Obama in a Landslide?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Liberals don’t want to jinx it. It terrifies the right. And the press would prefer a nail-biter. But the fact is that finding Romney’s path to victory is getting harder every day.

There’s a secret lurking behind everything you’re reading about the upcoming election, a secret that all political insiders know—or should—but few are talking about, most likely because it takes the drama out of the whole business. The secret is the electoral college, and the fact is that the more you look at it, the more you come to conclude that Mitt Romney has to draw an inside straight like you’ve never ever seen in a movie to win this thing. This is especially true now that it seems as if Pennsylvania isn’t really up for grabs. Romney’s paths to 270 are few.

It’s beginning to look like Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.​

More: Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide - The Daily Beast

Liberals don’t want to jinx it. It terrifies the right. And the press would prefer a nail-biter. But the fact is that finding Romney’s path to victory is getting harder every day.

There’s a secret lurking behind everything you’re reading about the upcoming election, a secret that all political insiders know—or should—but few are talking about, most likely because it takes the drama out of the whole business. The secret is the electoral college, and the fact is that the more you look at it, the more you come to conclude that Mitt Romney has to draw an inside straight like you’ve never ever seen in a movie to win this thing. This is especially true now that it seems as if Pennsylvania isn’t really up for grabs. Romney’s paths to 270 are few.

It’s beginning to look like Obama can lose the big Eastern four—Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida: all of ’em!—and still be reelected.​

More: Michael Tomasky on the (Possible) Coming Obama Landslide - The Daily Beast
pets_ruin_my_stuff_part_2_640_26.jpg

Hey, are you going to sue me like you threatened or not?

(1) The TPM makes it harder every day in the swing states for Romney, and Romney can't get the discussion focused on economics. (2) Romney gets two more tries: the convention and the debates. He will win or lose the election on whether he can talk successfully about the economy. The President will win if he can keep Romney pinned on any other and all issues, which he has been doing quite well.

If Obama wins, I think the Dems will still have the Senate. If so, then both sides have to compromise, or everyone will be thrown out in 2014.

Obama with a Republican and Tea Party controlled Congress.

Imagine the greens fees, Hollywood parties and travel costs.

I really don't think Romney will even come close to winning. Of course there's always a chance but I'm hoping for gains in the House and Senate.

I really wanted Bob Kerrey back in the Senate but it doesn't look like that's happening.

When and where did I threaten to sue you? Prove it, you psycho liar. BTW, which type of liar are you?

Pathological versus Compulsive Liars - Truth About Deception

My guess is Obama will win but not in a landslide, he'll comfortably will the electoral college but the popular vote will be closer, the Dems will keep the Senate but it'll be close there-close to 50-50, the House will stay Rep but the Dems will gain some, the Tea Party will pick up a couple seats in the House and one in the Senate.

From what I've seen, this is the likely outcome.

Say what? :wtf::disbelief:

My guess is Obama will win but not in a landslide, he'll comfortably will the electoral college but the popular vote will be closer, the Dems will keep the Senate but it'll be close there-close to 50-50, the House will stay Rep but the Dems will gain some, the Tea Party will pick up a couple seats in the House and one in the Senate.

From what I've seen, this is the likely outcome.

That is also generally how I perceive the outcome.

(1) The TPM makes it harder every day in the swing states for Romney, and Romney can't get the discussion focused on economics. (2) Romney gets two more tries: the convention and the debates. He will win or lose the election on whether he can talk successfully about the economy. The President will win if he can keep Romney pinned on any other and all issues, which he has been doing quite well.

If Obama wins, I think the Dems will still have the Senate. If so, then both sides have to compromise, or everyone will be thrown out in 2014.

reagan vs. carter, reagand own by 8 points into October, branded as an ' out there con' etc etc ...they and that one debate together, the week after reagan never looked back. Romney aint no reagan but I think people will really tune in after the conventions....if Romney debates well, and uses the cash he'll have in abundance wisely, he can win.

stop your damn whining fake Republican, the Tea party isn't going anywhere...

reagan vs. carter, reagand own by 8 points into October, branded as an ' out there con' etc etc ...they and that one debate together, the week after reagan never looked back. Romney aint no reagan but I think people will really tune in after the conventions....if Romney debates well, and uses the cash he'll have in abundance wisely, he can win.

That is if Obama even shows UP to any debates.

Forum List

Back