100 MMMillion Americans on Welfare, so Obama by a Landslide

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Contumacious, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
  2. Zxereus

Zxereus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +152
    One would assume that with the millions out of work, those unemployed would be voting for whoever is running against the incumbent, and therefore in this case Romney has a large block of voters in his pocket.

However, if you are unemployed and becoming accustomed to drawing unemployment, and welfare who is the candidate most likely to help you remain on the dole ?

Obviously Obama.
    What it comes down to, is while it would be nice to think all of these people WANT off the government nipple, that is obviously not the case.
    In affect, millions of these people in truth are voters who are actually in the pocket of Obama.

3. Publius1787

Publius1787 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I guess we can see why James Madison, among other founding fathers, believed in allowing only property owners to vote. Since property is the fruit of our individual liberty, and thus, a self-evident truth cannot be violated in order to give an artificial privilege to another, taken with the fact that the ends of government is to defend our individual liberty, then it certainly is a conflict of interest for those who live off of the produce of others. Obama does not believe in individual liberty as a self-evident truth. He believes that individual liberty is only a privilege that can be taken by government in order to provide "collective rights." Of course, if rights can be granted by government then they aren’t rights at all. The more people on welfare will only create more supporters for Obama. It would be lying to ones self to say otherwise. This is by design.

4. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I distinctly remember Sam Kinison advising the Somalians to move out of the desert and to where the food was.

Nothing prevents the welfare recipients from also moving to where the jobs are, if they REALLY wanted to.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,456
    Interesting............we have over 100 million people on welfare (according to the OP), yet there are only 300 million people TOTAL POPULATION in the U.S.

That would mean that 1 out of every 3 people are currently on welfare (according to the OP).

Where did you get that info dude, did you pull it outta your ass?

6. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Gee, if the GOP had nominated someone who comes off less frigid, it may have a chance.

7. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    No siree bob.

The Constitution of the welfare/warfare Constitution clealry states that the voting booth must actually an ATM machine connected to the US Treasury.

Barrick Obamer

8. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    When you hear numbers like 100 million on welfare, it should be an issue that unites Americans, not divides. The talking point should be "how do we grow the middle class and get these struggling Americans into a more financially secure position". Instead all I ever read is name calling and blaming.

9. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,456
    When I hear a number like "100 million on welfare" I start wondering where they pulled that figure out from (probably their ass), because there are only 300 million people TOTAL POPULATION IN THIS COUNTRY.

That would mean that 1 out of every 3 Americans is currently on welfare, which sounds like bullshit to me.

10. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,659
    I know...1/3rd Americans on Welfare? Really? Does this go with the 200 million a day spent on the India trip?