Official USMB Bible Poll

Is the Holy Bible fact or fiction?

• Fact

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Fiction

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
Like I said.....check out Judaism.

When I first started to check into it, I almost immediately knew it was gold.

I'm very much an egghead too. Matter of fact, that's how I get my inventions. I watch natural things.

Naw, I like being pagan, could never give into a church much less follow anothers lead. I love the Egyptian beliefs because of that very fact.

It was Hebrew, but it was formed (based on some historical evidence) as a collection of many other religious myths from various parts of the area, except the OT, which was focused on the Hebrew beliefs at the time only. The NT was mostly taken from the Greek myths, and the whole ascent to heaven by the savior was taken almost directly from Imhoteps rise to godhood from Egypt (for those unfamiliar, Imhotep was the great healer at that time who revolutionised medicine so much that even today we use his mark to represent medicine).

I don't mean to be agrumentative but it's my understanding that the written word was first done in Greek with a smattering of Aramic to record Hebrew history and done so in 200-300 BC. If it matters...which it may or may not... reference Seputgint. I guess it's a matter of interpretation. Either way, I still say it's historical fiction. ... Thanks.

Like I said.....check out Judaism.

When I first started to check into it, I almost immediately knew it was gold.

I'm very much an egghead too. Matter of fact, that's how I get my inventions. I watch natural things.

You have got to be kidding.

Let's hear the story of Noah being raped by his daughters again. That was priceless, egghead and biblical scholar.

I don't mean to be agrumentative but it's my understanding that the written word was first done in Greek with a smattering of Aramic to record Hebrew history and done so in 200-300 BC. If it matters...which it may or may not... reference Seputgint. I guess it's a matter of interpretation. Either way, I still say it's historical fiction. ... Thanks.

Not arguing on the historical fiction part, but the OT was written i Hebrew, the NT however was mostly Greek. Remember, the OT was actually older than the NT and was gathered by many generations. Hebrew is almost as old as Ancient Egyptian Heiretics, which is a root for many languages that appeared at that time just not Hebrew. Heiretics only appeared for a short time though, the fall of an empire can do that to a language. Ooops, side track again. Anyhow, the NT was the only one that originated in Europe/Greece.

Picky picky ... alright AND Aramaic.

Can't even please Allie when NOT posting facts against her.

Last edited:

Your understanding is incorrect. The Bible was done almost 6,000 years ago... in Hebrew.

Just wondering why you're fixated on this point. It was the NT that was done in Greek first.

Your understanding is incorrect. The Bible was done almost 6,000 years ago... in Hebrew.

Just wondering why you're fixated on this point. It was the NT that was done in Greek first.

Actually, some of the OT stories date can be matched to some from even older than 6,000 years. Many of the NT stories are bastardizations of stories from other countries, several came from Aztec myth, some from Incan, and a lot from Arabic and Egyptian. The bulk of the NT was Greek and Roman myth. But they were all changed. Anthropologists and Historians are still finding connections to other myths.

Actually, some of the OT stories date can be matched to some from even older than 6,000 years. Many of the NT stories are bastardizations of stories from other countries, several came from Aztec myth, some from Incan, and a lot from Arabic and Egyptian. The bulk of the NT was Greek and Roman myth. But they were all changed. Anthropologists and Historians are still finding connections to other myths.

You sure ours came from them? Or did theirs come from ours? :eusa_whistle:

Nothing wrong with collecting the best myths from other people, that shows intelligence just as much as coming up with originals, also it doesn't prove one or the other wrong. The NT however really smashes them to pieces, they lose meaning if you change it too much. You can't expect one culture to come up with that many stories, even the Ancients shared a lot of theirs, the Aztecs and Egyptians at the time actually met (the Egyptians they found had mapped the whole world but buried the map in a tomb then stopped traveling for some reason) but the two had a common myth, Ramses recorded it somewhere and I have the reference in book (yes I read real books besides code references). just can't remember the damned linked. Also, Set, the serpent god of decay and poison, was one that they borrowed from another nation, let's see if anyone can point this one out without help. Then, Set became known as Satan by the OT (thus the serpent reference). This doesn't make it a less important story, Set hated life, he hated humans, just the reasoning was changed. Set didn't hated humans because Riah gave them the spark he wanted for himself. Bastet was the only of the gods that could sooth Set, and also the only god to ever protect Set from Riah, but Riah loved Bastet in spite of her trickster ways. Bastet just loved collecting souls, she was in charge of making sure the dead went to the underworld adn Set was the only reason humans died. Okay, enough rambling, but now you see, changing Set's name didn't change his purpose, he was the one that did all the dirty work for the other gods in Egypt.

Well, if you wanna know the truth, it all comes from the Hebrews, because they were the first people to unquestioningly, as well as obediently, received the Torah (which was written in Hebrew). They have guarded it for over 3,500 years.

The ones that came before, well.....you'd kinda have to study Torah to understand. But.....let it be known.....The original TRUE Word of God was written as the Torah, and it was written in Hebrew.

Interestingly enough....the Jewish language is not only letter based, but numerically based also. And......math is the universal language of the Universe.

Well, if you wanna know the truth, it all comes from the Hebrews, because they were the first people to unquestioningly, as well as obediently, received the Torah (which was written in Hebrew). They have guarded it for over 3,500 years.

The ones that came before, well.....you'd kinda have to study Torah to understand. But.....let it be known.....The original TRUE Word of God was written as the Torah, and it was written in Hebrew.

Interestingly enough....the Jewish language is not only letter based, but numerically based also. And......math is the universal language of the Universe.

Everything is math... and the movie Pi did a great job with that.

And I've studied some Kabbalah, though nothing extensive.

*grin* Why do you think I chose the Egyptian mythos over all the others. They were among the greatest mathematicians in the world.

well, ultimately, Tolkien.. with a little Jack Vance, various mythology and wargaming sprinkled in. I'd hardly say that the bible is the source of rpg gaming.

Forum List

Back