OH MY!!!! Have you seen the NEW 538 numberes????

Let,s see....after the DNC convention Reagan was down 17%, and Bush 1 was down 20%.......who knew?

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

electionHistory_1988_1.gif
I only printed whaat was said on the Mark Simone shiow, and apparently he was wrong BU
Let,s see....after the DNC convention Reagan was down 17%, and Bush 1 was down 20%.......who knew?

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

I didn't do the research, only stated what was said on the Mark Simone Radio show... apparently he had the wrong info....

BUT I find this INFO more than interesting....

Interesting that the demographics of the Aug. 3 FOX POLL shows 434 Democrats and 370 Republicans polled to come up with a Clinton +10%! But there were 15% MORE Dimwits in that poll than Republicans.....NOT everything the MSM, no matter who it is, is FAIR and balanced!

Fox News Poll Aug. 3, 2016

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

I only printed whaat was said on the Mark Simone shiow, and apparently he was wrong BU

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

I didn't do the research, only stated what was said on the Mark Simone Radio show... apparently he had the wrong info....

Interesting that the demographics of the Aug. 3 FOX POLL shows 434 Democrats and 370 Republicans polled to come up with a Clinton +10%! But there were 15% MORE Dimwits in that poll than Republicans.....NOT everything the MSM, no matter who it is, is FAIR and balanced!

What's the correct ratio of Democrats to Republicans?

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

But, then again, YOU may have bogus information, OR it just depends on WHO'S POLLS you are going by!!!!!!

Ronald Reagan would be familiar with some of the challenges facing Donald Trump lately.
Imagine an establishment-busting presidential candidate rolling up the primaries but polling 20 points behind the presumptive Democratic nominee. The controversial Republican front-runner is considered so radical that the party establishment eyes a brokered convention, perhaps to nominate a failed candidate from the previous election. Sound familiar? Welcome to March 1980.

In retrospect, Ronald Reagan’s presidency seems inevitable, but the prevailing wisdom in the Republican Party 36 years ago was that he was leading the party to certain defeat. Going into the 1980 race, some Republican leaders thought Reagan was too old, too conservative, or too provocative to win the nomination. But the Gipper was clearly popular with the party’s grass roots. Reagan split some early contests with George H.W. Bush, winning New Hampshire and Vermont but losing Iowa and Massachusetts. Then he ran up a string of five victories in the south and Midwest that gave him a commanding delegate lead. By this stage of the game in 1980, it looked like Reagan was unbeatable.

The GOP Establishment was in meltdown over Reagan’s surge. Comparatively moderate candidates like Howard Baker, John Connally, Bob Dole, and Phil Crane dropped out. Liberal Republican Congressman John Anderson of Illinois was hanging on, Kasich-like, having almost won in Massachusetts, and showing strong second-place finishes in Illinois and Vermont. Anderson became something of a press darling and eventually ran as a third-party challenger (another anti-Trump scenario being discussed these days), netting 6.6% of the popular vote.

But the electability question continued to dog Reagan. A series of opinion polls supported the notion that he simply could not win in November. A Gallup poll from the first week of March showed him losing to Jimmy Carter by 23 points, 57% to 34%. Subsequent March polls from ABC News/Harris and CBS/New York Times showed Reagan losing by 18 and 19 points respectively. Compare those numbers to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showing Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 13 points. Los Angeles Times poll director I.A. Lewis declared that “Reagan is the opponent of choice for Carter.”

The only bright spot for the GOP was a hypothetical race between Carter and Gerald Ford in the CBS/NYT poll, in which the former president had a five-point lead. Ford had offered his opinion that Reagan was “too conservative” to win a general election, and speculation was rampant that Ford was going to jump into the race. Commentators began talking about stopping Reagan at a brokered convention and elevating Ford, just as some have suggested anointing Mitt Romney at the upcoming Cleveland convention. Reagan believed that the former President was inclined to run, if not to win outright then to act as a spoiler at the convention. “I wouldn’t be surprised if the strategy is getting to the convention with no one having enough delegates for a victory and having a brokered convention,” Reagan said.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter was facing a determined challenge from liberal Senator Ted Kennedy, though doing much better than Hillary Clinton is against Bernie Sanders. By March 18, Carter had limited Kennedy to one win, in his home state of Massachusetts. But Carter did not have the nomination in the bag yet; Kennedy would win five of the eight upcoming contests through the end of April, including upsets in New York and Pennsylvania. Kennedy hung on until the Democratic convention in August, fighting, though failing, to free Carter’s delegates from their commitments to the president. If Mrs. Clinton rolls into the Philadelphia convention under a cloud of indictment for espionage and public corruption, the Sanders team might want to revisit 1980 as well.

We know how the story ends. Carter was dragged down by a sagging economy and the Iranian hostage crisis. By June, Reagan had closed the polling gap. Ford never entered the race, though some wild ideas were discussed at the Detroit convention where Ford was floated as a potential running mate and “co-president” with Reagan. In the end, the Gipper went with second-place finisher Bush, in the interest of party unity. And Reagan beat Carter by 10 points in November, winning the electoral vote by a landslide.....

Establishment Believed Ronald Reagan Would Lead GOP to Certain Defeat

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Democrat-to-Republican Ratio Lowest Since ’05
Buck Banks
According to a recent Gallup poll, the percentage of Americans who are registered or lean toward the Republican Party rose six points to 45 percent, versus 46 percent Democrat, in a poll that was taken from January through March 2010. That is the narrowest margin since 2005, when the two parties were tied at 46 percent.

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Buck Banks
According to a recent Gallup poll, the percentage of Americans who are registered or lean toward the Republican Party rose six points to 45 percent, versus 46 percent Democrat, in a poll that was taken from January through March 2010. That is the narrowest margin since 2005, when the two parties were tied at 46 percent.

2010? WTF?

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Buck Banks

2010? WTF?
Then do the fucking looking yourself asswipe,and stop asking if you don't want an answer!

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Buck Banks

2010? WTF?
Then do the fucking looking yourself asswipe,and stop asking if you don't want an answer!

2010? Can nothing embarrass you?

Buck Banks

2010? WTF?

2010? Can nothing embarrass you?
Why would that embarrass me... You should be embarrassed if that is wrong and you still are clueless!

Hillary will tank back to her usual 37% once we all find out about the Iran deal......Hillary: Uh,,what? what 400 Million Dollars, this is all new to me.

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

But, then again, YOU may have bogus information, OR it just depends on WHO'S POLLS you are going by!!!!!!

Ronald Reagan would be familiar with some of the challenges facing Donald Trump lately.
Imagine an establishment-busting presidential candidate rolling up the primaries but polling 20 points behind the presumptive Democratic nominee. The controversial Republican front-runner is considered so radical that the party establishment eyes a brokered convention, perhaps to nominate a failed candidate from the previous election. Sound familiar? Welcome to March 1980.

In retrospect, Ronald Reagan’s presidency seems inevitable, but the prevailing wisdom in the Republican Party 36 years ago was that he was leading the party to certain defeat. Going into the 1980 race, some Republican leaders thought Reagan was too old, too conservative, or too provocative to win the nomination. But the Gipper was clearly popular with the party’s grass roots. Reagan split some early contests with George H.W. Bush, winning New Hampshire and Vermont but losing Iowa and Massachusetts. Then he ran up a string of five victories in the south and Midwest that gave him a commanding delegate lead. By this stage of the game in 1980, it looked like Reagan was unbeatable.

The GOP Establishment was in meltdown over Reagan’s surge. Comparatively moderate candidates like Howard Baker, John Connally, Bob Dole, and Phil Crane dropped out. Liberal Republican Congressman John Anderson of Illinois was hanging on, Kasich-like, having almost won in Massachusetts, and showing strong second-place finishes in Illinois and Vermont. Anderson became something of a press darling and eventually ran as a third-party challenger (another anti-Trump scenario being discussed these days), netting 6.6% of the popular vote.

But the electability question continued to dog Reagan. A series of opinion polls supported the notion that he simply could not win in November. A Gallup poll from the first week of March showed him losing to Jimmy Carter by 23 points, 57% to 34%. Subsequent March polls from ABC News/Harris and CBS/New York Times showed Reagan losing by 18 and 19 points respectively. Compare those numbers to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showing Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 13 points. Los Angeles Times poll director I.A. Lewis declared that “Reagan is the opponent of choice for Carter.”

The only bright spot for the GOP was a hypothetical race between Carter and Gerald Ford in the CBS/NYT poll, in which the former president had a five-point lead. Ford had offered his opinion that Reagan was “too conservative” to win a general election, and speculation was rampant that Ford was going to jump into the race. Commentators began talking about stopping Reagan at a brokered convention and elevating Ford, just as some have suggested anointing Mitt Romney at the upcoming Cleveland convention. Reagan believed that the former President was inclined to run, if not to win outright then to act as a spoiler at the convention. “I wouldn’t be surprised if the strategy is getting to the convention with no one having enough delegates for a victory and having a brokered convention,” Reagan said.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter was facing a determined challenge from liberal Senator Ted Kennedy, though doing much better than Hillary Clinton is against Bernie Sanders. By March 18, Carter had limited Kennedy to one win, in his home state of Massachusetts. But Carter did not have the nomination in the bag yet; Kennedy would win five of the eight upcoming contests through the end of April, including upsets in New York and Pennsylvania. Kennedy hung on until the Democratic convention in August, fighting, though failing, to free Carter’s delegates from their commitments to the president. If Mrs. Clinton rolls into the Philadelphia convention under a cloud of indictment for espionage and public corruption, the Sanders team might want to revisit 1980 as well.

We know how the story ends. Carter was dragged down by a sagging economy and the Iranian hostage crisis. By June, Reagan had closed the polling gap. Ford never entered the race, though some wild ideas were discussed at the Detroit convention where Ford was floated as a potential running mate and “co-president” with Reagan. In the end, the Gipper went with second-place finisher Bush, in the interest of party unity. And Reagan beat Carter by 10 points in November, winning the electoral vote by a landslide.....

Reagan was up by 10. Trump is down by 10.

Reagan sold optimism. Birfer Trump sells fear and darkness.

Epic fail as usual, Vagifail.

Wrong again, Vagifail.

trialheats1980.png

Reagan was up by 10. Trump is down by 10.

Reagan sold optimism. Birfer Trump sells fear and darkness.

Epic fail as usual, Vagifail.

Again bullshitter according to which poll at the time?

You mean "Making America GREAT AGAIN" isn't optimistic????

Epic failure Bulldada!

Forum List

Back