nearly all in larger cities controlled by Democrats?
It seems far more likely that reduced hours are to exclude people that work and give more power to those that sit on their ass collecting checks.

{sigh} try reading the provided news articles on the subject. I'll break it down...

In REPUBLICAN Districts they are approving early voting. In DEMOCRATIC Districts they are denying early voting. ("They" being REPUBLICANS)

That seem fair to you?

Looks like someone is making a mess out of nothing. From the linked article:

Burke, however, said that Triantafilou has made it clear in their discussions that he is strongly leaning against approving extra hours when the matter is debated Aug. 16.

“I know Tim’s going to try to club me over the head on this and say it’s voter suppression,” Triantafilou said. “But I just reject that.

“This year every registered voter will get an absentee ballot application, so people can vote 24/7 from home for weeks before the election. There will be plenty of hours to vote early. It’s just not true we’re trying to restrict access.”

I guessing they are trying to prevent those long lines, way in to the night. Everyone will have the same opportunity to vote.

It seems unfair because it is and EVERYONE should be outraged by it.

Unfair?, liberals are talking unfair, talk about glass houses....

Everyone should be outraged. When some of you assholes excuse this shit with bogus "so they can't vote more than once" lies, it only betrays just how shallow and empty-headed you are.

If you have to cheat to win, then your philosophy is dead. Corrupt. Evil. And laughing it off just proves you are retards.

You are not clever. You are not bright. You are showing your asses.

I hate you more than I hate Obama. And I hate Obama with the fire of a thousand suns. Get the FUCK out of my party and go back under the rocks from which you came.

Last edited:
Don't forget to add in the fact that Romney will be enslaving the middle class as soon as he steals, er I mean, wins this election.

{sigh} try reading the provided news articles on the subject. I'll break it down...

In REPUBLICAN Districts they are approving early voting. In DEMOCRATIC Districts they are denying early voting. ("They" being REPUBLICANS)

That seem fair to you?

If they are Democratic districts, how is it that the Republicans are restricting hours when they don't control the board of elections?

I am quite capable of reading... And identifying hypocrisy.

It is up to the county board of elections in each county. It depends upon the available workers and the available money to provide for this early voting.

Now being in Ohio I will tell you that all early voting has been cancelled for the weekend and Monday before the actual election. In all counties.

4 years ago during that weekend ACORN was picking up homeless people taking them to the board of elections registering them to vote and assisting them in filing out their ballot. Many of these people had a park bench as a home address......

I guess the homeless may not vote for Obama in Ohio this year.........

That seem fair to you?

You'll have to forgive Ernie, he has the mental capabilities of a 3 year old.

Yes, the GOP has to find a way to prevent as many people from voting as possible.

President Obama 4.2

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - State Changes

President Obama 4.0

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama: Favorable/Unfavorable

Governor Romney -2.9

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Romney: Favorable/Unfavorable

Ohio President Obama 4.8

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

My, my, those numbers just keep on, keeping on.

Don't forget to add in the fact that Romney will be enslaving the middle class as soon as he steals, er I mean, wins this election.

Another inhabitant of an alternative reality.

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

The numbers just seem to be hanging right in the same places. Of course, Romney could decide on Ryan for his Vice, and add another 50 to the Presidents column.

This really is amazing and needs to hit national news, so more people are aware of what is really going on in Ohio.
The OP is 100% correct with her information

During the 2004 election, it was such a mess and lines went on for hours and hours so many just walked away and didn't vote due to jobs ect.
Bush won

It was then changed in the 2008 election to extend hours to vote which made the lines much shorter and easier to vote.
Obama won

Interesting fact that the state is allowing this to go back to the 2004 standards. :hellno:

Partisan dynamics in Ohio is having the effect of ending early voting for Democratic counties but extending voting opportunities in Republican counties

Obama is trying to sue to get the fairness back and the court date is on Aug. 15 or around that date.
I am sure we will see many delays, perhaps even past the election day. So these people will have the long lines again in the Democrat areas, perhaps many not being able to vote.
This is sooooooo not right and perhaps with this becoming national news it will be stopped.
One can only hope.

Forum List

Back