Official USMB Bible Poll

Is the Holy Bible fact or fiction?

• Fact

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Fiction

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
You know something Jillian, MOST faiths and philosophies believe in reincarnation....

Christians - the belief you've got to be "born again".

Jews - definitely believe in reincarnation. There was a rabbi who could look at people and tell how many lives they'd lived before.

India - whole philosophy is based on it.

Tao - same thing with karma.

It's only the brainwashed ultra fanatics that tell you there is no such thing.

Hey now, I don't believe in reincarnation.

You know something Jillian, MOST faiths and philosophies believe in reincarnation....

Christians - the belief you've got to be "born again".

Jews - definitely believe in reincarnation. There was a rabbi who could look at people and tell how many lives they'd lived before.

India - whole philosophy is based on it.

Tao - same thing with karma.

It's only the brainwashed ultra fanatics that tell you there is no such thing.

I was never taught reincarnation as part of judaism. But it is likely that as jews moved east from Judea many ended up in India and the surrounds. This would have led to a blending of the belief systems and an "easternization" of the religion.

Good link, but I said it once already, almost all old christian art was done by pagans of differing religions, and within the art of the destroyers is hidden the culture of the pagans they attacked. We are a far smarter type of person than they gave us credit for. Look at many of the 'saints' to, there are many more of our symbols and stories. we even worked a few of our tales into the bibull, well, in the NT anyway.

It is. I can't remember the rabbi's name, but he was famous for being able to tell how many lives someone else had lived.

Matter of fact, there is a story where he was talking to someone and asked him why he was still having the same problem when he'd already been laying in so many graves.

The bible is a collection of books. Some of the books are obvious fiction such as Job, which is stated is a poem. So there is no way to call the whole bible Fact or Fiction, but if I had to choose I would say fact. The new testament is definitly fact, besides revalations. Most of the Old testament chronicles is fact along with alot of the Torah.

The bible is a collection of books. Some of the books are obvious fiction such as Job, which is stated is a poem. So there is no way to call the whole bible Fact or Fiction, but if I had to choose I would say fact. The new testament is definitly fact, besides revalations. Most of the Old testament chronicles is fact along with alot of the Torah.

The old testament IS the Torah.

I'm going with fiction, simply because it's written by man. Anything written by man is subject to personal interpretation of anything misunderstood, and simple human error.

Forum List

Back